Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Brakk Re-Release Discussion Thread

JohnProdman

...so many sissies complaining about how "hard" it was to do 100 invasions... against the corpus... on mars. Killing 3 mini-boss grineer likely takes more bullets than you spent in that entire week.

Really? OP got EVERYTHING needed to make it after only 3 missions of hunting. Plus, i'm sure it's nothing a Rhino + Soma can't sort out.

Really? OP got EVERYTHING needed to make it after only 3 missions of hunting. Plus, i'm sure it's nothing a Rhino + Soma can't sort out.

This. People are trying to make it out to be equivalent to the amount of time put into doing 100+ Gradivus or even more work, instead of something that takes an hour, tops.

This. People are trying to make it out to be equivalent to the amount of time put into doing 100+ Gradivus or even more work, instead of something that takes an hour, tops.

And? Who gives a S#&$. We were able to get our Brakk months before anyone else. We were able to enjoy its extreme overpoweredness before they nerfed it. We've had time to max it and forma it to the extreme if we wanted. Not only that, if you were on the Grineer side, the Brakk came fully crafted AND potato'd. Stop complaining about new players being able to get it now. It just screams of selfishness.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Unfortunately. I have done another 20 missions without another event, though. It was lucky, but it's not 100 missions hard, for sure.

EDIT: Just had the Grustag Three in-game.

They dropped: Brakk blueprint, Brakk receiver, Brakk barrel, Natural Talent, Split Chamber, Barrel Diffusion, all in a single mission and encounter. This was the third mission done since 12.3 launched.

Get out... did you take a pic?

Is that a tremendously lucky drop? Anyone else?

Are those all the parts for the gun? Did you get all the arts of the gun in one go?

Am I pissed off that the Brakk has been re-released because of all the whining from people that couldn't/couldn't be bothered to do the event. Yes I am, especially since its like a couple hours work tops to get it. Try doing 100 invasions in an hour. The other Wraith/Vandal weapons should have come first, instead of DE bending to the pressure from those that now realise that the Brakk is awesome.

What I am more annoyed about is that those that bothered to do the event, end up with literally nothing new this update. We get some crappy gimmick pistol that we have to wait 4 days to use (or pay plat GG DE). If we had got the chance to actually get something that we didn't have either then I'd be less annoyed.

Get out... did you take a pic?

Is that a tremendously lucky drop? Anyone else?

Are those all the parts for the gun? Did you get all the arts of the gun in one go?

Yeah, pretty much.

I did another 30-40 missions after receiving another mark without having the event occur again, though. So far I'm the only case I've seen where all the pieces dropped in one go.

EDIT: Just had the Grustag Three in-game.

They dropped: Brakk blueprint, Brakk receiver, Brakk barrel, Natural Talent, Split Chamber, Barrel Diffusion, all in a single mission and encounter. This was the third mission done since 12.3 launched.

If you've no picture or video evidence of this, I'm going to call hogwash on this.

I did more than five hundred runs at Gravidus and I think this is great. It really isn't fair to newbies that a weapon as amazing as the Brakk is unobtainable.

Seriously, what's the problem here? Oh boo hoo, you're not a special snowflake any more. Oh noes you did 100 runs to get your Brakk. Well guess what, I did five times that and I say you're full of greedy milk.

and so what if you did 500 runs for the gravidus? also did you see me mention that I didn't want the weapon to be re-released? I was just disappointed for this week's release simply because I was expecting more new content.

and what's with the boo hoo? I'm not even saying that I feel special at the start. I'm not greedy but I just want the release to be fair. you sir are too judgemental. All i'm saying is that the weapon we worked hard for, can now be obtained by simply going into missions where the enemies are the grineer. hell, you can just go ahead and grind in missions where enemies are grineer and you can get it. All I'm asking is that they should at least put a little bit of work and effort before getting it.

This will be my last reply to Brakk threads.

"I did 100 missions!"
"Why do they get a Brakk?!"
"I want to keep my cool weapon exclusive!"

Please, stop. Yeah, we understand that you feel like you're being betrayed. But... no. This is a co-op game. Stop acting like braggarts who get in people faces about your mighty handcannon, and be as disgruntled as you like.

Well, I did my 100 missions in the event.  And I am 100% sure I got the sweet end of this particular deal.

Even if I totally ignore the 4 month delay here, for those 100 runs I got:

The brakk

A slot for the brakk

A potato for the brakk

The Machete Wraith

A slot for the Machete Wraith

A potato for the Machete Wraith

An Event Badge

Battle Pay for the mission sets I completed, including several potatos

The credit reward for each of those missions, typically around 5000 a run, totaling roughly half a million credits.

So, even if someone who missed the event gets the Brakk in 1 run against the trio, I'm still 100% sure I'm the lucky one.

Edited by Phatose

I was actually glad my friends can get this now. Still not easy to get unless you are really lucky. Actually if I had to choose I would prolly do that 100 missions anyway for guaranteed Brakk instead going against RNG. (if I didn't have Brakk already)

That being said this community has some amusingly entitled people. x)

I'm not really bothered that it's available, but on the other hand I don't ever want to have to go through 100 runs to get an event reward that will be available later (not because others can get it but because I could have waited and saved myself from an incredibly wearing and annoying experience).

IMO just make all event rewards exclusive cosmetics and maybe boosters and problem solved.

If I'm hearing correctly, Brakk has Barrel/Receiver/Blueprint components now.

What I find strange is after the Gradvius Dilemma, Corpus supporters got a Brakk BP that only required materials and no parts.

Because they actually did the event. Poor sods who missed it need to collect all three.

and so what if you did 500 runs for the gravidus?

It means all you people who're complaining about the Brakk release are full of greedy milk. If I did 500 runs and runs = effort, I'm worth five of you guys so I should be five times as deserving of compensation.

Fortunately, runs don't equal effort in that sense and nobody's owed compensation of any sort.

and what's with the boo hoo? I'm not even saying that I feel special at the start. I'm not greedy but I just want the release to be fair. you sir are too judgemental. All i'm saying is that the weapon we worked hard for, can now be obtained by simply going into missions where the enemies are the grineer. hell, you can just go ahead and grind in missions where enemies are grineer and you can get it.

And what exactly is wrong with this? Should I complain about ammo mutation mods because by God I was blowing up Formorians for a week and yet these plebians can get an ammo mutation mod in literally twenty minutes if RNGJesus favors them?

What your 'effort' got you:

A free Brakk, no need to spend 10 cells and farm these three guys. Also you got it six months ahead of time.

A free potato for that Brakk.

A free slot for that Brakk.

Even if you supported the corpus in Gravidus, you still got a Brakk BP that doesn't require a crapload of cells and farming and you got it six months ahead of the newbies.

That on top of all the other things you got from Gravidus, like the Machete Wraith, along with its own potato and slot, or the loyalty emblem, or the battle pay.

Demanding more 'compensation' from DE for this is nothing more than entitled greed.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

It means all you people who're complaining about the Brakk release are full of greedy milk. If I did 500 runs and runs = effort, I'm worth five of you guys so I should be five times as deserving of compensation.

Fortunately, runs don't equal effort in that sense and nobody's owed compensation of any sort.

Demanding more 'compensation' from DE for this is nothing more than entitled greed.

Way to go spit some words that I didn't say. Compensation? go ahead and look at the words that I typed myself. Don't over comprehend the words that I typed because they mean what they stand for. I was not asking for any compensation. did you see me asking for any compensation?

and who are you to call me greedy? Just because I felt like the new content didn't meet my expectations means that I'm greedy already? or is it because I just felt like the new way to get the weapon was too easy and doesn't require much effort?

and what's with that attitude of yours towards me? do you see me crying over this subject? I am entitled to my opinion and presented them into a proper manner not like those who are whining about it.

Even though i was disappointed on how easy it is to get it now, do you see me complaining? I am just expressing my feeling and opinion towards the matter.

People are just upset about our trophy being devalued and passed out to everybody without us veterans being given some kind of secondary acknowledgement in place of it. If the Brakk and Detron had been the lowest tier rewards for Gradivus, I don't think this would have gone on nearly the same, but we're talking about the reward that was supposed to be the top tier trophy, for doing a hundred runs or more, and show your dedication and effort.

It's not about "I don't want this other person to have what I have," it's about "I want to have a replacement for my hard-earned Trophy that isn't a Trophy anymore"

Well, im glad that DE had the courage to do whats right, they should never had gived way Exclusive weapons was event rewards in first place, bc the only thing they bring to the game, is a far bridge betwen players.

Also cant understand what is the argument of 100 runs in 1 week, I did almost the double to get Detron and im sure that im not the only one, but in the end, do you guys play for fun or for entitlement?