Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Vector Wallpapers! [May 19Th: Oberon]

MagpieFirefly

I've been taking an illustrator class, and for my final project (it's a 5 week class, so nothing crazy) I decided to try my hand at some vectorized warframes. 

Updates:

Oberon has been completed! I only did two colorings because he was a ridiculous pain to do. He has so many details that I didn't feel like could be left out without making him not look like himself, but that also ended up making him the most complex and detailed one I've done so far.

Next up is probably going to be Ember, possibly the stretching pose she has with dual pistols.

I'm considering revisiting Zephyr sometime, because I feel like hers is the lowest quality one now from being the first one I ever made, and since she's my favorite frame, I want to do her justice.

Zephyr with the Akstiletto:

Album Link

Blue:

qgT1qvY.png

Green:

vXEJXyq.png

Red:

31oIroe.png

Original: 

w2fgzh8.jpg

Nyx with the Dread bow:

Album Link

Blue:

i95DUOm.png

Green:

71G3twq.png

Sunset:

7oTBFe3.png

Original:

jlK53xH.jpg

Loki with Akmagnus:

Album Link

Blue:

egjY63m.png

Green:

XlsPSsE.png

Red:

iLrbM2c.png

Purple:

6D4V1Pr.png

Original:

IRmnMQG.jpg

Rhino with the Boar:

Album Link

Blue:

HHrUnx7.png

Green:

y8odNBs.png

Red:

Y7GUaU3.png

Original:

rCVTpIP.jpg

Oberon with the Magistar:

Album Link

Blue:

chDn2cc.png

Green:

kDG8yZv.png

Original:

8UYRhUY.jpg

Edited by Owlkin

I've been taking an illustrator class, and for my final project (it's a 5 week class, so nothing crazy) I decided to try my hand at some vectorized warframes. I've only done one so far, but there's one in progress. Next up is Nyx with the Dread. Here's the first, finished one, in three different color schemes.

Sorry if these are a little large. Have an album of them, if that helps any.

ZPuLUqu.png

W80Kq09.png

Can you make a purple nova one like this?

Edited by Bronte

Super impressive and tasteful! Saving thread for reasons... 

<3

Can you make a purple nova one like this?

I'll do what I can! They're a little time consuming since I make all the lines somewhat slowly, and there can be a lot of lines .-. The great thing about it is that once I do all the line parts, I can make it whatever color really easily.

I have work tomorrow and the day after, but I kinda really enjoy doing these, so I might have more before the weekend's out.

The best part is, this is technically homework.

Oh man, I'm practically salivating over the thought of one of these with Ember's dual pistol idle animation...

Maybe that could be the official promo-image for if they ever release Warframe on MacOS. since these do have a certain iPod feel about them.

iFrame...

I'll do what I can! They're a little time consuming since I make all the lines somewhat slowly, and there can be a lot of lines .-. The great thing about it is that once I do all the line parts, I can make it whatever color really easily.

I have work tomorrow and the day after, but I kinda really enjoy doing these, so I might have more before the weekend's out.

The best part is, this is technically homework.

I'll take something a lot simpler; a Zephyr in black, grey, and the first one's blues. :D

Are you taking your classes through a college or an online thing?  

I'm interested in learning how to do this, but I don't have the free time to attend a class physically.  Restricted to online stuff since I can do it from work. : / 

It's through a college, and I physically go to the place. They have this sorta certificate program thing for Web Design that I randomly decided to go for. It's been working out pretty well, I can use Photoshop and now Illustrator reasonably well, on top of being able to do HTML and CSS at a basic level now too. Hasn't even been a year of classes, I started last summer.

It's through a college, and I physically go to the place. They have this sorta certificate program thing for Web Design that I randomly decided to go for. It's been working out pretty well, I can use Photoshop and now Illustrator reasonably well, on top of being able to do HTML and CSS at a basic level now too. Hasn't even been a year of classes, I started last summer.

Thank you for responding so quickly!

What course is it?  I'm thinking I'll have to make the time to attend these classes.  Really want to get into this kind of work and the artistic opportunities it offers. 

Thank you for responding so quickly!

What course is it?  I'm thinking I'll have to make the time to attend these classes.  Really want to get into this kind of work and the artistic opportunities it offers. 

It's under the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. Here's their site.

http://cs.uarts.edu/ce/certificate-programs

I took the "Web Design Essentials" thing. They have some really great teachers there. As for recommendations in general... I've heard that lynda.com is a really good resource. You need to pay to have access to everything, but I think they do some basic overviews of stuff. UArts recommends it for people who need some supplementary stuff to help out with course work. But, I'm sure there's tons of tutorials out there in general if you want to find them.

It's under the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. Here's their site.

http://cs.uarts.edu/ce/certificate-programs

I took the "Web Design Essentials" thing. They have some really great teachers there. As for recommendations in general... I've heard that lynda.com is a really good resource. You need to pay to have access to everything, but I think they do some basic overviews of stuff. UArts recommends it for people who need some supplementary stuff to help out with course work. But, I'm sure there's tons of tutorials out there in general if you want to find them.

Thank you!

Hopefully PCC has a comparable program.  It's a lot easier to deal with the enrollment process with them if you're armed with actual course names , even from other schools.