Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Real Problem With Oxium

adoomgod

So I've been listening and reading in to people's opinions on oxium and the general consensus that it sucks, but the real question is can we make a valid argument on why it sucks.

The answer is, Yes, yes we can. 

You see the problem is not the massive amounts of time it takes to grind vast amounts of oxium. No, in fact as it is right now oxium isn't a problem but it WILL BE.

DE has stated that the general line of thought is that NEW frames will require oxium like the zephyr does and will be built in the tenno lab. 

Taking a long time to make something isn't fun but that's OKAY, the real problem is that players have such limited slots in the beginning of the game without platinum. 

Originally warframe was a true f2p game that seemed to really have a refreshing attitude of giving players a full and fun experience without trying to suck up their wallets' contents. But when new frames which we NEED for mastery rank are released, you will essentially be squeezing the balls of the players who spent the time farming these frames without paying real $$.

How so? Because they will have to sell off old frames for new ones. This isn't such a huuuuge problem with other frames (- vauban) because they aren't that hard to obtain (imo). But not only will players now be losing the n hours they spent getting old frames to 30, they will also lose the hours spent grinding and grinding and grinding for oxium to build the frames they have to sell to make room for new oxium frames! 

This really puts a lot of pressure on players to buy plat for slots. I think instead of 50 starting plat players should start with 6 warframe slots and maybe some more weapon slots as well. Otherwise we really won't be able to say what a refreshing F2P game Warframe is in how it deals with micro-transactions. Oxium is a big ball squeezer for cash.

Agreed, though I'd argue that a higher drop rate would fix that, similar to a 10th of Rube might be adequate. Having it drop in the Void or Orokin Derelict might help too.

My brother has 2 slots for Frames, and he's got no extra weapon slots, and he finds the game absolutely fine, regardless of the amount of slots he has.

Edited by GraalOhOtonami

Agreed, though I'd argue that a higher drop rate would fix that, similar to a 10th of Rube might be adequate. Having it drop in the Void or Orokin Derelict might help too.

My brother has 2 slots for Frames, and he's got no extra weapon slots, and he finds the game absolutely fine, regardless of the amount of slots he has.

And what rank is he?

1st: Oxium is not hard to farm.. if it is for you then you do something wrong or something not right.

2nd: Warframe is "free to play" but not "free to get everything". You can play with 4 Warframe slots but if you want more.. pay up! Drop of Oxium has nothing to do with this.

3rd: With 50 starting Plat you can get 1 Warframe and 4 additional Weapon Slots... and you can trade stuff for plat via trading..bottomline: Platinum is not hard to obtain without paying real money.

All i read all day for the couple of weeks is: Make this easier, this is to hard, let it drop more, this needs more damage, that has to change.. blabla.

all i can say is...

4th: Suck it up!

P.s.: NO!

Edited by Namacyst

I personally think Oxium should drop in the void.

Also I disagree on what you stated on the slots, getting enough plat for the slots is not hard.

I think it actually does. I've done a fair amount of T1 survivals and I've always gotten some odd amount of oxium at the end.

This really puts a lot of pressure on players to buy plat for slots. I think instead of 50 starting plat players should start with 6 warframe slots and maybe some more weapon slots as well. Otherwise we really won't be able to say what a refreshing F2P game Warframe is in how it deals with micro-transactions. Oxium is a big ball squeezer for cash.

the starting plat is fine.

plat for slots is fine.

the amount of slots you start off with is fine.

you can trade for plat, so making the argument that WF is not f2p is just flat out false (for those who do not actually buy plat, and just trade for it).

warframe was never a refreshing take on f2p... just another iteration on some of the better elements of some f2p systems (that being actually f2p and not p2w).

oxi is not a "ball squeezer", its not even really a factor for the most part.

oxi is a mat that you should be accumulating over extended periods of time, the argument you are trying to make comes only from the perspective of an impatient fool who is unwilling to do anything and wants everything now.

anyone who feels they need to buy oxi... really need to reevaluate their priorities.

Edited by alchemistjkt

If you think this isnt a f2p game then your incorrect. If you think the prices are outrageous. then ummmmmm youve never seen a few games under 1 gaming company. >.> things there people are willing to throw thousands of dollars on to get an advantage just to have that gap be filled in the next update or 2. literally seen events where people blow over 5k usd for 1 item that becomes outdated fast. Suffice it to say prices here are very reasonable compared to that. Sooooooo ummmm yeah

Edited by dragonkingdx

I'm not complaining, I have plenty of slots. I have no probs with my slots. I just feel that all oxium really adds is more grind for f2p players who want to reach max mastery rank. I said it's not a problem now, but it will be when more frames come out that require oxium. People need to read

People need to read

Yes, yes you do, because you seemed to have jumped the gun and done exactly the same thing that you accused others of doing.

This thread is nothing but a 'preemptive complaint.'

Edited by Dominus_Tenno

I'm not complaining, I have plenty of slots. I have no probs with my slots. I just feel that all oxium really adds is more grind for f2p players who want to reach max mastery rank. I said it's not a problem now, but it will be when more frames come out that require oxium. People need to read

You need to think before you write. f2p and paying people are the same when it comes to Oxium farm and they are the same when it comes to Mastery. The only edge paying ppl could have over f2p people is that they get stuff faster. That's it!

Basically your whole thread is about nothing except one thing... you don't want to grind. Guess what: get in line.. there are plenty of other threads like this open already. You need to use the search function.

I'm not complaining

eh... kinda sounds like you are... but now im just arguing semantics.

I just feel that all oxium really adds is more grind for f2p players who want to reach max mastery rank.

oxi is just like every other uncommon mat.

master rank is mostly pointless anyway.

anyway... that grind is not exclusive to the f2p crowd.

I said it's not a problem now, but it will be when more frames come out that require oxium.

its not a problem now, nor will it be a problem in the future.

people said the same exact thing about the OD coords drops.

people will naturally build up a massive surplus of them just playing normally... no farming is required past the initial release of a new farm-able item.

as it stands, the argument you are making, is again, from the perspective of the impatient people who dont want to do anything but still expect to get everything.

People need to read

i did.

Edited by alchemistjkt

So I've been listening and reading in to people's opinions on oxium and the general consensus that it sucks, but the real question is can we make a valid argument on why it sucks.

The answer is, Yes, yes we can. 

You see the problem is not the massive amounts of time it takes to grind vast amounts of oxium. No, in fact as it is right now oxium isn't a problem but it WILL BE.

DE has stated that the general line of thought is that NEW frames will require oxium like the zephyr does and will be built in the tenno lab. 

Taking a long time to make something isn't fun but that's OKAY, the real problem is that players have such limited slots in the beginning of the game without platinum. 

Originally warframe was a true f2p game that seemed to really have a refreshing attitude of giving players a full and fun experience without trying to suck up their wallets' contents. But when new frames which we NEED for mastery rank are released, you will essentially be squeezing the balls of the players who spent the time farming these frames without paying real $$.

How so? Because they will have to sell off old frames for new ones. This isn't such a huuuuge problem with other frames (- vauban) because they aren't that hard to obtain (imo). But not only will players now be losing the n hours they spent getting old frames to 30, they will also lose the hours spent grinding and grinding and grinding for oxium to build the frames they have to sell to make room for new oxium frames! 

theres what, 17? frames and over a hundred weapons that dont need oxium?

So DE says only new frames will be built with oxium? That puts things in perspective.

So what DE is doing is kind of like pre-ordering games. When the weapon/frame really "releases" it's actually avalable for preorder and when actual players can get it is the true release.

I'm kind of impressed really, but the problem is that I don't care about frames. DE needs to finish building the game since they know how to sell frames now.

Edited by sewens

common now, as other said you can trade mods for plat = free

also 75 plat is only like $5 ,if you get discount from login its even cheaper, i think you can cut off the cheesburger once a month

also with the start plat u get 2 warframe slots, it should be enough for you to decide if you like to play the game and support the DE a bit

Way to easily solve the problem: 

Mastery = Test

Test Success = Choice of slots (2 Weapon slots, 1 Warframe Slot, OR 1 Sentinel slot)

Mastery = Worth it and encourages leveling up and collecting

...It sounds nice, but what about all those players who are MR10+ and already bought slots? Do we retroactively gain a ton of slots? I have more slots than there are frames in this game. I really don't need that many more.