Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

*U13 is unfinished*

*sip coffee*

"So, any updates on that MMOBomb thread?"

*sip coffee*

"Yeah I've been watching it all day.  I'm tired of coding.  Let's just say we're compiling and keep watching."

"k."

I also want some coffee :<

It appears we will be up against Smite, they have a demanding lead over Path of Exile. Thats if we win.

We should appeal to smite players to vote for us in our semifinal in return for us voting for them in theirs. Then we can have a face off of 3rd person MOBA vs 3rd person team shooter

We should appeal to smite players to vote for us in our semifinal in return for us voting for them in theirs. Then we can have a face off of 3rd person MOBA vs 3rd person team shooter

Shouldn't you ask PoE since they're the ones who are in need of your votes?

Shouldn't you ask PoE since they're the ones who are in need of your votes?

Well I haven't played PoE or Smite before but Smite seems like a more fun game to me. Idk. Personal preference talking I guess. PoE doesn't look too interesting to me. Also bringing up a contender for the sake of kicking their &amp;#&#33; is kinda jerky. Boosting a winning contender because you wanna face that challenge seems better to me. Idk. It's like "I see you are strong and you are a worthy foe". Better than saying "it seems I can help you beat this foe but we aren't holding back on you later". Also if we supported PoE then Smite might get mad and throw their votes into PoE if they fight us.

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/japanese-animation-unleashes-the-mind

Back to the poll watching!

Well I'm really getting concerned here... I'm talking about art... Victor Hugo, Tolstoy, Dostoyeviski, Kafka, Thomas Mann, William Faulkner (writers, I may say, I read the majority of their works..., I read even the 1200 pages of War and Peace...).  The many features in their works, which with time, became art.

On cinema I'm talking about Ingmar Bergman, Tarkvoski, etc., masters that have their work recognized worldwide... This (Roger Ebert's Journal) is just a comment, an opinion, is not a study... he is not a Philosopher trying to understand or prove anything.  And even him is saying: "a lot of those titles may be junk".  What he is doing is trying to convince us, inviting us to watch these works with more tolerant eyes, exactly because he knows they are not considered relevant or important by critics. For other hand, I'm talking about Philosophers who studied the mass production..., they don't have blogs or a Hollywood hall of fame, they have books, which can interpretate all contemporary cultural production.

You should know there theses and dissertations (not opinions) that try to discuss the artistic legitimacy of works like animes and mangas. There are people who say it's art, but it is the minority, at least yet.  The general consensus is that it is not art.

And of course some animes have some artistic merit, some manga/anime can traverse about ethics, about existencial conflicts, etc., but this not make them art.  And there are so many issues... starting with their vehicles, starting with its audience, with its appeal, its demands, etc.  And of course the concept of art can change over time... And someday, animes/mangas can be understood as an artistic expression for Philosophers and Critics, but for now they aren't.
Edited by ebls

Mabinogi players are complaining that we are getting airmech player's votes.  Apparently its "underhanded".  Has red text made an announcement yet?

Several announcements yes

Also gee if it's underhanded where are they getting their votes? It's quite a lot. Not to mention how they beat PS2 on the weekend.

Curious: Where do you get the 7 million?

7 Million players total. Now account for actives.

Edit: @Solarboyluis: Yes but they're asking those communites out of the kindness of their hearts. They don't have to and they don't get any reward for doing so.

Airmech on the other hand....

Edited by LukaWolfDog

7 Million players total. Now account for actives.

Edit: @Solarboyluis: Yes but they're asking those communites out of the kindness of their hearts. They don't have to and they don't get any reward for doing so.

Airmech on the other hand....

Yes, but we didn't ask them to help us and we aren't getting a reward out of it like Mabinogi is.

Mabinogi players are complaining that we are getting airmech player's votes.  Apparently its "underhanded".  Has red text made an announcement yet?

After reading up on their forums.  It seems that they're more upset about idea that Airmech might trying to go against them.  It started when CarbonJames impiled that Mabinogi is cheating.  That guy should have chosen his words more carefully.  He a representative of Airmech so his words hold more weight than most.