The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

I've been playing both Mabinogi AND warframe since beta.

While I did vote for mabinogi, simply due to the fact I've been playing it long, almost 7 years since the beta, I believe all the flame wars on both forums should be stopped, and personally think there should be either,

1. A Re-poll, with no help from outside sources 

2. D/Q both sides, seeing both sides have had help.

On the topic of help, I understand the mentality of both sides, Warframe didn't ASK for the help, but didn't FIGHT the help either, and even thanked the help, thus the Rage of Mabinogi began.

I understand Mabinogi not seeing this as cheating, as all Nexon accounts, regardless of games played, can still be used on Mabinogi, meaning it is also a Mabinogi account...

THUS leading to my opinion of D/Q everyone, or Re-poll the whole things, and if anyone mentions on either side, or any of other game, that they are getting, or giving help (without the given trying to stop them in some way), D/Q them. No questions asked.

^This

I got banned as well when I got in James' face.

7SRs9.png

I cut some off, mostly my rant I sent to him, but this alone kinda shows how much of a hypocrite he is.

Which is sad, because I'm a founder there as well. He used to be so chill. Now he's incredibly egotistical.

Moron, you didnt get banned because you disagreed you got banned for arguing with and being disrespectful to the lead designer of the company, that would get you banned from any game. regardless of topic. you're proud of yourself for being a jackwagon? 

Moron, you didnt get banned because you disagreed you got banned for arguing with and being disrespectful to the lead designer of the company, that would get you banned from any game. regardless of topic. you're proud of yourself for being a jackwagon? 

To be fair, I was kinder to him earlier when I was asking about the whole scenario. That post he made afterwards about being fair irked me.

You realize they're probably doing it because, evidently, AirMech thinks it's fine to bribe their players to vote for Warframe, right?

That's actually what they did. They get an Excalibur Prime hat if Warframe wins.

I play all three games. I'm not impressed by either side. But saying one side is dirty after the other side is doing it is wrong.

And if you don't think the Warframe devs are advocating it, they thanked AirMech over Twitter. So... yeah.

Well, what do you think they should have done? Would have been rude NOT to thank them...

Depending, Warframe does have a community of what was it? 20k or so concurrent players? 

Also, I find it funny that now you're being civil when you weren't so civil on the Mabi forums to me. What's up with that? 

That stopped a whle ago with that forumer from here whos name started with an S

Iwanted to find common ground with him

Quite a few pages before the support

Also

I wasnt liking the talk of nexon has to bribe mabi players to vote for their own game

Its a backwards statement and they know it

It mightve been a mix of both to be fair <<

And nowadays, yeah, DE's greed has gotten a lot stronger since the start of Warframe, enough so for people to notice, but it's not as bad. Hell, not even Mabinogi is p2w anymore. Nexon stepped down as king if you're not playing Maplestory.

pft you apparently didn't play Dragon's Nest that game is pure 100% p2w. The moment I threw money at the game it got sooooo much better. Trust me you NEED to pay just to win in that game or face the wrath of the ultimate pay wall as bad as the Dragon age app game.

edit: Nexon hasn't left its p2w ways yet...

Edited by Arlayn

I might need flame repellent here

Ok

To start

I know warframe didnt ask for airmechs help and the circumstances of that help were shady but it happened and you had no control over it

There has been alot of use of the word bribery as if our players wouldnt have voted otherwise, thats just unfair

wed vote because its our game just like you

Rather than being sour you should be proud you got this far

To be fair

Without Airmechs help Mabi would likely have overtaken the numbers overnight

There were at least 2k votes lead on warframes side and we were slowly crawling toward it

We know for a fact that airmech had at least 2k votes for warframe and as much as 4-5k

Whether we like it or not Mabi acted to counter this by pulling out the full force of nexon

I dont like it, and i mean i really dont like it but thats what happened

All of this flaming and trash talk on both sides needs to stop

We had a few guys making blunt accusations that we needed a bribe as if we wouldnt vote otherwise and thats just wrong no matter what anyone sdays and its an argument that simply cannnot be viably defended period

Our guys need to stop coming here and starting pointless flame wars with you all as well

Especially now

As much as i doubt it im hoping we can all be civil

This flame war between games isnt good for anyone

Were mostly good people on both sides and everyone knows it

This man here speaks the truth.

I had no doubt this would happen, it was only a matter of time.

Still, would it hurt for you guys to MESSAGE ALL YOUR STEAM FRIENDS AND GET THEM TO VOTE.

THE FIGHT IS NOT OVER YET.

pft you apparently didn't play Dragon's Nest that game is pure 100% p2w. The moment I threw money at the game it got sooooo much better. Trust me you NEED to pay just to win in that game or face the wrath of the ultimate pay wall as bad as the Dragon age app game.

Eh, I don't play all Nexon games anymore. It wasn't so bad on release.

You never know, though. Mabinogi used to be pure p2w. Now it's not even remotely close.

Stop justifying Nexon by saying that we bribe Airmech community to vote for us. We maybe involved in bribery but that doesn't mean Nexon is not a A****** for doing such things. Also, De only indirectly encourage Airmech to vote for us, compare to Nexon who gives rewards directly to players.

This feels like a battle between ants. Giants like Dota 2 and league of legends didn't even bother with this lol.

Agreed. It would be nice if warframe wins, because, well... then hellz ya we won. But I've played mabinogi and other nexon games like vindictus, as well as path of exile. All of them have fairly small communities and if they win this, it's huge advertising for them.

Compare that to the 7.5ish million registered Warframe accounts, some of which, obviously, aren't playing anymore, but if even 1/7 of them are still playing that's a million players compared to the < 100k left in most nexon games. (Pulled that number somewhat out of my &amp;#&#33;, but it's also based on my experience of mabi and vindi).

DE doesn't need to win this in any way. For all the forum rage, the game is growing rapidly rather than shedding players. DE could take the same path as League or Dota and not even bother and it would be whatever. So I understand where Nexon is coming from. They're trying to stop the rest of their games being shut down like Dungeon Fighter Online was last year.

At the same time, though, screw nexon, let's win. But let's win fair. Go forth to the region chat my fellow forums tenno. Find those who have not voted and peer pressure them all the way to the polls.

Stop justifying Nexon by saying that we bribe Airmech community to vote for us. We maybe involved in bribery but that doesn't mean Nexon is not a A****** for doing such things. Also, De only indirectly encourage Airmech to vote for us, compare to Nexon who gives rewards directly to players.

It happened regardless

The result was near set in stone no matter what we did

This is like some sort of Hunger Games thing.

We are all scrambling to get sponsers.

But we don't want them.

But we want them.

But we don't.

We are a strong community, coming out of the gates. Even if we lose, we can still pat ourselves on the back and say we did our best. Help or no help, we are pretty solid if we aren't fighting or bickering on these forums.

Though, I truly want to see what happens when all the clans and active players of Warframe were to unite under one force.

They're still going to give airmech Direct Rights to use warframe props in their game. Again, Only If We Win.

It's only going to happen: IF WE WIN.

Otherwise Airmech would of never gotten involved. Mabi wouldn't call for its whole parent company, carbon james doesn't pass go, carbon james doesnt collect 200$