Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

I find it hilarious that the poll is so dead even.  That being said, this tournament is utterly and completely meaningless.  I mean, come on.  Dota 2 lost on round 1 to a Korean game from 2002.  I don't even play Dota 2, but that's really suspicious. 

On the matter of Warframe vs Vindictus, I have a few thoughts.  From little I've seen and played of Vindictus, it has a largely superior gameplay design compared to Warframe.  However, Warframe has a better aesthetic, lore, and customer service system (oh Nexon, what would we do without you). 

Bad Customer service and development regardless of a good game or not causes a community to flop and leave. 

I think you're dead wrong on that one.  A community can work around terrible service so long as the game itself is good.  But if the game is terrible, no amount of good customer service will save it.  Videogamers are loyal, but also fickle.  While that might seem like a contradiction, it actually isn't.  Gamers will defend their favorite videogames vocally and emphatically, right up until something better comes along.  Then they'll migrate to the better game and continue the cycle.  Franchises (such as Dark Souls, Minecraft, etc.) have a hardcore following because they provide the best strain of a certain unique product, and for absolutely no other reason. 

I find it hilarious that the poll is so dead even.  That being said, this tournament is utterly and completely meaningless.  I mean, come on.  Dota 2 lost on round 1 to a Korean game from 2002.  I don't even play Dota 2, but that's really suspicious. 

Y'gotta keep in mind that Ragnarok is a classic. It holds a -ton- of nostalgia for a lot of people.

On the matter of Warframe vs Vindictus, I have a few thoughts.  From little I've seen and played of Vindictus, it has a largely superior gameplay design compared to Warframe.  However, Warframe has a better aesthetic, lore, and customer service system (oh Nexon, what would we do without you). 

I think you're dead wrong on that one.  A community can work around terrible service so long as the game itself is good.  But if the game is terrible, no amount of good customer service will save it.  Videogamers are loyal, but also fickle.  While that might seem like a contradiction, it actually isn't.  Gamers will defend their favorite videogames vocally and emphatically, right up until something better comes along.  Then they'll migrate to the better game and continue the cycle.  Franchises (such as Dark Souls, Minecraft, etc.) have a hardcore following because they provide the best strain of a certain unique product, and for absolutely no other reason. 

Glad someone else gets me on this whole poll on dota 2 and vindi vs warframe. The dota 2 part where I personally think people just don't care on the Dota 2 forums or the word didn't get out due to lack of caring.

Did I miss something, how did the Vindictus guys cheat?

http://vindictus.nexon.net/Community/#%2Fshowthread.php%3F1118628-Vote-for-Vindictus!%26nxid%3D15

You can read the whole thread if you want. Basically they are getting people from other Nexon games to vote (I don't think this is bad, read below). Somewhere around there too you will find a couple of posts of people literally cheating. They claim to have voted over 20 and over 100 times (probably exagerating, but still), changing their IP to vote again and what not and even telling others how to do it.

I don't know, after reading all those posts I saw major discontent in Vincictus, not because of the game itself, but due to the way it is handled by Nexon. Even Nexon got some fire on their FaceBook post promoting the poll and pretty much the posts really supporting it are mostly the same small group of people. It is hard to see how they got so many votes considering all that, even assuming about half the people voting are not linked directly to the game (random people from the internet who found the poll, etc). 

You can find links to funny posts and pics on this very post (the WarFrame post) where they tried to convince Dragon Nest people and failed at it, links to the FB funny comments, to the cheating post, etc. You will have to dive into the 18+ pages of responses here though, they merged a lot in here.

Fishy? Hell yes. 

Cheating? Probably. No way to prove it besides taking seriously those people claiming to vote multiple times.

Note. I don't see the problem with asking for support to other people. It is not like the poll is restricted to the people who play the game. It is really a poll of which game you think is better. But getting votes simply because "You helped us beat LotRO, so you have my vote... even though I don't know either game" is not something I would call fair.

Succubus <3

But hey, Vindictus becomes boring way faster than Warframe T_T

warframe is still new if u will compare it with vindictus .. it is a fail poll anyway .. sorry but i fall in love with warframe in all the ways so F*** ALL GAMES

warframe is still new if u will compare it with vindictus .. it is a fail poll anyway .. sorry but i fall in love with warframe in all the ways so F*** ALL GAMES

Why did you quote me ? I got bored of Vindictus ages ago. While I'm still having fun on warframe

Y'gotta keep in mind that Ragnarok is a classic. It holds a -ton- of nostalgia for a lot of people.

More nostalgia than the original Dota?  I find that hard to believe. 

^ I saw your Icon Ganpot and thought _Nuggets was here (That guy scares me with his negative Crap).

I recall enjoying my conversations with him/her.  I think it's because I'm just insanely cynical. *insert evil laugh*

Glad someone else gets me on this whole poll on dota 2 and vindi vs warframe. The dota 2 part where I personally think people just don't care on the Dota 2 forums or the word didn't get out due to lack of caring.

I'm betting the poll didn't give a lot of heads-up time, resulting in very few initial votes.  Regardless, tournaments like this are almost always meaningless.  If MMOBomb wanted to have a more fair tournament to see which F2P MMOs were the best, they should have used satisfaction surveys to determine the average user score of each game, and then compared those (and possibly compared across different areas, such as customer service and balance). 

http://vindictus.nexon.net/Community/#%2Fshowthread.php%3F1118628-Vote-for-Vindictus!%26nxid%3D15

You can read the whole thread if you want. Basically they are getting people from other Nexon games to vote (I don't think this is bad, read below). Somewhere around there too you will find a couple of posts of people literally cheating. They claim to have voted over 20 and over 100 times (probably exagerating, but still), changing their IP to vote again and what not and even telling others how to do it.

I don't know, after reading all those posts I saw major discontent in Vincictus, not because of the game itself, but due to the way it is handled by Nexon. Even Nexon got some fire on their FaceBook post promoting the poll and pretty much the posts really supporting it are mostly the same small group of people. It is hard to see how they got so many votes considering all that, even assuming about half the people voting are not linked directly to the game (random people from the internet who found the poll, etc). 

You can find links to funny posts and pics on this very post (the WarFrame post) where they tried to convince Dragon Nest people and failed at it, links to the FB funny comments, to the cheating post, etc. You will have to dive into the 18+ pages of responses here though, they merged a lot in here.

Fishy? Hell yes. 

Cheating? Probably. No way to prove it besides taking seriously those people claiming to vote multiple times.

Note. I don't see the problem with asking for support to other people. It is not like the poll is restricted to the people who play the game. It is really a poll of which game you think is better. But getting votes simply because "You helped us beat LotRO, so you have my vote... even though I don't know either game" is not something I would call fair.

^ ^ ^ ^

This

DE'S one chance to have A epic boss fight came with lehphantis and he is a joke

indeed the stalker melee dual was far more epic back when we had the quick thinking, rage combo before nerf.

Edited by Arlayn

THERE NEEDS TO BE INGAME INVITATION TO VOTE FOR WARFRAME. like NAOOW!!!!!!!!

And I think we should not be afraid to use proxies when they are doing it so much.

Edited by Aure7

Fishy? Hell yes. 

Still, the fact that we came close and we're still in "open beta" proves how awesome Warframe is and that Vindictus would go to these extreme kind of lows to get some help from other games. I agree with everything you posted, that's full of yes. It's just really stupid for Vindi to do that considering we're not even out of beta yet, just proves that if we were, we would've beat them in a heartbeat. (Unless Vindi is not part of Nexon anymore and does not become much of a P2W game and they fix everything wrong with their servers. If this happens, Vindi would probably be one of the top best MMO's in history.)

DE'S one chance to have A epic boss fight came with lehphantis and he is a joke

Granted he was their first try at a large boss fight. Practice makes perfect, and they will rework him eventually.

They are indeed getting better at bosses in general. I mean, just look at the Hyena pack. <3

The Vey Hek rework will be their second attempt as at a large, epic boss battle. We will essentially be fighting a Metal Gear Ray with a giant shotgun and cannon that shoots propaganda machines. (Gotta get that surround sound battle theme while you lay a smack down. Know what I'm sayin'?)

It's supposedly going to the first elder game type boss too, so let's hope it's sick.