Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Faction: Crystaline Beings + New Weapons And Items

MetaMortred

My greats idea yet - if implemented its gonna blow the game sky high. This can make the game just super awesome, and after reading this you will also feel the super excitement I am feeling right now.

Introduction

The new faction I have in mind are a group of extraterestial life forms that are basically floating crystals, this may not sound as much at first but they are kite shaped and have hands, just like the below picture - however their main color varies from green, blue and orange depending on the type, and they have black (rock) impurities on them.

They float and they attack using enegy bolts and sometimes beams that hit the player similar to how the player in a similar fashion that the sentinels do. When you kill them they shatter using Nvidea destruction physics and fall down on the floor like a pile of rubble. This is important - there are different crystalin creatures.

6184619488_6161c20f53.jpg

Enemy Types

The crystalines look like the above image, however they have color black impurities on their surface. Thier Size varies from small (same as a moa walker) to medium (Heavy Grineer) and Big (Jackal).

To get a clear idea of how they look like, look at the above image. More or less what I have in mind. More crustals, and no hands maybe?

The Crystaline Roamers are green that equal in strength of a walker moa. When they die they shatter.

The Crystaline Absorber are gold/orange colored versions that absorb the rubble left behind by the roamers and become bigger and stronger. When swarmed by a group the Absorbers should be dispatched first before they become impossible to kill.

The Crystaline Devourer are Red colored crystals that shoot a constant red beam at a target and reduce their shields at a fast rate. very difficult to kill but their weakness is that when they are attacking they stand completely still and are vulnarable.

Boss Battles

The crystaline bosses can look huge and like the Outworld Devourer in Dota, however there will be no skin involved, it would be fully green and black like the above image.

Level Design

The Levels are crystal like caves, however that is not all they also invade ships and infect technology - as infested infect flesh, teh crystaline infect technology. Their main home world is crystal asteroids.

800px-SR-interior-Azura%27s_Star_Realm.jpg

This is the level in its purest form, however its not that only. It also does include similar infections on corpus ships and grineer ships. They however unlike infestation make the place brighter than usual.

Weapons and Items

My first and greatest suggestion is to remove the potatoes (Orikin Catalys/Reactor) and replace it with Crystaline Matter which come in blue and yellow. Why? well if the potatoes are to super charge a weapon then why arent the tenno based weaponry created supercharged in the in the first place? they discovered the technology so the weapons they make should come with this on default right? I believe that the super charging of weapons should be something that only tenno can do with the aid of extraterrestial material not found on the solar system. This would give supercharging sense.

Also, the addition of crystaline weapons can be three types:

Crystaline Shard weapons - weapons that shoot shard like boltor bolts, but the difference is that when they hit they break and do a ver y samll aoe damage.

Crystaline beam weapons - weapons that shoot concentrated beam of light at enemies.

--- this idea is still in developement - I will add more as I get to polish this thread based on your ideas and feedback. ---

Cant wait to hear what you have to say about this, I really hope they consider this.

Edited by TheNexusCloud

Good idea for a Faction :P

Boss Battles

The Levels are crystal like caves, however that is not all they also invade ships and infect technology - as infested infect flesh, teh crystaline infect technology so enemy types such as crystaline shockwave moa is a defnite possibility and boss battles are . . . you guessed it infested jackals.

Level Design

As said earlier they live in crystal asteriods that look like this:

A Boss idea wouldn't look right if it was taking other faction bosses... you don't see the infection stealing Grineer do you?

Something 'Jackal' related would be a Queen or King Crystalized Humanoid/Mech that has fully evolved and when you head to it, Lotus meantions to be careful because of how well it evolved over time.

btw... no pictures anywhere :(

As I look at this though... a crystal related Warframe would be epic to have drop from this kind of fight.

I enjoy shooting humanoid things more than just spheres or crystals.

Agreed, perhaps the crystals could manifest themselves in a bipedal form? (In the sense that the legs are made from the crystals themselves.)

Edited by Geosmith

Might need more humanoid looking enemies... color code can go with it but having to shoot small crystals might be a little annoying if it's the only thing lol

These smaller ones might be a small relation to the Ospreys, but with a different variation in them. Good idea.

Btw... that map idea of yours in the picture reminds me of Skyrim's quest with Azura's Star XD

Good idea for a Faction :P

A Boss idea wouldn't look right if it was taking other faction bosses... you don't see the infection stealing Grineer do you?

Something 'Jackal' related would be a Queen or King Crystalized Humanoid/Mech that has fully evolved and when you head to it, Lotus meantions to be careful because of how well it evolved over time.

but . . . the golem is a corpus crewmen and phorid is a grineer morphed (you can grineeer head between his legs).

I enjoy shooting humanoid things more than just spheres or crystals.

Might need more humanoid looking enemies... color code can go with it but having to shoot small crystals might be a little annoying if it's the only thing lol

These smaller ones might be a small relation to the Ospreys, but with a different variation in them. Good idea.

Btw... that map idea of yours in the picture reminds me of Skyrim's quest with Azura's Star XD

But they can be humanoid. The can more or less look like a modified version of this:

256px-Frost_Atronach.png

Edited by TheNexusCloud

i'm sorry, but I dont see a crystal race fitting into this game, at least not as primitive as you show them.

my feedback is:

Instead of a tech-infection race, make them and inteligent race who came from another system to join the fight or make them a liquid race (inteligent) whos technology is based on crystal, so they'd be basically a crystal robot with liquid "blood" that's actually the alien your killing, plus if they are liquid, they can also control non-crystal technology, as corppus moas, just like you're suggesting.

:D

i'm sorry, but I dont see a crystal race fitting into this game, at least not as primitive as you show them.

my feedback is:

Instead of a tech-infection race, make them and inteligent race who came from another system to join the fight or make them a liquid race (inteligent) whos technology is based on crystal, so they'd be basically a crystal robot with liquid "blood" that's actually the alien your killing, plus if they are liquid, they can also control non-crystal technology, as corppus moas, just like you're suggesting.

:D

Good good, the idea is evolving. See if you can find some screens somewhere that can convey your idea just like i did with skyrimg and dota :D

Edit: How about this . . . more like black metal and crystal fusion?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558707974573008262/9F29E07EDD1451A2CF75B4AAB77C397B6D08E3CB/

Edited by TheNexusCloud

The more I read this... I keep thinking a Tenno using crystalized matter as a ability :L

Whats next? Tenno eating plants and space flying sharks?HA HA Nex XD

Don't jinx it! DE might actually do it with a grassland planet :P

They already made a snow map, don't encourage them to do a Jungle one too.

Someone's been playing dark souls =)

Unfortunately i do not own the game and never played it but if you have and you know a crystal monster type, please share the pic here. i would appreciate the insight.

Whats next? Tenno eating plants and space flying sharks?HA HA Nex XD

Tenno eating plants? that is an awsome idea!! no really! that can actually be a good adition to the infested - ill make a thread about it - actually just did:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/19319-flesh-eating-infested-plantstentacles/

and flying shark? . . . how about flying infested sharks!!! brilliant!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/19324-flying-infested-enemies/

Ideas from Skyrim...

well not all of them . . . right now they are mixed, from various sources but the leve is from skyim, the enemy from dota.

• 3 weeks later...