The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, De: Stop Releasing Updates Near To Midnight

Haiova

You think the people working on these updates want to stay at work til midnight? Nope. But we want to iron out as many bumps as we can before we ship. Sometimes this requires us to put in some extra effort and time.

Well, Rhinofish has spoken.

Seriously, nobody's telling you to stay up for the update. It's always waiting for me when I get home from 6th Form.

@1P:

Tell yourself that updates are available on thurdays in the morning.
And be grateful to DE staff who work hard and late in the night for doing all the fixes right.

Like this, when luckily updates comes early on wednesdays, you can feel happy. The rest of the time, you'll be okay with thursday morning checks.

DE,
I really don't mind if you take an extra day or two to give us updates, and I'm sure a lot of other players agree.  We love you the same, and although it's nice to have hump-day updates, I think it's better for you to release the updates when you feel they are ready.

Also, we all need sleep, you included.  Take some off, then release.

Sincerely,

Sad and the Bros.

alright, i have an idea. 

if you don't like Updates being released so late, we can release them earlier, so that Europe doesn't get Updates 'later' than America.

wait a second... right... time is the same everywhere in the universe. so earlier Timezones would also move earlier.

if you want to have an Update 'first', move to Hawaii. 

it's released globally at the same time though, so you aren't actually getting it 'first'. it's just earlier on the clock.

this thread leaves me dumbfounded. it makes no sense at all. 

edit:

honestly, it's almost like the Grand Master badge attracts durp. 

Edited by taiiat

DE,

I really don't mind if you take an extra day or two to give us updates, and I'm sure a lot of other players agree.  We love you the same,

Sadly there's more into it than our love for them, starting with taking pride in doing your job right and in due time, financial and marketing issues, deadlines etc etc.

Try to ask them why they chose wednesdays and not thursdays or any other day.

I'm happy they don't just postpone it.  The fact that they work to get it out, that they don't shove it out in an unhealthy state, is a very good thing.  If it comes out at midnight the only alternative would be a greater delay.  At least you can wake up to the update, they'll be witnessing it first hand.

Sadly there's more into it than our love for them, starting with taking pride in doing your job right and in due time, financial and marketing issues, deadlines etc etc.

They used to do it on Fridays I think, they said a long time back why they switched.  It was something like Wednesday gives them extra days to release hotfixes and stuff if something goes wrong with the update, because they don't want to have to call everyone back into the office on a weekend if unforseen problems arise.

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

You think the people working on these updates want to stay at work til midnight? Nope. But we want to iron out as many bumps as we can before we ship. Sometimes this requires us to put in some extra effort and time.

Do you not get paid sweet, sweet overtime?

Midnight for you may be morning or afternoon for me. Whatever time they release an update someone somewhere will feel shafted.

No they keep releasing updates around midnight there time. I'm in the same time zone and it often ends up being after 10 because they end up rushing to get things done last minute.

THE RHINO CARP HAS SPOKEN.

I need to buy you that iron like building from FLCL, then all the bumps will be gone.

Fridays were even worse! :s Warframe build sez: "Oh, something snuck into the build and into the update you released Friday night? Welp, you didn't wanna do anything this weekend anyway right?"

Would be nice if DE could release the update like 2 hours earlier, so us Europeans don't need to stay up till 2 AM

You do not 'have' to stay up to 2 AM, you 'choose' to stay up.

While i do understand this can be frustrating, i would rather have a late release than a buggy release.