Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Loki To 150 Base Health And Shields

Kamal965

Sprint speed hardly effects any gameplay if any at all, adding more health and shields will effect gameplay and gives more power to a frame. How stupid do you have to be to believe that rhino's sprint speed is gamebreaking and makes him completely op.

And if you really want to see how "op" your rhino is try going to endless survival/defense where mobs hit lvl100+ then tell me how much better his iron skin and 1k+ shields/health are compared to loki's invisibility/radial disarm and 500- shields/health

Hmmm... so let's say the squishy Loki had 1.0 sprint speed. It wouldn't affect him at all?

No it wouldn't because the difference in the sprint speeds is hardly noticeable and if you really think the sprint speed of your frame is whats causing you to play horrible l2p zorencopter cause then you can create no excuse for you being too slow or other being too fast

I seem to notice it though... it's very noticeable. The main thing I notice about higher sprint speed is that you tend to move faster. Astounding, I know. It's kinda convenient too.

You might have a point though... moving too fast causes me to play horribly.. things get all blurry. So I propose the change to all frames in the game to 1.0 sprint speed and removing all speed increases including mods. If it doesn't matter so we might as well remove it altogether and if it does it's better to play it safe anyway.

Edited by LocoWithGun

The amount of flawed reasoning is astounding.

Rhino OP.

Solution: Buff Loki

Envy much?

"Seriously, though, nerfing Rhino Prime is a better option. And easier, too."

No it wouldn't because the difference in the sprint speeds is hardly noticeable and if you really think the sprint speed of your frame is whats causing you to play horrible l2p zorencopter cause then you can create no excuse for you being too slow or other being too fast

I'd respond to you, but I'm afraid of getting warned.

The amount of flawed reasoning is astounding.

Rhino OP.

Solution: Buff Loki

Envy much?

So you're saying that Rhino OP. Solution: Nerf Rhino would be better?

You said it, not me.

*yells* "THERE'S A GUY THAT WANTS RHINO NERFED HERE! GET HIM!"

Just buff Loki's speed is all, it's defenses don't need much, make it 1.5, should be fast enough.

Warframe speed was already normalized once in the past to keep issues with the game from appearing. Loki used to be 1.6 but that created issues with movement in the engine. they were all normalized then to between 0.9 and 1.25. it also reduced the Disparity between the frames so there would be advantages, but not ones that were so large that it was like playing a different game. 

Is it that hard to come up with anything debatable to my argument of why loki does not need a buff?

If so then obviously he doesn't need one ;p

And if your main point of this thread was about rhino's speed then make a new thread titled around discussing why you think his speed is op rather than create threads like this that throw out "options" you think the dev's have to take now cause I guarantee you threads like these will do nothing

So you're saying that Rhino OP. Solution: Nerf Rhino would be better?

You said it, not me.

*yells* "THERE'S A GUY THAT WANTS RHINO NERFED HERE! GET HIM!"

Take all my +1s.

Warframe speed was already normalized once in the past to keep issues with the game from appearing. Loki used to be 1.6 but that created issues with movement in the engine. they were all normalized then to between 0.9 and 1.25. it also reduced the Disparity between the frames so there would be advantages, but not ones that were so large that it was like playing a different game. 

^ This is why I don't want Loki to have his speed buffed even further.

Is it that hard to come up with anything debatable to my argument of why loki does not need a buff?

If so then obviously he doesn't need one ;p

And if your main point of this thread was about rhino's speed then make a new thread titled around discussing why you think his speed is op rather than create threads like this that throw out "options" you think the dev's have to take now cause I guarantee you threads like these will do nothing

No, I just don't want to insult you.

Your argument is lacking. His speed is what allows me to run around with Shield Flux on instead of Redirection in level 50+ Grineer (aka hitscan) missions. Speed does play a large factor in everything - the speed of your casting, the speed of your weapon's fire rate, and the speed of your warframe isn't any different.

Measuring Loki by level 100+ survivals isn't how you balance things, as that isn't real end game, even if you're proving to me even further Loki is the master race. Level 40-50 is the real end game, everything else is people just pushing their bladder and masochism 

So if speed is the factor you believe is game changing then why are u asking for more hp/shields rather than a speed buff? I honestly think you have no idea what your talking about all you want is to see a nerf to rhino which is a little pathetic lol 

So if speed is the factor you believe is game changing then why are u asking for more hp/shields rather than a speed buff? I honestly think you have no idea what your talking about all you want is to see a nerf to rhino which is a little pathetic lol 

He is basically asking for Rhino Prime to be taken down a notch.

Even dropping his Sprint speed to 0.95, he is still plenty fast (beating ash and Zephyr) with Vanguard and narrowly slower than Nova by 0.02.

Not asking for a Rhino nerf :p

Edited by fatpig84

He is basically asking for Rhino Prime to be taken down a notch.

Even dropping his Sprint speed to 0.95, he is still plenty fast (beating ash and Zephyr) with Vanguard and narrowly slower than Nova by 0.02.

Not asking for a Rhino nerf :p

Just asking for Balance.

Greedy Milk team win,except for Frost atm.

I know very well what I'm talking about, and I'm posting it in just the way to attract attention. You're just being dense to the entire point of this thread.

Since you don't understand (again), then here: What's the general reaction someone gets when they ask for a nerf of an OP, popular item? "Don't nerf it, buff everything else." - Well, there you go; buff everything else.

Unless you're willing to admit just how ridiculous the prospect of buffing everything is. In that case, nerf Rhino Prime's speed.

Ash: *crying in a corner*

People picked Loki even when Ash have higher shield/health than him, now you making Loki having higher shield and same health as Ash? 

I might be the only one that would use ash over a loki do to his sneaking skill giving temp melee atk bonuses and his 4 where he teleports around stabbing people. I can't stand loki or some of the people that uses him, because so many times I had people teleport me right before i pick up something, and  thinks it funny to just teleport you out of the blue.

Edited by genclaymore

I might be the only one that would use ash over a loki do to his sneaking skill giving temp melee atk bonuses and his 4 where he teleports around stabbing people. I can't stand loki or some of the people that uses him, because so many times I had people teleport me right before i pick up something, and  thinks it funny to just teleport you out of the blue.

This thread isn't about Ash vs. Loki, please stay on topic.

Ahh I see, speed is not game-changing so there's no need to balance it.

When you think about it, there are a number of non-game changing things that Rhino Prime doesn't do better than other frames. Those should all be brought up to the level of his speed.

Jump height? Buff Needed.

Slide length? Buff Needed.

Copter Length? Buff Needed.

Stamina recharge? Buff needed.

Can we also turn his volume up and make his model larger?