Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"robbing" Key Defence Drops. This Needs To Be Fixed.

Rarnd

Hi all.

I just had a good 45 mins of my life stolen from me. Not in the greatest of moods, but I'll try to keep it civil.

I was helping some guys do an ODD with Vauban to keep them all together with Vortex. I was getting bored (Vortex > Rhino Stomp, repeat until bored) but we were getting really nice drops (for me, anyway; sicarus BP, ember prime BP, etc.). I used bounce a few times to entertain myself while my teammates were pressing 4 to win, and they started to get into a fit about them stepping on my bounces.

They told me to stop, I tried to do my bounce-party out of the way but they kept raging. I was not throwing bounces on them, I was not throwing bounces at spawns, I was not using Bastille at spawns. I was entertaining myself.

Next exit came up, we all clicked battle. Then the host and (I presume) his buddy switch to Exit at THE LAST SECOND.

It then said "Host migration in progress..."

Kicked to lobby.

I have no loot.

I have no blueprints.

I have no exp.

I have no credits.

....Can we please have a safeguard against this? I just lost a good 45 mins of my time because they decided to do a major douchebag move. Those BPs were for a friend as well and I've been farming for them for a while, so having them "robbed" from me is a real kick to the jewels.

EDIT: Rage-induced confusion. I remember now that I wouldn't have gotten the rewards (confused with survival); the point is that every wave had had a blueprint or blueprint part or something. They were good rewards throughout. Chances are, next wave would have had a good one. The one they ninja-left on was probably the worst reward seen. The point remains.

Thread over. Thank you for letting me know that the League of Legends community has infested this game.

Crying shame. Lock it. Flame will no doubt ensue. 

Edited by Rarnd

You don't know that. He could have managed for another 5 rounds then left of his own accord.

If he made it another 5 rounds he still would have only got 1 reward, which would be whatever one it offered him at the end of those 5 rounds.  Any rewards that his group skipped in favour of continuing the mission were already long gone as soon as they skipped them.

No he is talking about all the previous bps.

He wouldn't get them even if he did finish.

I realise that, I was just saying that we were getting nice drops (aka not common mods nonstop, every wave was a BP or a part)

Rage confused me.

Edited by Rarnd

Your team said quit putting out bounce pads, and you kept doing it.

Karma then bit you in the &#! as your computer didn't recover after the host migrated... Or... DE has it in place where (since it's a key mission) the host has to be in the mission in order for it to continue.

1. Don't be an &#!. If your team mates say don't do something, respect it.

2. DE needs to only allow the host to pick stay/leave if they are going to keep key missions the same as they are now.

You don't know that. He could have managed for another 5 rounds then left of his own accord.

Not quite.

I'm sure you've already learned why by now.

I realise that, I was just saying that we were getting nice drops (aka not common mods nonstop, every wave was a BP or a part)

Doesn't matter what you get "every wave" if you skip those rewards.

Anyways, I recognize your loss of experience/mods/resources. I myself have been disconnected from 30m+ survivals without my progress being saved.

Still, this isn't a problem specifically with those players.

This is a problem with the sketchy disconnection and host migration service.

Karma then bit you in the &#! as your computer didn't recover after the host migrated... Or... DE has it in place where (since it's a key mission) the host has to be in the mission in order for it to continue.

Untrue.

The key is consumed whether or not the players leave at the same time.

There's no reason for the mission to abort if the host has left.

(Even if that were the case, players would [should] auto-leave with the host anyways, and he would not have lost his pickups.)

Edited by Knaimhe

Your team said quit putting out bounce pads, and you kept doing it.

1. Don't be an &#!. If your team mates say don't do something, respect it.

2. DE needs to only allow the host to pick stay/leave if they are going to keep key missions the same as they are now.

If you think this game should involve you kissing &#! and obeying teammates when they tell you to stop enjoying yourself, you need to stop playing games that involve communicating with others. I wasn't being an &#!. Being an &#! would have been throwing bounces on them or being intentionally a $&*^.

All I was doing was using bounce on the EXTERIOR of the battlefield area. I kept my vortex down in the middle, I wasn't even bothering them. They obviously thought seeing me jumping around was anti-fun.

Yeah, I know that story.

Your team asked you nicely to stop doing certain thing (and yes, stupid bouncing Ronald McDonald during the match is rather annoying and distracting). You decide to not give a F***. You've been asked again, not-so-nicely this time. You decide to continue. Then your team just leave you "entertain yourself". You decide to go cry on the forums.

You acted as a spoiled child, they gave you their childish avenge. 1:1, match over.

Edited by Khranitel

There is also a new trend.. some people (hosts) are farming for a specific item and then if they don't get it they simply leave in the middle of a wave to not waste the key, only they don't warn you about it. But then you loose the rewards and rest...

Personally I use bounce every where I could care less what people think or say Piss off if youc an spam 4 for the rest of your life go ahead don't *@##$ at me when I wanna press  2. its a @(*()$ power get over them A******s and spam bounce as much as you like man, if it makes you laugh amuses you go at it!!!

msg me we can do a full on Bounce party hehe

If you think this game should involve you kissing &#! and obeying teammates when they tell you to stop enjoying yourself, you need to stop playing games that involve communicating with others. I wasn't being an &#!.

I don't think this game should involve kissing &#!. However, since none of us were there, we can only assume what happened.

However however, you got real defensive and didn't respond to the helpful part of my post, so my suspicion has increased.

However however however, like I said before, the system in place to prevent people from duplicating keys by host migration can also be exploited in defense missions as you have just found out.

That's the only part of your situation that needs to be addressed.

I'm more bummed about the credits, resources and mods I lost.

I need SO many plastids.

I lost SO MANY PLASTIDS.

The resource and resource drop chance boosters are amazing. I got a 50% off plat coupon, bought 75 plat for $2.50, and then bought both boosters with that plat. So many yummy nummy resources. Would recommend.

I'm basically set to build anything and everything for a good while just from those three days of boosters. Totally worth the price of a few packs of gum.

Edited by AprilFools

I agree with the fact that it shouldn't be possible to switch at the last second, it should be substituted with some other mechanic which can not be abused to grief or something alike.

However, i am not in any of the sides, not sided with the OP and not sided with the team that did that to you. 

I believe that each squad/team that is deployed to an certain mission, should act as such, an team. Not individual a**h**les.

Dear Op you were a guest in anothers mission think about that please.

That said as the game is not running entirely stable on my PC I know quiet well how terribly annoying it is to play fine match, be looking forward to the loot only to end with nothing.

Fix please.

I think every one needs too leave this thread alone OP already said shut up they don't care any more.

Op used his "power" like every one does what the power 'does' should not bother any one no more then when nova or rhino uses there ultimate

and kills everything in in view. just because "bounce" is annoying to some doesn't make it useless or stupid, it is a power as annoying as any other.

before complaining about ones use of there powers think of how annoying yours in.

OP was bored because all he was USED for was containing the faction in vortex or bestial.

Why not use bounce? and with Bounce it is much EASIER too one "spam" it takes less energy

and if it 'really' annoyed them they could of stepped into one of the four tall walls that can be easily climbed.

I think every one needs too leave this thread alone OP already said shut up they don't care any more.

Op used his "power" like every one does what the power 'does' should not bother any one no more then when nova or rhino uses there ultimate

and kills everything in in view. just because "bounce" is annoying to some doesn't make it useless or stupid, it is a power as annoying as any other.

before complaining about ones use of there powers think of how annoying yours in.

OP was bored because all he was USED for was containing the faction in vortex or bestial.

Why not use bounce? and with Bounce it is much EASIER too one "spam" it takes less energy

and if it 'really' annoyed them they could of stepped into one of the four tall walls that can be easily climbed.

What a shallow and one-sided argument.

You conveniently neglect the fact that the OP was asked to stop by his entire group.

Additionally, your proposition that the other players should "[climb] [onto] one of the four tall [pillars] that can be easily climbed" is complete bullS#&$, because that unfairly limits their gameplay.

Interesting, isn't it, that you make this argument after saying "I think every one needs too [sic] leave this thread alone"?