Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Way To Make Platinum Through Trade?

Yazeth

Question

I basically need the platinum to get more weapon and warframe slots, but I don't have the cash to spare. I'm planning to trade Formas soon, but I don't know their worth. I am also not sure about the cost of parts of Prime gear and the fully built Prime gear. Can anyone give me a guideline to trading for platinum?

0 answers to this question

You can't trade Formas nor built items, only parts and BPs of Prime items (+mods and keys).

I'm not sure about a guideline since many people have different prices for things. I guess you can try looking at some of the trading topics around, while ignoring those who keep asking to give an offer.

I say farm mods, don't be so attached to many.

All that glitters is not gold. May be to you, not to all.

With that aside, just sell mods and be wary that prime parts such as the paris prime, Rhino prime, and the newer prime weapons are more valuable than a LP.

step 1- get rare mods/ parts

step 2- sell rare mods/parts (hopefully to someone with more cash then brains) 

Step 2 brackets is rude- we have to be thankful that people help the game by buying platinum and most of them have way better jobs than some of us. But yeh, just obtain rare things and sell them.

Thanks for the reviews guys. I'll go check other people's prices on the current prime parts, mods, and such during my free time. I guess I'll do some Void farming and get some prime parts. Rhino Prime parts are probably selling for really high prices right now. I'm in need of rare mods and upgrading my mods, so not gonna trade those just yet.

Exploitation, lying and thievery are the easiest, but hardwork, education and fairness are usually better for your soul.

I'm not the kind of guy that likes to ruin other people's fun. Don't worry, I won't be a crook. :)

Start by selling rare-ish mods (things like some nightmare mods, Streamline, etc) for a lower price. You will sell more often and make more collateral.

Once you have been playing for longer, you will amass many rare5s and t3 keys; these can be sold for about 3p each and can quickly make a good sale if you find a good buyer. 

Then you will occasionally have a spare mod which is actually rare which you can sell for around 20p. These are great as one off things but not as sustainable as...

Simply trawling the trade chat and making offers to people who are looking to buy specific mods. No one wants to read some guy's huge list of mods they are selling, it may as well be spam. Just make people an offer when they want to BUY. You will not get a sale sometimes but if you are good with your pricings and polite, people will generally be happy to buy from you. 

I have made over 1000 plat from doing these things since I started playing a few months back. 

Maybe not the answer you're looking for as it isn't fast,and you may not have the time but...

I farm mods with my nekros desecrate build,and i max out serrations/hornets/vits and redis,and just sell those for good platinum.

Really don't have the patience for the smaller trades each day(under no illusion though ,they will make more plat and probably faster)i prefer doing a couple of trades once in a while and recieving a big sum.

Edited by zatobsg