The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, I'm Sad. ( The Missed Events Thread )

Nihilum

Missed the entire Tethra event because I was layed up in the hospital for a little over a week after getting drugged at a bar, getting jumped, robbed, thrown into a shallow creek in 32 degree weather while apparently unconcious and left there for 6ish hours until somebody finally heard me groaning/whimpering in agony and called the police... who actually handcuffed me before rolling me over and saying something along the lines of "oh S#&$... blah blah... needs medical attention.. blah blah blah". (beginging stages of hypothermia, sevelery dehydrated, couple of cracked ribs on both sides, head split open, serious concussion, nose cut open from the nostril, fractured fibula and ankle on the left leg, nerve damage in my elbows causing numb fingers [still], lacerations all down my arms, and a serious infection to boot [the reason for the extended stay].)

%7Boption%7Dhttp://imgur.com/kkHbWAG%7Boption%7D

^ true story with pic to avoid shens...  ;*[

I gave one of my roomates my account info, but he was apparently too lazy to do anything -- or tell me he was too lazy to do anything until today. (except, of course, take a highly inapropriate photo of me drooling in a hospital bed in the ER before they moved me into a room... d#&$)

Anyone else have some interesting stories about how and why you missed events? Murphy's law type stuff? General bad luck and that type of ilk? Something to make me feel better?

(sorry if this is in the wrong section)

Inb4 "Giv us strun wriath we desurv it cuz we didnt played the evnt!"

This topic is pretty innocent, but I assure you, not for long. There are lots of people out there, that do not understand the meaning of word event and  prize.

Inb4 "Giv us strun wriath we desurv it cuz we didnt played the evnt!"

This topic is pretty innocent, but I assure you, not for long. There are lots of people out there, that do not understand the meaning of word event and  prize.

You might want to read the OP first before saying this.

You might want to read the OP first before saying this.

I know what OP is talking about. I'm just saying, that people with demanding attitude will appear in this topic sooner or later. Topics like "Missed Event" are like a lamp for the moths...

Missed the entire Tethra event because I was layed up in the hospital for a little over a week after getting drugged at a bar, getting jumped, robbed, thrown into a shallow creek in 32 degree weather while apparently unconcious and left there for 6ish hours until somebody finally heard me groaning/whimpering in agony and called the police... who actually handcuffed me before rolling me over and saying something along the lines of "oh S#&$... blah blah... needs medical attention.. blah blah blah". (beginging stages of hypothermia, sevelery dehydrated, couple of cracked ribs on both sides, head split open, serious concussion, nose cut open from the nostril, fractured fibula and ankle on the left leg, nerve damage in my elbows causing numb fingers [still], lacerations all down my arms, and a serious infection to boot [the reason for the extended stay].)

%7Boption%7Dhttp://imgur.com/kkHbWAG%7Boption%7D

^ true story with pic to avoid shens...  ;*[

I gave one of my roomates my account info, but he was apparently too lazy to do anything -- or tell me he was too lazy to do anything until today. (except, of course, take a highly inapropriate photo of me drooling in a hospital bed in the ER before they moved me into a room... d#&$)

Anyone else have some interesting stories about how and why you missed events? Murphy's law type stuff? General bad luck and that type of ilk? Something to make me feel better?

(sorry if this is in the wrong section)

Gets drugged, jumped, robbed, thrown into a creek, hospitalized for a week due to having gotten rather completely f*cked up in every way imaginable.

Survives...

... and then worries about missing the Warframe Event.

Holy sh*t mate... I don't know whether your priorities are not quite straight, or you're just that badass of a gamer. I can imagine though, after everything you went through, missing the event probably feels like the icing on the sh*ttiest of cakes.

Don't worry too much, the event was rather simple, the rewards are not even that good, and most will be available again after a while. For now concentrate on getting better. Best wishes!

@Nihilum...  Man I'm sorry that happened to you.  While you may have missed out on the Gorgon Wraith, the developers very carefully didn't write that it's going to be an exclusive (which I assume is their new policy going forward), and like the Ammo Mutation mods, I'm sure these mods and the cicero mods will show up later on.

People are in fact selling the mods over trading too, so there's that option.

I hope you get better soon, and wish you the best of luck with a speedy recovery.

It's not our fault that you are in hospital because you took drugs.

Well looks like someone can't read, and back on topic, sorry about the loss of event, but hey like everyone else, at least your alive and back on your feet, and that photo might atleast bring back some laughs when your older ._.

Well I had missed brakk because i was in vacation. But dude, are you really living? Or in a zombie state?

well... the clothing I was wearing does now double as a zombie costume a la the walking dead. lmfao.

And it is indeed sad that first things I asked were "are my clothes okay" [^No] and "can you log into my warframe account" lmfao, then my friend was like "dude, your head is stapled together -- priorities." I was REALLY out of it.

And yes, my priorities are screwed up; But as they say, Comedy = tragedy + time.

P.s. I don't care about the rewards people.. lol,  just sad I missed everything as it happened in the moment (I mean, I can just go to the wiki and on youtube, but just not the same, ya know; but still no biggy, i'm just here for stories)

Edited by Nihilum

Who says the dude is worrying about the event? He's just asking for other people to post up interesting stories about why they missed events. You guys need to lay off him. You don't need to give him a life lesson about how life's more important than games.

Nihilum, if I could trade you my Gorgon Wraith, I would. I know it's rare, but I'm not gonna use the thing as I'm not into wraith stuff. I'm just glad you're ok after the crap you went through. And yeah, I'd be sad about missing an event too. More sad about the reason I missed it. Hope you get better!