Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Bosses = Insta-Gib

Achronus

Did I get your attention?

GOOD!

Not all the bosses are bad. In fact I certainly LOVE the affinity I get from (in many cases finally) bringing them down.

The Ice boss is neat, protect the minions and keep you out of melee with his friends.

The energy siphon is ok, nothing super special.

The Fire blast boss is really dangerous can knock you down and then him and his buddies can shoot you!

The Life steal... it just annoys me. (I dislike damage that bi-passes shields.)

The Poison one is just, meh.

But the magnetic? GODLY.

I'll say that one again this boss is STUPIDLY powerful.

Not only does it have boss firepower, it has boss HP.

But it's power? frag your HUD, remove ALL energy (isn't that great?) and frag your shields!

That's right it has THREE powers and AND is one tough cookie.

I was just playing a round of Warframe, the level was a measly 15-18 lvl. This is cake for my maxed Zephyr. (I was soloing ok?) I killed the boss of the mission (Jackal) and was on my way out....

DEAD.

The heck? no stalker (I can kill him anyway; even the high level spawn); no Harvester (I have never lost to him, close though); not the three (those guys are nasty)

So what killed me? a lvl 18 Magnetic Elite corpus crewman. What did he do? He SPAWNED! he started in mag range, with a clear line of fire behind me! Pulse, DEAD. that's it; I never saw him until he walked over my corpse (no doubt to gloat). Elapsed time? .5 seconds.

HALF A SECOND!

The Stalker even vs me in my lvl 5 (newly Forma) Banshee still took a few seconds.

This mag boss took down my 1110 shield, my 450 HP, ALL my energy (not that it would have helped as fast as he killed me) and killed me LITERALLY before I could spin to face him.

We already have tons of energy draining badness on the map; mag doorways, energy leech bosses, ancient disruptors, Nightmare mode, do we really need this guy? at level 18 he was already more dangerous than the Stalker and the Harvester COMBINED!

You like insta-gib?

I like a good fight, and the challenge they represent is nice.

That boss is not a challenge. It's murder.

I have seen a lvl 25 Mag *ahem* 'Leader' kill 3 of 4 Tenno... by himself... in 3 seconds. (the Tenno in question were lvl 30 frames too!)

I Personally have more trouble with the fire leaders.  I was using rhino one time, and a level 15 fire leader broke a freshly started iron skin, and destroyed 1050 shields and 400 health in about 3 seconds.  I've never had a magnetic leader kill me though.  Personally I really like the leaders, but some of them could use some changes.

It's only annoying when they are behind a wall and you don't even know they are there until your shields are zapped and energy gone.

QFT. Oh hey, I herd you wanted a challenge, so I put in an enemy that can remove all your abilities and all your shields and it doesn't even need LoS.

Not enough challenge for you? Then I think next time I'll add an enemy that can see through walls and invisibility, and has a hit-scan weapon that ignores shields, deals 10.000 damage, has infinite puncture and 100.0 accuracy.

Edited by Guest

I honestly think they should remove the Mag Leaders and maybe up the spawn chance for Energy Leeches. Those guys at least give you time to notice your energy is going down and allow you to counteract, but the Mag Leader is fairly OP considering the generous range of his disruption field on top of the fact that it goes through walls and floors. Three out of four times I get hit by a Mag Leader it's because they were a floor below me or in the next room. How am I supposed to counteract that?

Mokunen, So you mean a level 50 Stalker Tele-Hating on you?

Already in game; not as bad as the Mag Leader.

Paradoxbomb, the one I encountered is worse; he spawned in range. He did not exist prior to his instantaneous pulse on spawn.

Countering the though doors and walls thing would be simple (not pulsing through walls/doors). But how do you stop "poof your energy is gone and I am drilling your head with a 'leader' caliber death ray"?

Perhaps... Make the Mag leader frail? and rare?

You know a leader who is weak but very disrupting? (Ancient Pun!)

Edited by Achronus

QFT. Oh hey, I herd you wanted a challenge, so I put in an enemy that can remove all your abilities and all your shields and it doesn't even need LoS.

Next up a leader with radial disarm, so you're stuck using meele for the rest of the mission.

Edited by Shackram

someone asked DE for sum "challenge" well, they got what they wanted, i, for one, like this kind of things

challenge doesn't equal an enemy that can instantly turn off your Shields and Energy for 5-6 Seconds if you accidentally get within range of the Enemy for 0.001ms. none of the other Leaders are anywhere near the opposite of challenge as that Leader type is.

the effects are acceptable, but all of them instantaneously makes little to no sense compared to all of the others.

now, if walking in range would start well, Magnetizing you, and after a second or so your Shields were turned off, and another second or two your Energy was drained, and if you stayed in radius would stay in that state permanently, that's a different story.

other Leaders operate on that type of basis, so why not that one too.

I Personally have more trouble with the fire leaders.

i definitely don't like the huge Fire Explosions. they - most importantly to me - look very bad since it takes an effect designed for X size and scales it to many times that, they hit a very large area, but i never really have an idea how large of an area until it stops. 

though, it'd be less of an issue if the fire effect wasn't complete occlusion to anything that's 'inside' it though... as that's annoying. it effectively halts combat for several seconds unless i feel like spraying in the general direction hoping i kill it.

Mokunen, So you mean a level 50 Stalker Tele-Hating on you?

Already in game; not as bad as the Mag Leader.

I dunno, haven't seen the Stalker since last year. Did they buff him? I never had any problem beating that wimp, because at least it used actual weapons instead of cheap tricks.

I really dislike the offensive auras leaders and bosses (hyena pack).  I'd rather it be cast based for offensive auras (as in auras that affect the enemy).  For defensive auras (affecting the team), sure, make it always on.

For the magnetic aura specifically:

I mean, I play via sound so the HUD issue isn't so much an issue, but losing all my shields and energy on a caster frame?  Just for being in the range when they spawn or rush towards me? (Especially since the hyena pack moves faster than the tenno).

That is just kind of a low blow. Luckily, it makes it easier to find allies that are downed when my HUD is scrambled since nobody puts a waypoint down o or fires their weapon while down these days.

It isn't so much dangerous for me as much as it is annoying because it can't be blocked by any method I've found.   Unlike the other leaders, which can be blocked through many different methods.

What makes it worse is that they can spawn quite literally right next to you and boom, instant disable.

The stalker is absurdly easy in comparison because he disables abilities, he does not drain your energy.   That means that for a caster frame, you can still fire those nyx bolts at him, you can still use your fire blast to push him back (please never stop cast fire blast against the stalker).  You can still hit him with fireball.  Your teslas will still work on him.

As for the Dark Souls thing... Never had that issue with Dark Souls.  I have never had an enemy that could one shot me that I could not prevent.  If it could one shot me, I could prevent it from doing so (with few exceptions)

At one point the Stalker had a Hate weapon that could swing for over a thousand damage... rapidly.

If you 'escape the Stalker' he teleports to you if you are too far away.

Ah I see. In any case, at least you could know that was going to happen and stay within an acceptable distance so he can neither mow you down nor tele-hate you. It's similar to how I know how to make Lech Kril use each move in his arsenal just by controlling my distance. However, Mag leaders just BZZZZZZZ YOU'RE SCREWED when you step inside their range, no matter if they're on the other side of a wall. There are many situations where you just can not see it coming, it is the opposite of a challenge, it is cheap.

I'm okay with one-hit KO's or otherwise abusive damage if I can avoid them. For example: Phorid's Spinestrike. It can quite literally rip a high-leveled frame to shreds by tearing right through the shields and dealing high damage... but I can see it coming and dodge it. Lephantis' Grineer head can put a 100-damage-per-tick bleed proc on you... but it is massive, slow, and there's no way you can't see it coming unless you're being careless.

Ah I see. In any case, at least you could know that was going to happen and stay within an acceptable distance so he can neither mow you down nor tele-hate you. It's similar to how I know how to make Lech Kril use each move in his arsenal just by controlling my distance. However, Mag leaders just BZZZZZZZ YOU'RE SCREWED when you step inside their range, no matter if they're on the other side of a wall. There are many situations where you just can not see it coming, it is the opposite of a challenge, it is cheap.

I'm okay with one-hit KO's or otherwise abusive damage if I can avoid them. For example: Phorid's Spinestrike. It can quite literally rip a high-leveled frame to shreds by tearing right through the shields and dealing high damage... but I can see it coming and dodge it. Lephantis' Grineer head can put a 100-damage-per-tick bleed proc on you... but it is massive, slow, and there's no way you can't see it coming unless you're being careless.

For the Lephantis one, or stuck inside the hole of one of the other heads.  I've had that happen where A head spawned right where I was dodging towards (was trying to dodge the spine strikes, suddenly this giant thing pops up in front of me and traps me in this hole that I couldn't climb out of no matter how hard I tried (was not using a mobility frame).

Needless to say this big scythe comes swinging and I can't dodge it.  I could sort of see it coming, but there was no way I was going to be able to dodge it.

But yeah, outside of a few relatively rare exceptions, completely preventable.  An enemy that can hurt you with no LoS, high range, can spawn next to you with no warning, and with the ability always active?

Not exactly preventable.

challenge doesn't equal an enemy that can instantly turn off your Shields and Energy for 5-6 Seconds if you accidentally get within range of the Enemy for 0.001ms. none of the other Leaders are anywhere near the opposite of challenge as that Leader type is.

the effects are acceptable, but all of them instantaneously makes little to no sense compared to all of the others.

now, if walking in range would start well, Magnetizing you, and after a second or so your Shields were turned off, and another second or two your Energy was drained, and if you stayed in radius would stay in that state permanently, that's a different story.

other Leaders operate on that type of basis, so why not that one too.

or just a good pc because you can react faster to anything, but still you have ample time to scan the waves of enemies going towards you, one tip is find the biggest threat, eliminate, find next threat eliminate,

i actually had lots of run ins with them, and the times ive been magnetized i can count with my hand

Also one hit K'O can be considered challenge, I think it is.

though, i'd imagine such a foe in Dark Souls would be sure to be visible before such an attack happens. and such a foe would be a test of your timing and skill at blocking / dodging. 

this Enemy in Warframe is no such foe, especially when taking into consideration with how the game operates.

or just a good pc because you can react faster to anything, but still you have ample time to scan the waves of enemies going towards you, one tip is find the biggest threat, eliminate, find next threat eliminate,

assuming it's within sight before it's within range. 

which... isn't going to be all of the time, because the Dungeonmaster spawns enemies from many directions.

and i don't see how my 'perfect' framerate has anything to do with the way an Enemy is designed. unrelated factors are just that.

i actually had lots of run ins with them, and the times ive been magnetized i can count with my hand

You are assuming that we can SEE.  Some of us CAN'T see.  The leaders don't really make a different sound that I've noticed until you are already in the aura.

Some of us have really bad reaction speeds (I make up for my reaction speeds by planning my actions ahead of time).

I don't get magnetized often, but some enemies are just set up so you can't avoid it. (Spawning next to you, behind a wall, hyena rush, etc).

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

assuming it's within sight before it's within range. 

which... isn't going to be all of the time, because the Dungeonmaster spawns enemies from many directions.

and i don't see how my 'perfect' framerate has anything to do with the way an Enemy is designed. unrelated factors are just that.

well, we probably got very very different playstyles, cuz i got jittery reactions to enemies that im trying to master and that i look around very much thats why probably i could spot a mag leader from a distance

well, we probably got very very different playstyles, cuz i got jittery reactions to enemies that im trying to master and that i look around very much thats why probably i could spot a mag leader from a distance

Yes, we all have different reaction times, but that doesn't help you if your enemy can hit through a wall and spawns on the other side of it.

I agree these mag leaders need a nerf. Bosses sure they can have avoidable insta kill abilities like the jackal's rockets or the phorid's psychic bolts but leaders that spawn in normal missions should not seeing that they do spawn randomly and you can never really tell when one is coming all the time especially if it can get you through a wall.