Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Deal With Door Heroes

Angius

You could also proc Radiation on yourself, which allows you to hit your team, and you know... Kill them.

Actually you can't. The only way to get a radiation proc on yourself is if you're hit by an enemy that deals radiation damage; trying proc yourself with splash damage weapons (Ogris, Penta, Stug, Castanas, etc) doesn't work. Believe me I tried. You can get other procs such as Corrosive and Fire, but there appears to be a stipulation on radiation procs for this very reason - to not be exploited as a means to initiate friendly fire. DE probably realized this back when they were designing D2.0, and thus made the exception.

How to Stop Door heros

make sure you took the screenshot of them doing it and make a file of those picture per ppl in your games (to be safe)

troll them by the many suggested way as in most common is go afk to let pod dies and leech xp of the door hero

host migration

support ticket? (not sure if this appropriate or not)

now dont get the kills let the hero do the work for you... why? cause you get the kills and they need xp, ur just helping them

do watever its takes to make their day a nightmare within legal DE rule terms (no hacking account a obvious one)

this is where the screenshot become useful comes in

if you happen to have a ticket on you for trolling, then you have the proofs of showing the Support Team the reason which is valid via forums

also keep note that low defense tier usually have heros while soo many are chicken on tier 3s

Just let them do what they want. They will learn.

You're joking, right? I know you're joking, of course, because if you were being serious that would be rather amazing. I mean, if you're just going to ignore them, fine, I get it. But the logic you're using to defend that is a pure and fluid fallacy. 

That's like finding your 10 year old child smoking a pack of cigarettes and letting them keep them and doing absolutely nothing about it.

"Oh don't worry, eventually they'll figure out it's bad for them."

Ok firstly I am not sure it is against any rules or anything to play in this manner so complaining about it isn't going to achieve very much other than making everyone more angry about the situation.

Now having said that there are ways of minimising the effects these sorts of people have on the game & they all revolve around doing as few missions as possible with RANDOM players. If your not in an active clan maybe you should try finding one as that should help you at least find people with a similar play style to you to do missions with.

Even if they are just friends & you don't join a clan that should help you in a big way, because continuing to play missions with RANDOM players is only going to see you becoming more & more angry with the situation till you either stop playing or do something that causes you problems within the game.

Now IF all else fails you could always try doing what a lot of others do & as the saying goes "IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM JOIN THEM"

You will probably find that people who play like that HATE it when it is done to them so maybe try giving them a dose of their own medicine! :P

When I get this I just defend the pod myself until the checkpoint cycles then they I grab my mod and leave. There are some game modes where you can $&*^ around every now and again without being much of a hindrance to other players. A sabotage for example... I had 15mins and I wanted the forma before I had to go out, so I shot through max sprint Loki killed everything and the core and waited at the end for them. I don't usually do this I hate soloists but it was a rare occasional one-off plus I knew the 3 were fairly experienced and could cope without me on this rare occasion. Other game modes though like defense or rescue... Running off really does F*** your team over majorly because you're supposed to be defending something as a team. People who screw around on defense infuriate me. 

Really infuriates me also. My son does it a lot, he runs off like he has a rocket up his tail. Kills the crap out of everything, while I with my Frost lumber along. Only to find him laying on the floor bleeding out, and that is where he stays. Anyone peeves me doesn't get a rev, I'm happy to watch them bleed out. If they camp near a door I shoot or ice wave the crap out of everything coming out of it, I feel justified.

The second type of person that really annoys me are the ones that join a session and go off and hide somewhere. You never see them, they never get any kills and they never get to the end or help you with a door and force you to wait or run around looking for them. Or they run ahead and take the lift leaving you and the rest of the team stranded. Generally they run straight to the end and let you get swamped by hillbillies(ancients), all the while trying to achieve the objective.

I was just hoping tolevel up my Gorgon Wraith after Forma'ing. Unfortunately - three dor heroes happened, on Jupiter.

I asked them politely to stop spawncamping and stick to the pod.

No response.

I used more simple sentence: "DooR HERO BAD COOPERATION GOOD"

No response.

I said "Screw this, you are not guarding the pod, I won't do it either".

And I went door heroing.

But that was just not enough. For them it was probably jst a normal way to play, running around like a headless chicken.

Unfortunately for them, I was equipped with Rhino Prime.

I don't usually anihilate the whole waves, I just don't like it. I rarely use Stomp or M Prime. But I have them always equipped.

"Oh, you are charging your Jat Kittag attack? It sure takes some time. *STOMP*"

"Stug balls need some time to fly and detonate. You see, I'm faster. *STOMP*"

"You can't shoot the enemies from there and you're running to a better position? I can *STOMP* them for you."

Nobody had a chance to kill a thing. They finished with maximum kill number of 64 (62 and 23 IIRC).

I had over 250 kills.

I've burned like 20 Team Energy Restores, but goddamn, it was worth it.

no one cares

I have a solution if you don't mind failing the mission or not progressing. Just grab the data mass and try first terminal. If they act like door heroes just hold the data and don't insert it.

Or (I don't know if DE fixed this or not) you can jump into the dark pit and change your weapon to primary while falling down. You will teleport back up, datamass won't.

I have a solution if you don't mind failing the mission or not progressing. Just grab the data mass and try first terminal. If they act like door heroes just hold the data and don't insert it.

Or hide it/drop it somewhere they cannot find it or reach it..

The best thing about being the host for door heroes is that you could force a host migration and make them lose all their precious exp and mods.

It's pretty hard farming with those elitist door heroes, about 9 out of 10 runs I had in defense/mobile defense were filled with them. And its pretty hard to let the pods die since they will just rush back and press 4 and then going back CAMP SPAWN MASTER RACE.

Why can't we all share our farm like civilized plebians/tenno???

Basically yes. Spawncamping, killing groups of enemies as soon as they get out of the door.

If DE would not line them up like ducks in a row there would not be as much incentive to door camp. You can literally stand in one spot and mow down a third to half the wave in the first 5 seconds. I don't purposely door camp but if there happens to be a mod or power ball near a spawn point you go get it and then blow the mobs away when they spawn.

IMO they should just have 3-4 enemies come out of every spawn point every wave. There would be no way to cover all of them with 4 Warframes so you would have to work together closer to the Cryopod or Power Core.