Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Deal With Door Heroes

Angius

I've had so many people on ps4, mostly on tower defense become door heroes and not even know they were doing anything wrong.

I've had to explain how the xp share is only within certain ranges and that making the loot drop far away is annoying as hell..

I ragequit for the first time yesterday on ps4,all day long it had been those types of players,snapped and turned everything off lmao....switched it back on within 5 mins tho and plaed bf instead ):D

Defense and MD games are two of the most enjoyable mission types, I think, but hallway heroes unfortunately completely ruin it.

Not necessarily the best way to handle the problem, but even though I saw that you said you tried to let the pod die, that's sometimes still not enough. You'd lose everything yourself as well.

DE has to do somethin' to get rid of these people.

You just gave them free EXP...Idk how that solved a thing ._. if someone started spamming M Prime or Stomp when I'm in a room I start thanking the RNGods for such a wonderful bounty, since that means I can get rid of those crap weapons that I have on me faster.

if i learned something in this game, is if DE leaves anything to chance, someone will exploit it or will ruin the others fun.

after the last event, i saw with satisfaction that when the game force the players to work together, the results are great.

solution?

in mobile defenses add the same system from the cores in last event (without the shield comsuption),  is a player goes too far from the objective to be defended, no XP for him, at all.

sadly players need to be forced to play as a team, that, and only in that, the last event was a success.

Follow them to the door and leech. Let the objective die, don't rez them if they do. They're in a group but not team playing.

Using Valkyr or Loki to move them closer to the pod is also a nice thing to do against door heroes.

Edit- I should point out that when people don't respond it's mostly because they only understand Russian, Spanish, Portuguese or sometimes French. English is the lingua franca, learn it!

Edited by Mastikator2

Whenever the other 3 people go off to random parts of the map away from the defense point, I just say to myself, "Oh, that looks like fun! I'll go join them!" and proceed to abandon the objective. If it dies, hey, not my problem. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I'm playing a Mobile Defense with randoms, I always make sure to either equip Valkyr, Vauban, Loki, or Frost, so that if it's only one or two players that are ignoring the objective, I have the option of rip lining them back to the pod, switch teleporting them, spamming snowglobes in their firing path, or throwing bounce pads at them to show them I'm displeased with their behavior. Call it griefing  if you want, but 9/10 they know exactly what they're doing and why they shouldn't. They always make that clear.

i dont know if this helps, but if your only leveling anything other than your frame. Simply use Nova max range(depends on how big the room is) and let them be door heroes while your MP kills everything. Not as effective once your in later waves when MP becomes a CC thou. :/ however if you'd stayed till then all your equipment should be max level all ready.

to me i think Nova's MP for earlier waves kills the fun for your door heroes. then again by later rounds they end up running back to the pod or leave the game bc their not getting alot of kills. 

When i meet a door hero... i just spam tornado. ;D If they stay they get lag, usually will have to run around to get items, and if its low enough level they won't get any kills. >:D 

Zephyr's Tornado is the best way of getting rid of those door heros, its laggy, its annoying, and it steals so many kills when used effectively. :P

Edited by Feallike

Nova with mp in general is not the best option. Because you need to be 100% sure that you can kill entire wave without leaving any mob behind. Because this mob will have a speed debuff. which means he can travel to a kill zone half of minute of even more. Also you must be sure that you will kill this wave as soon as you use mp. otherwise you will waste time. also you need to have clear view to target or use AMD, which is even with fleeting expertise is expensive. Also you must be sure that you do not make the same mistake these idiots do.

Anyway - there are better options than Nova in order to farm affinity on Grineer Asteroid MD. (and difference actually in thousands of kills per hour).

Also: Take a look on Player helping Players subforum. You can find a link there to Nugget_'s post about affinity farming. In his post you can find very brief explanation about how spawn system works (no offence Nugget_).

So on this forum you may find some guildes about MD with spawns and explanation, but you must search a forum because they are not pinned (hey DEMegan i am pointing at you). So no wonder that majority of player base have no clue about what is good and what is bad. And knowledge about game mechanics is limited. Result of this you can see on pug MD, pug Survival, even pug Invasions.

So kinda this.

Edited by Althix

@ Althix good point, thou my point was more on the kill steal that MP does when Mobs are killed. in earlier waves which most door heroes are typically found, having the mobs primed with MP kind defeats their reason from hogging doors.

most people who play with random(pug) rarely play supporting roles, bc of that when ever i see the thier loadout i simply make a quick adjustment. Thou i could never under stand why anyone would run long sur/def with pugs.  

It shuts down Warframe,

I found another way, maybe even more d*ckmove.

I usually host those games.

Do you know what happens when host leaves the game?

9/10 cases the rest of the players got disconnected, sometimes the rewards are even not saved.

When the host leaves a new host is started.  It saves the game and people keep playing.  Never have I lost connection to the game in over one year.  This is just bad information here.

I did the same thing today, OP. But most of the pick up groups I played with seemed to understand why I was spamming Stomp near them and headed back to the objective.

I main Trinity so, most of the time unfortunately, I can't do much.

Whenever the other 3 people go off to random parts of the map away from the defense point, I just say to myself, "Oh, that looks like fun! I'll go join them!" and proceed to abandon the objective. If it dies, hey, not my problem. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, me too.

There was a 35-38 mob def today for Volt alternative helmet. Didnt need the helmet, only the XP.

One "hardcore" Doorway Heroe corrupted the two others.

It's nothing I haven't seen before. I had to join them. Nothing wrong with me, is there ?

The objective didn't last long.

Thanks for the tip about Valkyr and Frost by the way...

I tried letting the pod die, but they were just killing everything before it reached the top platform.

Yes, I know, that I leveled them. But do you know why door heroes are door heroes? Because they want kills. They want more kills than anybody else in their team. All of them together had less kills than I had. It may have not hurt them directly, but I'm pretty sure they were even a little bit &!$$ed.

Yes, I was using Energy Restores. I have crapload of them, so it's not a big deal. And in 2 ticks they are giving me enough energy to 1-2 Stomps.

And while I agree, that you can't teach an ignorant to not be one, you can at least punish them for their ignorance. For personal satisfaction.

Basically yes. Spawncamping, killing groups of enemies as soon as they get out of the door.

If they were killing everything, why is it a noob tactic?? It works and in every single defense game I've played people have all done it to some extent.

If they were killing everything, why is it a noob tactic?? It works and in every single defense game I've played people have all done it to some extent.

Because :

They go to the spawn points and camp those, staying far enough away that the XP is not shared and the loot is a LONG ways from the pod. Essentially, they don't want to play with others or share XP. I guess it makes them feel good to do it. To screw their teammates.

That said, SOMETIMES such tactics can work. Holding a chokepoint is not a bad idea. But holding it A LONG ways away form the pod where no one else can get the loot or XP IS. 

I have played with EXCELLENT groups that camped and rotated from each spawn point so each person got a chance at the loot. We were close enough to share XP. We held the enemy off so successfully that we got to level 50 on defense without trying. But THAT took communication and people willing to play as a team. Both of which are hard to come by these days outside of clan games.