Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Dislike About Warframe

(PSN)Angelknight0

- RNG

- Quantity being higher than quality in items

- No point in forma'ing or potato'ing items due to power creep

- It is becoming a Gabe Newell-space shooter, an experiment on e-conomics (compare the prices of items in RL currency in the stores versus the difficulty of obtaining them IG to see this. Warframe = 15 USD for a weapon you can easily build, TF2 = 1 USD for a weapon that will eventually drop for FREE to you. Both work as new-player-cash-bait)

- Atrocious lack of story/lore

- Atrocious lack of information in Update and Patch notes. Beta testers (or whatever WF players are) are NOT supposed to be detectives. Not releasing complete patch/update notes adds to the lack of transparency DE as a company has shown.

- Very repetitive. Grind based MMOs are the norm rather than exception nowadays, but the vast majority of them offer a meaning to that. Either you are grinding hours to be more competitive in PvP, or for Raids/etc. In WF you grind to be able to grind more at the moment.

Since a PS4 member started this topic ill just make a list and short explanations on each point. Things such as Hub 2.0 Melee 2.0 and endgame mechanics such as Badlands, proxy wars will not be mentioned. 

1. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD): Commonly known as CE-34878-0 and alongside lag, connection and server issues this is getting more and more frequent crashes. This should be DE's and Sonys first priority because playing survival three times in a row to help newbs in the clan get prime gear only to lose connection. Their response was downright anger and quit Warfare due to being unplayable, mostly void missions and intense long missions.

2. Customization: Instead of the usual weapons and warframes every week or month, add helmets or armor for every frame. Whether it be cosmetic or stat bonuses it will be more of an incentive to do more alerts and buy platinum to make individual warframes unique. Devstream 24 mentioned in a section also showing more syandana's which is step in this direction. More badge locations such as knees or behind helmets.

3. Gameplay: How about parkour 2.0 with double backflip abilities or finishers? Tileset 2.0 with each node having different level set ups. Waypoint 2.0 such as a command wheel where you can put defend and attack points on HIS or maps.

These are just quick brainstorming sections while im playing warframe atm. Feel free to add constructive criticism to the above if you want. 

Me what bugs me the most is really the lack of freedom in customization.

Sure you can do colourization, add some badges and there the Syandana... But that's it.

Helmet is a thing, but I wished I could transmute an helmet or fuse it... Such as I keep the effect, but want another model... Trinity if a good example.

I LOVE the effect of the Aura Helmet... But I love the Meridian Helmet... Why can't I have the model of the Meridian but the Aura effect? I would be willing to pay something to have such access to do that kind of customization.

There is many games out there that already have aesthetic feature where you can change the look of something while keeping the old stats... Why not there? 

So far Warframe them self have little customization, other than having a Prime version for some of them. Would love to change the pattern on the Warframe, but keeping the main style style of the armor. Changing where the colors go, remove accessory part or add some...

Even the sentinel have more customization that is apparent. (Head, tail and wings )

I know it's little, but its fun to look the way you want, with a certain limit.

Like I would dig for good looking stuff, as your rank up, proof of you mastering warframe/weapon/sentinel...

Such as the Player rank already unlock weapons, why not aesthetic that would characterise your ability? ( maybe )

Or when you reach a rank 30 with a weapon or any thing, and Forma, you get a Star in the arsenal, Why not something to show that in game too? Like I already reached a Theoric rank of 150 on my Prime Latron, being with 5 stars, so 5x30= 150 ranks at that point, I would like to see something more from my gun D:

-lower regular exp rates

* i recently realized this from the doom booster

-Fairly identical weapons

*. I could use a gatling gun that shoots mini rockets or a kama + bronco prime

-warframe diversity

* did not see a single saryn, banshee or vauban in the past 2 days

-leveling formad weapons

* feels like a chore

-invasion matchmaking

* forever alone

-twitch lottery

* pick me damnit

Lack of alternatives for combat based players on mandatory stealth tests for ranking up. I am among one of those players and I *HATE* mandatory stealth.

Level repetition. I'd like to not see the same chunk over and over for once.

Hyper competitive clans. Who cares how high you're on the statboard? It's a damn game.

Rushers, can't stand them.

Players who don't act like a team.

That even after melee 2.0 comes out, guns will still be the most viable option. The combos will probably look fun, but in the end, it'll still basically be asthetics, because regardless of how much damage you deal, even if they give it some ridiculously insane spike of damage for doing proper combos, guns are still safer, will deal more damage, and the only drawback will be ammo, which is pretty easily circumvented.

I limit myself to not using guns, because it's actually somewhat fun that way, but I know it'll probably the stay that way even after it's released. I have hope for the supposed gun-resistant enemies, though, that gives at-least some reason for using this playstyle, and playing like a traditional ninja, or attempting to.

Broken lights.

Yes, I know. That's it. That's all I hate.

Otherwise I love the game. It's just those f* lights.

edit: Okay you got me, bad team players are &#! too. Wait for me if I'm on a heavy I don't like having get your butt off the ground from rushing ahead!

I mean seriously how hard is it just to hire an electrician and fix a goddamn lamp. The corpus don't seem to have that problem... even the blooming infested don't have that either! I mean c'mon!

Edited by Sutherland

Broken lights.

Yes, I know. That's it. That's all I hate.

Otherwise I love the game. It's just those f* lights.

I mean seriously how hard is it just to hire an electrician and fix a goddamn lamp. The corpus don't seem to have that problem... even the blooming infested don't have that either! I mean c'mon!

Whats really cute is when the lights flicker and everyone is like, 'WHO IS IT G3 OR HARVY" and some guy is like, "just stalker" then every1 stands in a circle and when he spawns everyone sneezes on him and he falls over dead and life goes on. Seriously though that guy needs a buff. badly.

I love warframe, but one thing that really really bothers me, its the lack of any Lore, backstory/background, there's only a couple pages on the wikia and the things we know from Dark Sector, and that's it.  I mean, c'mon!! There's no excuse. DE, look at the size of this game!! If the people that are creating the Lore can't come out with anything, then with all the respect, they are not doing a good job, they are not keeping up with the people who works on other areas of the game.

the only thing i dislike is the lack of story. everytime they put out a new event or little thing with lore behind it, im super happy..and then its gone. all im really hoping for is a more fleshed out story and characterization. the gameplay is fine for me currently and it seems to get stronger with each update. at least on the ps4.

Whats really cute is when the lights flicker and everyone is like, 'WHO IS IT G3 OR HARVY" and some guy is like, "just stalker" then every1 stands in a circle and when he spawns everyone sneezes on him and he falls over dead and life goes on. Seriously though that guy needs a buff. badly.

Oh... not the stalker. These are... painful lights. The kind of lights that zap you just as you're near the exist of a Survival mission out of life support playing solo. Then force you to loose a life unnecessarily. Those kind of lights.

I can answer one of these dislikes "Players who watch you bleed out (not a game problem but why do they do that idk)" I let people who bring unranked frames to Kiste bleed out because well simply put im not running it to carry them. They wanna level an unranked frame go back to Kappa.

Well, I can safely say that I wouldn't want to play with someone like you in my squad.

The game unlike many others lacks an objective. There is no clear "End Game" activities. a rank 1 could instantly jump to do high ranked missions with no restrictions whatsoever, Which in the end make them miss out on lots of content.

I can't count the times where I invited a clueless player to a Vault Run, Or a player who just bought Vauban off the Market and had no idea whatsoever on how to mod or play a specialized warframe like Vauban.

What the game needs is a proper progression path with better introductions to ( Planets, Bosses, Warframes ) and even some weapons.

Adding a few restrictions might enhance the experience for everyone for example :

1- A warframe cannot be obtained or purchased before killing the specific boss that drops it's parts at least once. ( Might even add some lore where you "Rescue" that specific warframe ).

2- Add an introduction course to each warframe " A tutorial" on all of it's skills after obtaining it.

3- Highly specialized warframes require higher mastery ranks.

4- No more taxis.

Apologies for the long post, the game in its current state is a little chaotic in my opinion.

This is what I call constructive.

Thread should be changed to "What you dislike about Warframe and how you would improve on it"

I dislike how a lot of potiental in this game is being squandered.

Why is there no actual space missions? I mean like actually being in space not just in a space ship

Why is there no exploration missions, literally just exploring a vast planet and killing Grineer and Corpus you find along the way?

Why is there so limited customization? Having a warframe you can build from the ground up would be fun

This is just barely scratching the surface and there is soooo much more you can do with this game.

All then confusing thing that happen too fast & fast change this that...
I`m seeing things on dark-side lel

Why all the negativity would it not be better to make a thread asking what people like about warframe rather than being negative.

Maybe OP gonna do something about it.
Savior of Warframe achievement received haha

Forgot one thing. Weekly Hot Topics felt like a slap to my face every time I read them just to see DE either completely ignore issues that are really bothering players or wave off evidently broken/hidden mechanics as WAI.

Edit: And when DE started making contests based solely on newly released weapons, forcing anyone who wants to participate to either rush the craft (RL money) or buy the weapon off the RIDICULOUSLY overpriced store if they want a good amount of time to prepare something nice to compete.

Edited by Dogoframe

Lech Kril on phobos sponges bullets and won't die unless you're out ammo or something then he starts taking damage

Takes 3 shots.  On that note, I dislike noobs who don't know the fight and stand in melee range of him.

Hmmm I think you may have opened a Pandora's Box with this thread :P

OK the things I dislike about WarFrame

* The lack of control the host has over WHOM plays in their squad & the inability to remove players that are not wanted in a squad for whatever reason. {A HOST should be able to kick people out of the squad during the lobby stage of the game}

* The lack of control players have over who will host a game {Would be great if players could manually lock a host in for the mission rather than having it left up to the game. This could be done during the Lobby stage of the game}.

* Only being able to have 4 people in a squad. Yes I know that the more you have in a squad the harder it is to keep things from being a pain in the &#! as far as the sheer amounts of data that needs to be transmitted between players clients is concerned (eg keeping lag at a minimum) {Would be great if we could have 1-6 people in a squad}

* The lack of a REAL PVP aspect to the game. {How good would it be if we could have CLAN v CLAN battles for special maps or whatever with 3 or 4 players on each side?}

* RNG Really what more needs to be said about RNG? it doesn't work properly & probably never will. There are much better systems available but DE just doesn't seem to want to know for some reason or another.

* Only being able to have a single Character per Account. {Would be nice if players could have 2 or 3 characters & were able to select which one they wanted to use after initially logging in to the game}

There are more things but those are the ones that are most important for myself at this time & the post is long enough for now :P