The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hosting Odd, "need" Vauban. Really?

Wargasm_v2.X

OP, ever bothered to play vauban outside of ODD or infested missions? he's fun to play for the few who actually take him to missions versus corpus and grineer, and there he's a very balanced frame... one game mode doesn't really make him op, he's slow an squishy as hell if used wrong. he's one of the last frames DE should touch to be honest.

Whats your problem? Vortex just makes sure Cryopod is safe. If you dont like Vortex, Chaos is here. Or Molecular Prime with Anitmatter Drop. Or excalibur with Radial Blind. Or rhino with stomp. Your point is invalid. It is just what booben is good at, ODS and ODD. Thanks to people like you Frost died already, let Booben live at least.

He was already nerfed like 3 times.

Initially his vortex could kill stuff.

They nerfed it twice, now it only tickles.

Then Bastille got nerfed as well.

Oh wait there is a hidden 4th nerf, no infested planets anymoar except infestation and ODD :(

Unlike other frames who actually improved in some ways (like Rhino R Blast for Roar, Ember overheat for accelerant) after a nerf.

He has being progressively growing weaker and less utilized over time. Let the trollban live.

Edited by fatpig84

And i thought Blizzard was ridiculous when all they cared was balance in Diablo, a PVE game, look what they did with RoS, they threw balance at the window and finally made Diablo a fun game, coincidence?

Warframe is a PVE co-op shooter, why would you even care about balance? I mean, having a balanced gameplay is good but not if it means nerfing over and over again every "good" warframes, nerfing doesn't make the game "fun"...

What shocks me the most is that all these complaints about warframes being good at certain things needing yet more nerfs actually come from the community, shouldn't we be happy that some warframes are (at the very least) good at certain things? Should DE just nerf the hell out of every warframes and render them completely useless at everything? Seeing the trends in this forum i could resume it that way: "this warframe is good at everything, let's nerf it so that he's no more", "this warframe sucks at everything but that, let's nerf it because being good a one thing is too much" and my favourite: "this warframe sucks on every levels, pls DE buff him so that he can be useful"... Will you ever be happy?? When a warframe is bad, the community ask for a buff and when a warframe is good, the community ask for a nerf...

I wouldn't like to be in the shoes of DE, the community contradict itself on so many levels, it's just ridiculous...

Edited by AvengerGrim

I happen to enjoy my Vauban alot, not because hes great against infested but because he is a great CC frame overall. He just happens to do better versus that faction is all.

edit: Now is it so wrong for a frame to excel at something? Is that not the reason we have all these frames in the first place? Now Nyx to me is a far more powerful CC frame against all factions equally, while vauban works against the other two but not as effective since they dont like to run into vortex and Bastille has a limit of targets he can pick up with now. Thus making Nyx with just chaos a far better choice of CC overall since it has no limit of targets, cheap to cast, great range, and works equally against all factions.

Edited by gamefreak9149

if they nerf Vauban this guys next post will be about how hard ODD is now and to "fix" that too, although I think someone already asked DE about Vauban being changed like Frost and they said they aren't going to do anything to him

Nah,actually ODD were never too hard for me

And I was never use booben there,booben is just 1 of my collection...I'm always let other player on my team use him...

Don't really like spamming skill a lot

They don't 'need' Vauban to survive in ODD, they 'need' Vauban to get the kind of playing experience they want.

Excuse you for having different preferences than them. Derelict keys aren't like Void keys, the blueprints are easy to make, so start hosting your own to suit your own tastes. That's what the rest of us do.

I swear, some people are not going to be happy until we have 45 guns that have the same stats but just look different, and a roster of equally useless frames. 

Why is it when a frame gets a little attention, people freak out and want him or her "balanced?"  Controlling infested is the ONLY thing he is good at.  So you think because he is good at 1 thing, that he should be balanced?  I bet as soon as every frame sucks, and every weapon is the same, you'll complain there's not enough variety in the game, lol. 

Then after that happen 90% of people leave , leaving 10% of the people who want every thing to be the same.

Vauban is OP against Infested because the Infested are a dumb faction, not because Vauban is too strong.

Infested can't do anything except run at your face, so the Frame that stops things that run at your face is clearly going to wreck them.

The solution is to add variety to the Infested types, not to nerf a Frame that is stronger against *one* faction.

This^

I actually agree with you to an extent. What many people here don't understand is that a game should have a sense of challenge. However Vauben is perfectly balanced and is not one of the top offenders. The only reason he excels against the infested is due to the infested lacking variety and generally being an underwhelming faction. They need more ranged units, or more diverse tactics in general rather then "I'm gonna run at you're face!!!"

The true offenders on the hit list are:

Trinity: just making the invulnerability not affected by duration would fix her, there's no need for it to exceed 10 seconds at most

Nova: simply MR lock at 4 (similar to rhino, and if anything further need happen reduce the damage of her explosions from m-prime by 33-50%)

Valkyr: chance the immortality to a damage reduction 50-66% ish

Edited by KittyDarkling

The problem isn't with Vauban, it's with the infested, since all they can do is run around on the ground and get right in your face. Vauban trivializes that entire faction and only that faction, but so do a lot of other frames.

Vauban's just easier to do it with when it's a defense and ODD's are probably the easiest defenses to run even without a Vauban. Just take an Ogris or Penta not even maxed out with any frame and have a hay day. 

Have you tried playing Vauban against other factions without a good team that actually coordinates a little? He gets wrecked!

He can't survive out in the open at later levels nor can he take glancing hits yet from the sheer number of enemies that spawn in on Survivals it's pretty hard to keep him alive without a Frost or Trinity because he has no truly practical defense that can keep all those hordes at bay.

Unless you want to keep throwing vortexes down the hallway before even thinking about taking a step outside the room you just cleared.

On top of that you'll need a good AoE weapon  like an Ogris or a Penta just to make it out of there alive with the least amount of resistance possible so you aren't instantly downed by three projectiles. 

Get seperated from the group in a high level survival that isn't infested?

Dead.

Take some unavoidable shots from a homing rocket or 5th volley of Napalm from all directions? 

Dead. 

If anything I feel Vauban could do with a defensive buff, he sure looks tanky with his aesthetic, I'd rather he be a tanky CC'er than a glass CC'er. 

Since others were talking about the abilities used on their Vaubans, I'd like to point out that the only ability of his with limited utility are his Teslas since their proc rate has yet to get the buff it needs, though I use all of his abilities constantly when playing him. Modding solely for Bastille is just such a waste of his CC potential. 

if I use Vauban on ODD I stay near the middle and guard the artifact rest of squad can run around killing everything else all you need to do is pull agro and stay away from vortex to kill as much as you want try roaming a little use tactics not hard to figure out

vauban can trivialise infested because there are no ranged or flying infested.

loki and excalibur can trivialise corpus/grineer by forcing them to melee making them easier to gun down at your leisure.

trinity can trivialise everything and make everyone invincible with a small amount of downtime during recast.

nova...... well theres plenty of posts on why 4x buffs/debuffs in MP is far too many.

Frost trivialised ranged units as well, and to an extent still does even after his fix.  (now, just not high lvl)

probably plenty more examples of ways to easymode lots of things.

I go to ODs to farm, not to have a challenge.

My Vauban and penta are just fine with are current utility and power.

There are people that enjoy taking chances with their keys and their time to create challenges. people that create specific cell configurations for specific missions are not those kinds of people. They want to play, and they want to win. I am among them, i dont want the farming in survival to go south because of the random ancient that decided to blindside me from nowhere.