The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Fun Weapons I Should Try?

meIody-

Question

Karak has a very satisfying feel. It's just your standard assault rilfle like you've used a thousand times in other games, but they just did it so right with the sounds and animations that you'll love it.

Penta is a lot of fun. The other explosive weapons are kind of wonky to try and use, but Penta is both instant and gives you control over the detonation time. Highly recommended for group play. Not so much solo play if you're new. You'll see why. :P

The Drakgoon with maxed fire rate. You can shotgun and snipe with it.

Various ways to mod it, but also this. I forgot Drakgoon while I was posting. Drakgoon is a lot of fun. I just get tired of charging it. However, I recently maxed out my Tainted Shell, so I think I'll go back and give Drakgoon another look to see if I can make it viable without charging.

Personally I find Castanas quite fun to use - it provides kind of a tactical feel. Plus you can pull quite impressive dmg out of it if you have Cicero and Thetra mods at your disposal.

EDIT: And of course Synapse, pointed above. Can't say no to 100% crit.

Edited by xGryphus

Karak has a very satisfying feel. It's just your standard assault rilfle like you've used a thousand times in other games, but they just did it so right with the sounds and animations that you'll love it.

Too bad the magazine looks like a ballsack. :P

Jat Kittag is a fun one. I just recently got it. Speed it up a bit, and you can be a hammer-wielding ballerina in no time. Normal attacks stagger, heavy attacks (everything that isn't normal attacks) knock down. Charge attacks hit multiple times as you're spinning at unreasonable speeds. It's just generally fun.

Some utility-modded Akstilettos on lower levels are pretty fun. They have all the utility you need to not stress at all when using them.

Despite it's bad reputation, the miter is fun too. Especially if you like watching people being cut in half and/or desecrating.

These are just some weapons I've enjoyed myself.

+1 What everyone else said...

Also, the Ignis (pump up Heavy Caliber), Dual Heat Swords (AoE attack does area fire damage), Jat Kittag (for it's swing animation and slam attack), any bow, and the Kestrel (instant CC). 

Phage and Ignis for clearing rooms :D

Seriously, try out a armor stripping Grakata build. You can burn all the armor off a Grineer Heavy in less than a second, then switch to a sidearm to take it out quickly. Really only worth the effort at really high levels tho :(

boltor prime

nuff said

In 2 months time this same fellow and those like him will be Fanboy'ing the next "highest DPS" rifle.

"Boltor Prime sucks, get a Megavagerian!"

/rolleyes

With that said Castanas are fun. Lots of potential. Killing yourself with them accidentally is also good for a laugh.

Asking for fun weapons and no one has mentioned the Kestrel, Glaive, or Glaive Prime?

Disappointed in you guys.

False. I will not have anyone disappointed. Can't handle it. See below.

+1 What everyone else said...

Also, the Ignis (pump up Heavy Caliber), Dual Heat Swords (AoE attack does area fire damage), Jat Kittag (for it's swing animation and slam attack), any bow, and the Kestrel (instant CC).