The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goodbye Warframe. I Will Miss You.

AizakkuNunchaku

I'm assuming OP is quitting because he believes he will not have time for games while studying in college.  Because, obviously, age has nothing to do with whether or not people like games, or play games.

But, just in case OP is actually implying that games are a child's thing, and that turing 18 means you must put them away forever, then riddle me this: how do games get made?  You think game developers are all kids and teenagers?  Have you ever watched DE's livestreams?  Adults make games because they are passionate about games and love playing games because games are life enriching for anyone at any age.

I'm 28.  I recently got my dad into Skyrim.  He's now at level 137 with his duel enchanted Daedric gear.  I got my mom into CSI on Wii, because she's a big fan of the show.  She's the absolute last person we ever thought would become a gamer in any capacity.  Now she's playing Epic Mickey every day, and wants to get the sequel.  And she even plays a little Skyrim now.

Games have no age limit.

If you have restrictions, drink till your happy then play games and clam it on the bases that you where drunk.

If your worried that college and work are going to take over, don't just find the gaps that you can either pull out a laptop or sit down at the pc and play.

All those people that think age matters, pfft a recorded gamer is 78 years old, this lady lives in the UK and plays COD on xbox one. She started gaming in the 80's on a nintendo playing games such as "super mario brothers".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2488613/Is-UKs-oldest-gamer-78-year-old-queues-past-midnight-hands-new-Call-Duty-game.html 

Helping your country is always a good choice, and the army also has benefits.

Government or people or rich population of your country?

But yeah I heard about taxes and college prices in USA, still sounds like last option for anyone

Edited by Cemges

(Sorry for posting in the wrong spot. I not very active in the forums...)

Holy crap... I didn't expect people to be so interested in something like this.

Well, since you are so confused and curious about my position, I will first establish that the age isn't the most significant factor. Since the middle of middle school, I have been gradually realizing that my gaming habits have been more of a burden to me than anything else, distracting me from the important things in life (too lazy to make a list). I am an extreme nerd in school: 4.00 unweighted GPA, 100% or better in all my classes, standards raised unrealistically high, etc. With each passing year, my focus was turned slightly closer to gaming rather than my studies. It went to the point where I earned a B+ (89.46%) in English in 7th grade, which devastated me (not my parents, if that is what you are thinking). At that point, I decided to cut back on the gaming and focus more intensely on school, which worked. I managed to be Salutatorian of my class when promotion came. Now the pattern is repeating itself as I find it more difficult to achieve my standards. Why not lower my standards? I don't roll that way... The best solution I saw was to quit the habit altogether so it won't hinder me in the future.

This is just one of the reasons (I think out of 4) which influenced this decision. Now, I'm curious to see the next set of responses... (: |)

Well, since you are so confused and curious about my position, I will first establish that the age isn't the most significant factor. Since the middle of middle school, I have been gradually realizing that my gaming habits have been more of a burden to me than anything else, distracting me from the important things in life (too lazy to make a list). I am an extreme nerd in school: 4.00 unweighted GPA, 100% or better in all my classes, standards raised unrealistically high, etc. With each passing year, my focus was turned slightly closer to gaming rather than my studies. It went to the point where I earned a B+ (89.46%) in English in 7th grade, which devastated me (not my parents, if that is what you are thinking). At that point, I decided to cut back on the gaming and focus more intensely on school, which worked. I managed to be Salutatorian of my class when promotion came. Now the pattern is repeating itself as I find it more difficult to achieve my standards. Why not lower my standards? I don't roll that way... The best solution I saw was to quit the habit altogether so it won't hinder me in the future.

This is just one of the reasons (I think out of 4) which influenced this decision. Now, I'm curious to see the next set of responses... (: |)

What if games meant a carrier for you?

Also you can always limit your habits. Giving up on them is overkill, its also ineffective and will return with worse effects. Learning self control is difficult but is the most awarding scenario. And whats the purpose of life and good grades n a school if you cant enjoy the life anyway? You have set your priorities and I respect that. But ı just want you to know that its not the only option to quit. You may eventually be craving to return back

Edited by Cemges

Well, if you genuinely get enjoyment out of learning, then more power to you.  But if, by any chance,  you're forcing yourself to NOT do things you enjoy and instead get good grades because... that's what you've decided to do, then... uhhh... more power to you... I guess?

I applaud your commitment to your education, that's a rare thing these days.  

I wouldn't recommend quitting altogether, you obviously enjoy gaming and it is a good way to let off some steam.  If you're playing too much, you might consider setting up your PC to turn off the game/Monitor after a certain amount of time.  That was something I did when I was in high school and it worked well.  You could also find ways to integrate your gaming into your school work, maybe?  (I don't know what you study or where, otherwise I'd give suggestions.) 

I got 100% in my English classes Junior & Senior year by using City of Heroes as creative writing inspiration.  

• 2 weeks later...

As it turns out, I only lasted 10 days. Now I am trying to re-max my Hornet Strike and Serration mods after giving them away...

The joke's on me. Being a nerd is boring without gaming. Now if only I had a decent gaming PC to run Warframe better...

Your pc is your limitation, so be happy and game, life is boring without them.

Now let me collect what I earned from the bets