The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity !

Clear_Water

Please do something about "Link + Blessing + Blowyourself" combo.

When I want to play a new frame, I always think "why?"

Because she is very strong by this combo, then why should I play another.

Link is protect her from knockback, Blessing is god mode.

She can do everything, just boom boom boom !!!!

Most people that play as Trinity always use this combo in the mission.

Please DE, nerf her ability.

For example, damage from her guns and friends can't do the damage to her when "Link is active while blessing"

just from the monster.

I apologize from my bad Enlish, but hope you can understand!!!

And please someone, correct my English or say it in the nice way so I can learn too.

Thanks

So you are against strategies and synergies.

Those things are what make the game dynamic and interesting.

A few ppl may abuse or do always do that strategy, but its not like she haves any other crowd control or damage abilities, so its the best ppl can do with it.

Odd, because I can't recall the last time a Trinity was the kill leader in any given mission. Link can't hit nearly the amount of enemies a single Ogris rocket could take out by itself. I mean its an adorable tactic, but it doesn't even come remotely close to your everyday AOE Nuke ability.

I'm as bad as you in english, can't help on this aspect.

But something strange, you can't stop play a warframe so you ask for a nerf?

Not a troll, understand that you point an overpowered combo avaible for Trinity (with some maxxed corrupted mod + maxxed normal mod + maxxed explosif weapon)

But got to add something from this strange ask, so you can't stop play this warframe cause she so much more powerfull than other...

For me all warframe got a specific way to be played, a specific gameplay how make us love play with or not and put it in a trash.

I don't really think that the love we have for a specific gameplay depends on the outdps we can deal with it  (or zephyr/loki will directly go in a trash).

Just an comment on the way you see this problem.

Now, for the magical combo : highlander + link + huge self damage.

For me we can't take this fact without a lot of carefull cause the overpowered aspect is due to a multiple interaction of "not so op thing" :

Overpowered blessing :

The basic of the skill doesn't seems so op : 10 s of invunerability for a cost of 100.

Here we got an infinite spam of this skill more possible with the combo :

cost : fleeting expertise + stream line 

time : Narrow minded + helmet + constitution + continuity ....

Well the only raw strange thing is more the infinite range of the skill. But yep, finally we got a infinite invulnerability.

But how nerf balance that?

No more invulnerability? We lost a real specific aspect of trinity gameplay.

Expensive cost, short time? How a new player can use this skill without all the abusive buff.

Avoid the use of combo corrupted mod buff + common mods buff?

Seems legit but will impact in all other warframe build... Peraphs a solution but prepare yourself for an huge whinning session.

Perhaps how corrupted mod affect the specific skill? Never tried, perhaps need a start.

Overpowered link :

More due to the abusive range of the skill with overextended.

If we put a too little range Trinity lose her way to tank vs ranged weapon...

100% reflected damage?

Without an powerful explosion as input of the link, damage deal are so cheap...

Overpowered explosive weapon :

Want to fight level 100 with a unmodded lato?

(TL; DR;) Conclusion of this fast explication : (TL; DR;)

This combo is really powerfull but we got to understand that it not avaible without a lot of mod what a new players can have directly.

So this combo is avaible for experienced players how potentially need strong dps to try some nice challenge against high level ennemis.

Afterwards this combo include so much thing that we can't simply nerf it, without break other balanced thing.

Another aspect of the problem is that it's really hard to balance this combo without break the Trinity goal to be "a great equalizer when the odds are stacked against the Tenno."

Really an hard problem, all my best wishes to the dev who will try to solve that.

No, he better try to fix the lazy aspect of player using this combo on mercury! (joke inside).

Edited by ZeGreymane

OP is on the right track

there are many other threads out there that have said similar things

but the bottom line is that long/extended periods of COMPLETE INVULNERABILITY are detrimental to the play experience

certainly the interesting mechanic of trin being able to 'hurt' herself and then have it affect the enemies is not something I would like to see removed, it's an interesting mechanic

but at the same time, trin's abilities are pretty bland aside from that

IMHO blessing should revive downed allies within a certain radius and give a 5-10 sec period of invul that cannot be enhanced (in addition to its current full heal, but still radius limited)

link should provide a large dmg reduction, but NOT complete invul, and then let mods increase the amount of links available to trin, maybe have the # of links enhance the dmg reduc, there are so many MORE interesting ways this power could be implemented

just like valkyr's hysteria should just give dmg reduc and more lifesteal instead of invul (this promotes more aggressive combat to stay alive unlike its current state)

rhino's iron skin was removed from god-mode to its current iteration and that was good, snow globe now has limits, every other pure invul power ingame needs the 'treatment'

it will be better in the long run

That's not really the problem. The problem is that while well of life, energy vampire and link are pretty mediocre; blessing is amazing. 

Really, more than anything Trinity needs a rework, there is no reason not to spam blessing, given her other powers aren't that good, all they're there to do is supplement blessing. A power which gives effective invincibility for up to 30 seconds, over the entire map was shockingly bad and an ill thought out power. Did no one actually think that this was going to be abused to the extreme? 

It's the wider issue with ult powers throughout this game. It's easier to spam 4, even if combining powers might be more effective or working with a team, because it's the most efficient way to deal damage and the other powers are primarily crap. Look at Oberon, you will never see anyone play void missions using Oberon who does not spam 4, namely because his other abilities are poor so they lack the utility to make anything other than spamming 4 remotely viable.

The same mentality can be said of Nova with MP, AMD does more damage, Null star can even cause critical hits now and Worm hole gives great maneuverability. But spamming 4 gives way more benefits and is easier to pull off, so you'll see most people spam 4. 

Volt's Overload is the same, it's incredibly situational and a 1 use power before diminishing returns, compared to shock which is infinitely more useful. 

Look at Nekros, he's there for desecrate as Soul Punch is poor and fiddly to target, Terrify, it's crap frankly and SoTD? Well the less said about that one the better. 

Rhino's bacon helm, it creates a complete imbalance. 

I can keep going, but suffice to say that the game has some major issue which need addressing at the fundamental power design lvl, currently they seem to be tinkering around the edges, but fixing nothing. Frost, perfect example of a frame with CC abilities, which is actually bad at CC leading to the spam of SG. Yet, the best idea was to hit SG with a stick. Huh?

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

But how nerf balance that?

No more invulnerability? We lost a real specific aspect of trinity gameplay.

Expensive cost, short time? How a new player can use this skill without all the abusive buff.

We can keep invulnerability on blessing, but as I suggestion

damage from her guns and friends can't do the damage to her when "Link is active while blessing"

so, she can't kill the monster by this combo anymore.

In my opinion, she is a support warframe then why not focus on that.

may be sound strange, but I really think like this.

but i'm not a troll T_T

please understand

and sorry for my word that ask DE to nerf her ability

I don't know what to say something like that

may be should ask for opinion from others people.

Edited by Clear_Water

Odd, because I can't recall the last time a Trinity was the kill leader in any given mission. Link can't hit nearly the amount of enemies a single Ogris rocket could take out by itself. I mean its an adorable tactic, but it doesn't even come remotely close to your everyday AOE Nuke ability.

Ogris is doing it wrong; you need to use Stug.

Why do you instead not use it 

i think its a neat combination 

people have misconstrued and subjective ideas of "skill and challenging" in a PVE game and with talks about balance they sound utterly ridiculous to say the least

your construct fails because it appeals to the lowest common denominator...

yourself

and you pretty much dont know what your are talking about 

Edited by (PS4)pmnovaroadspilot

29b7207bd4b4675cfe2c633d39474e11247a2925

you meant to direct that to him lol

im of the mindset that 

you dont know what you are talking about because its impossible to not agree with me 

in all seriousness why would something need to be nerfed because its "too easy" or savy or dare i say creative 

the op suggests we nerf something because he does not like that it works so well 

that speaks to his opinion and his way of playing 

sometimes in life you should just realize that its more about you and keep it that way. 

if i dont like a tv show i dont call for it to be cancelled i simply dont watch it 

GASP! 

this is applicable to the situation that we are talking about right now because the op can simply....

NOT USE THE COMBINATION. 

stop infringing your playstyle on others... specially if its something as trivial as this 

and when we dont read we get silly posts such as yours 

i would hope next time you can learn to comprehend what you are reading 

Awesome topic 1st post i really dunno how much time did you played this game, anyways if you don't like it it's your choise stop with this chidlish things like OMG OP pls nerf cus i just can't get over Frost nerf for no reason.

Edited by Histori

Trinity used to be stronger, so I really think she doesn't need to be nerfed on this thing (her only way to deal damage). 

The real "problem" with Trinity is that having one in your team often means "you can't die, hehehe". 

I would bring back the invulnerability on "Link", and modify blessing like this : 

Refill health and shields of any ally in a 100m radius and grants them 50% damage reduction for X seconds.

you meant to direct that to him lol

im of the mindset that 

you dont know what you are talking about because its impossible to not agree with me 

in all seriousness why would something need to be nerfed because its "too easy" or savy or dare i say creative 

the op suggests we nerf something because he does not like that it works so well 

that speaks to his opinion and his way of playing 

sometimes in life you should just realize that its more about you and keep it that way. 

if i dont like a tv show i dont call for it to be cancelled i simply dont watch it 

GASP! 

this is applicable to the situation that we are talking about right now because the op can simply....

NOT USE THE COMBINATION. 

stop infringing your playstyle on others... specially if its something as trivial as this 

and when we dont read we get silly posts such as yours 

i would hope next time you can learn to comprehend what you are reading 

Oh I read your post, it was incoherent drivel. 

I'll leave this, to explain the issues of balance for you, as I don't feel like banging my head against a brick wall.

Oh I read your post, it was incoherent drivel. 

I'll leave this, to explain the issues of balance for you, as I don't feel like banging my head against a brick wall.

nope im sorry 

this isnt about skill its preference its a PVE game

you care about skill 

if i was playing guilty gear or tekken i would care about skill 

you failed the moment you misread my post because you brought up a irrelevant point 

he thinks its cheap 

i dont care 

the difference is hes trying to make a change that affects my end because i like the ability 

when he could simply refrain from using said ability 

your post is fail and you need to read better 

yep watch the video and it talks about fighting games which i can tell from the jump the creator of the vid has no @(*()$ idea what hes talking about Lighting legs is op ROFLMFAO

by relating that video apparently neither do you  

comparing competition to PVE 

lol

Edited by (PS4)pmnovaroadspilot