Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Prime Golden Iron Skin Feedback Megathread

HourGlazc

I'll agree that I wish they'd kept the color customization for IS in there.
Personally, I think it looks like a lot of people here already pointed out: Like it's covered by dried up goop/paint that's coming off, or like a weird, albeit deadly, banana.

As such, I wish/hope it'll become optional sooner rather than later.

• 3 weeks later...

regarding rhino prime and his iron skin wich looks more like a gold skin, what the final decision? you remake its apereance or you let it the way it is now? can any dev answer this pls, is very imp for me. thx

I recently get Rhino Prime, and his common version, Rhino. I played the Prime first, seeing the gold Iron Skin, ok, was thinking it will be juste a grey skin for Rhino. i play Rhino, SURPRISE !! It isn't just a grey skin, it's a skin relly looking like it's renforcing Rhino letting the colors appear, and with great reflects on its surface, with the color of current energy.

I'm just asking a question to people asking for gold Iron Skin : WHY THE HELL HAVE YOU ASKED FOR THAT ?? It's perfectly horrible compared to the standard Iron SKin !! Maybe it's not enough Rhino Prime has a key turning on his back like those old toys you have to rewind ?? Do you EVEN KNOW that gold is a soft metal ?? How the f*** can it be used to protect anything from shots ?

And now i ask this to DEs : i don't mind if you have pressure from morons don't having any good taste of what's good-looking, but please, give us an option to choose beetween this marvellous standard Iron Skin and this... This... I don't have the words, this other thing they're asking for !! PLEEAAAAASE !!

And Iron is a brittle metal and will shatter and spall when you fire a gun at it, how would it protect anything from sci-fi small arms? Don't go the 'realism' route in Warframe, it just doesn't fit the theme and makes you look like one of those... who did you call the people disagreeing with you? Ah yes, morons.

Anyway, I'd like the ability to select between iron/gold skin, as they work well (or not so well) with different color shemes and I like to mix things up from time to time. So I support the petition for an option to choose between the two variants, even if I don't like the way you ask for it.

First of all

Just because it's golden doesn't mean it's gold

Ever heard of other elements?

Did you know that there's a @(*()$ crystal (yes a crystal) that looks like gold and its practically useless?

Second... Like it @(*()$ matters if it's gold or not because slicing and enemy in half with a bow from a dude who finds you with hell knows what tool is fully normal, amitite?

Third... I like it.

If you hate it then play normal rhino and don't use the extra polarity and the fact that in the void you have certain buffs

I recently get Rhino Prime, and his common version, Rhino. I played the Prime first, seeing the gold Iron Skin, ok, was thinking it will be juste a grey skin for Rhino. i play Rhino, SURPRISE !! It isn't just a grey skin, it's a skin relly looking like it's renforcing Rhino letting the colors appear, and with great reflects on its surface, with the color of current energy.

I'm just asking a question to people asking for gold Iron Skin : WHY THE HELL HAVE YOU ASKED FOR THAT ?? It's perfectly horrible compared to the standard Iron SKin !! Maybe it's not enough Rhino Prime has a key turning on his back like those old toys you have to rewind ?? Do you EVEN KNOW that gold is a soft metal ?? How the f*** can it be used to protect anything from shots ?

And now i ask this to DEs : i don't mind if you have pressure from morons don't having any good taste of what's good-looking, but please, give us an option to choose beetween this marvellous standard Iron Skin and this... This... I don't have the words, this other thing they're asking for !! PLEEAAAAASE !!

He has a decent point. It would be nice to change the tint color of the Iron Skin. 

Now it looks even worst. Please roll it back, at least the former one doesn't have scratched paint.

Rhino prime having same IS texture as basic Rhino just made all the farming hours worthless.

10293798_10152056215472116_8235699578718

Edited by Nokton

Do you EVEN KNOW that gold is a soft metal ?? How the f*** can it be used to protect anything from shots ?

It's never stated to be gold. It's the same metal that the orokin seem to use on all of their creations, and it definitely has a pigmentation similar to gold, but this is from another world. We have no idea what it is, or what it's properties are.

Yes, the "oro" in orokin is gold, but they also aren't Japanese, it's just an arbitrary name.

First off, I completely and totally disagree with your opinion stating that the 'Old' Iron skin is 'superior' in terms of style.  I say this for multiple reasons:

1.  It was Grey.  The DULLEST color imaginable.

2.  It was blocky, and didn't even cover all of Rhino.

3.  The 'rocks' did NOT fit in with the idea of 'SKIN' when I pictured the word IRON SKIN.

Second off.  This, again, is just my personal opinion but, I feel like the 'Golden' or 'New' Iron Skin is justified because:

1.  It is a PRIMED WARFRAME.  Keyword.  PRIMED.  99.999% of anything Orokin related has GOLD SOMEWHERE on said items.

2.  It is the next step in Primed Warframe differentiation.  Before Rhino Prime there was no REAL difference between a Primed Warframe and a 'Vanilla' Warframe save for 'Goldylocks parts' and 'MP switches' in the void.

Thirdly.  Although I completely agree that a turning key is not what I wanted in Rhino Primes image, the Art Director Mynki (sorry if I spelled your name wrong) has stated before that he gives each warframe their own...drawback.  Its the equivalent to banshees Clod/Clopper shoes and so on.

Fourthly.  How can you even ATTEMPT to bring realism into a Sci-fi game.  I repeat.  SCI-FI.  That means, SCIENCE FICTION.  Keyword.  FICTION. What you did is like asking why no one in Harry Potter used guns.  Or why no one in the Lord of the Rings just used a Cell Phone.  On top of THAT pure iron is soft.  Softer even than Aluminum.  And last time I checked you can crush Aluminum foil in your hands similar to toilet paper

Fifthly.  Calling anyone who does not agree with your...choice of style...a moron only implies that you yourself are both small and closed minded.  If you REALLY dislike the 'New' Iron skin THAT much then simply continue to use the 'Vanilla' Rhino.  That way, you keep your 'Old' Iron Skin, you don't have the spinning key on your backside, and you don't end up looking like an unintelligent individual whining about not getting exactly what he wants, how he wants it.