The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alerts At Untimely Hours

Mesyra

I'm loving this game a lot, it's amazing,  the missions are fun,  the alerts are cool, I love DE for giving us nice things, but it seems like the only "good" alerts, as in alerts that I "need" for a personal task, happen within the 8 hour period that I'm asleep, I'm in the East Coast of USA, I'm not sure where DE or at least the development team for warframe is based off of, but I do find it frustrating to wake up in the morning with a mile long list of alerts from Twitter that I never will get to do,  I could care less about the 3200 credit alerts,  but make alerts with nice thing,  like vauban parts 6 hours, and forma and reactor and catalysts for 12 hours, I'm sure a lot of people over here on the east coast would appreciate it, it's the most heart breaking thing seeing the last piece of my precious vauban lost forever cause I had to sleep :|

This would also help for people in school,  as even more alerts are missed because of school. 

If this is in the wrong section please move it,  I don't forum very well.. Lol

Happens quite often. About an hour or two after I log out, potatoes and Vauban parts rain down and all I can do is look at the alert page and wonder why I could not hold out another hour. I basically need to change my sleep pattern in order to play this game.

That wouldn't really be an alert now would it? Oh something popped up, hmm...nha i'll just do it 11h and 55 mins from now.

I get the frustrating part, however it's fair enough. Some people will miss stuff one time, others another. And as DE probably have people buying "the good stuff" handing it to pretty much everyone isn't such a good bussiness plan.

I was actually about to say something about this. It's ungodly how late some stuff shows up, like infestation outbreaks, invasions, and alerts with nice awards. Not everyone has insomnia DE. :P

I have insomnia! lol

But yeah, I always get an alert for something I want, as I'm walking out the door for work.  

OP-DE's offices are in Montreal, I think.  They mentioned a couple times about quick New York trips, so...?  

As far as wanted alert parts, could use one of the apple Android store apps that make this awful noise when something pops up.  Upside is that it has a filter, so it's not "B-WAAA!!" ing at you every few minutes.  Or if you have someone you trust with you account information that is awake during that time and can get it for you.

EDIT: Android, not Apple.

Extending the alerts by 10-15 minutes would be reasonable, but the point behind the alerts is that it creates a sense of urgency.  10 hr alerts would be more like; Whenever you have a chance, could you do this thing, maybe?

Edited by Noamuth

And here we see the two types of gamers.  Lol.  Alright,  get over missing something I've waited for nearly three months to get, on it,  and I'll get over missing delicious potatoes, now what about everyone else? All I'm saying is extend alert missions to a longer time frame to give more people who work and you know,  use that sleep thing, to have a chance to get nice things too

Keep an eye on the Twitter warframe alerts. Everything comes around eventually.  You can also ask around in your clan and see if someone has any extras. I gave away three Aura mods last night to a new clan member. In a good clan your officers are generally more than willing to help if they can.

Shouldn't post things like this on the forum it brings out the worst in some people and you will begin to hate the community for their dumb replies...

Not all of them though... Some will try relate and discuss it with you.

Vauban helm alerts only appear between 1am-5am on work nights my time, very irritating but then I think about the Potato I got from this mornings alert and feel bad for the guys that missed it.

Two points:

1. This game is played all over the world and if it's incovenient for you it's likely convenient for someone else.

2. Selection bias -you only notice and are complaining about the the alerts you notice happening outside your comfortable play time but I am quite sure some one on the other side of the world from you is saying the same thing about things you have gotten from alerts.  

just give it time there is no guaranty nor should there be an expectation that you will get everything quickly or easily if you want it for free.

Alerts don't seem to agree with me either. All day that I played yesterday, I mostly saw credit alerts and one forma bp later in the night. But at around 2pm, when I normally wouldn't be awake(I was doing a project) an Orokin Catalyst alert popped up. That said, it is entirely RNG based, it just sucks sometimes.

I was actually about to say something about this. It's ungodly how late some stuff shows up, like infestation outbreaks, invasions, and alerts with nice awards. Not everyone has insomnia DE. :P

Not everyone lives where you live.  Whenever something is horribly late for you it will be just perfect for someone else.

I for one am totally fine with this current system as it doesn't favour players in certain timezones.

ever break a wish bone?

you got the smaller part, but I am sure you will get to try again.

I say leave it as is, as it adds what little bit of mystery to obtaining things you want this game has.

without random events, things tend to get stale.

EDIT: extended time would only garnish the exclusivity of said item you are gunning for. 

Edited by (PS4)Complex_Serenity

I use to get upset at the alerts popping up at times when I was asleep and at work abnd doing something else. I thought "This sucks, I will never get this stuff" Believe it or not I actually have Vauban built with parts from alerts. I do not have all the Aura mods, but I have all the aura mods that I need. Have a little faith and it will come sooner or later.