Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Retune *all* The Frames! (11/19: Wildfire)

Archwizard

Aegis: "Grant your allies divine protection by overcharging ally shields and blessing your allies with invulnerability to statuses."

> Has infinite range like Trinity's Blessing.

> Player's Shields become Proto Shields

> Greatly improves Shield Recharge Rates

> While ability is active, players are unaffected by status procs.

> lasts for 6/8/10/12 seconds

> affected by Strength and Duration mods

Dont think we're gonna see that name ever used for an ability. Silva + Aegis is the name of the upcoming sword and board.

I often regret the large number of frames we have available to us, since it means that they'll essentially never receive the individual attention that they deserve. A much smaller, more developed, and more diverse cast would've been a much more preferable situation, IMO. Too late to change it now however, like many of war frames problems this is a sickness in its core.

Give Crush a Puncture proc and a ragdoll at the end of the animation.  This will match the description and make it worth using.  Pull should group enemies together (with a stagger) instead of the random throwing it does now. 

that sounds pretty useful. reducing their Damage could be considered along the lines of smashing their bones.

that being said, i like the way Pull yanks Enemies, but it indeed should be less random. but i like the concept of how it works, because it's very satisfying.

i'm sure we can find a medium that will be less 'throw enemies in a random place' and more controlled, while still functioning in the same general fashion.

Dont think we're gonna see that name ever used for an ability. Silva + Aegis is the name of the upcoming sword and board.

I made the name of this skill before the naming of the shield/sword weapon. I'll think up a new name.

I made the name of this skill before the naming of the shield/sword weapon. I'll think up a new name.

Pretty sure you didn't make the name. I expect its been used as a generic name on every concept for a defensive skill. both to replace existing frame abilities and in the fan concepts forum.

Give Crush a Puncture proc and a ragdoll at the end of the animation.  This will match the description and make it worth using.  Pull should group enemies together (with a stagger) instead of the random throwing it does now. 

Well that's the weird thing: Pretty sure the description is that it crushes enemies, which would make Impact damage more fitting.

Well that's the weird thing: Pretty sure the description is that it crushes enemies, which would make Impact damage more fitting.

Blade Storm has shown us that you can give an ability a proc that is different from its damage type, so it could deal Impact or Magnetic but still have a Puncture proc.

Edited by RealPandemonium

the Bladestorm example is absolutely correct - Bladestorm deals 'Finisher' Damage, but creates a Slash Effect based on the Finisher Damage.

so Warframe can definitely handle this.

*sits in silence several minutes*

*looks up at OP*

*slow, deliberate clap*

*clapping intensifies*

*stands up, and a roaring standing ovation greets OP*

*OP is hired on by DE and his concepts turn Warframe into the game that it was originally intended to be*

Edit: Saryn Comments

Your ideas for Saryn.... I just.... I was almost crying with happiness when I read those. An aura that would passively pop venom sacks for me, that required melee range.... It's beyond brilliant (but power strength would have to dictate how many per second it could pop, up to 5 or so) it's skill synergy that is just missing right now.

Edited by Bernkastal

Well, Oberon tells us they're willing to do split damage on abilities. And it's called Crush, but according to the descriptions it happens from the inside out. Which would probably be a pretty complex, and incredibly painful but that should be obvious, sensation. I doubt you could strictly define it as an impact in the same way an exterior force pressing on all sides would be. You could make it deal finisher damage as well, and then give it the puncture proc like Bladestorm, or you could give it split puncture/impact. 

Anything that highlights the actually complexity of the force that happens.

I have one more for trinity

WoL/EV can be recasted again on a new target restarting the skill and removing effects from old target

if WoL is reverted back to let us revive like it used to do (way back it used to, downplayers could shoot it and revive) then being able to change the target to one closer to a fallen teammate would be nice

*Applauds* OP, sir, you have won Warframe and my respect. Congratulations.

Every single one of your changes was magnificent. The only thing I would add is utility against the infested for Loki's Radial Disarm, perhaps becoming Radial Confuse to reduce chargin mobs rather than creating them for other factions.

The only thing I would add is utility against the infested for Loki's Radial Disarm, perhaps becoming Radial Confuse to reduce chargin mobs rather than creating them for other factions.

Well, with the new Mutalist enemy type, there's actually a somewhat fitting target for Radial Disarm to affect instead; Radial Disarm disables the ability for Ospreys to fly, and given the annoyed responses garnered by players towards the Mutalist Osprey, it should be just as affected.

About Mag... Bullet Attractor doesn't need the explosion removed, it needs to benefit from power strength. Doing that would make her viable against infested. Take the explosion away and she'll be useless vs the infested, more than she is right now. Cost reduced to 50.

About Mag... Bullet Attractor doesn't need the explosion removed, it needs to benefit from power strength. Doing that would make her viable against infested. Take the explosion away and she'll be useless vs the infested, more than she is right now. Cost reduced to 50.

Being able to knock the infested on their &#! indefinitely is useless?  I agree about reducing the cost, though. 

Edited by RealPandemonium

Please provide the prime warframes with 2 new abilities to seperate them from their counter parts.

Example: provide Loki Prime with tate ability. He would lock in 12 victims and slash through them with blicking speed.

Loki could also have a sickle and chain ability.

Mag Prime could have a push ability.have her magnetize her melee weapons for extra damage, she can throw them and pull them back.

Ember Prime would summon a fire dragon. Her other ability she would make it rain lava rocks.

Frost Prime would spray ice (ice man). His other ability would be ice traps.

They would still have their original abilities but we would now have the option to use them or the new alternate abilities.

Its an incentive to farm for prime warframes.

Regarding Saryn, a lot of different opinions went into her play-style alone; is she a caster, is she an escape artist, is she a tank. I heard someone in this thread say something about her having a self-sustaining mechanic and I thought of this because she is a walking biohazard and enemies that she infects should be able to breath life back into her.

Saryn plays like a battlemage or a melee warlock in that she rejuvenates health for every dot she applies, meaning she has to keep enemies close to re-apply dots as necessary. This build will kill any kind of ranged damage setups. 

1.(Wither): Saryn wrings herself out (like a rag) releasing viral spores in an area around her. Would look similar to the orange spheres in the breeding ground. Saryn heals for a % of the health enemies lost. Skill persists for a duration after the cast and can be re-applied (doesn't stack, just refreshes health steal value).

2.(Fields of Punishment {too greek?}): When Saryn kills an enemy with a melee weapon, she takes a portion of their blood to feed her saplings which she can throw on the ground to create a field of slain enemies. Any warframe can hide inside the field for a pseudo-stealth effect. Enemies will be taunted towards the battalion of their allies to see where the hell they sprouted (I made a funny) from and will fire at the plants when close enough to realize just that. Enemies inside the field can see all Warframes and will attack. The field also gives off toxic damage and funnel energy to Saryn when foes die (she needs a skill that returns energy, even if a little, just not sure if it should be this skill).

3.(Ensnare): Saryn sends out rosethorn vines that ensnare enemies causing slash damage (bleed procs) and pulling them into her killing floor. The reason for slash damage is, logically, open wounds can fester and get infected easier; increasing dot damage (Maybe this skill could have the energy steal, it would make more sense to have roots bring her nourishment like bringing water to a tree through the earth). ---> The ability would activate like a sun, meaning that it's in an aoe around her, followed by shafts of light radiating outwards. <--- this is a metaphor.

4.(Biohazard): Saryn vents the toxins in her body through her pores creating a gas cloud that envenoms her melee weapon with corrosive acid and can also apply other toxic dots if she is still receiving health from afflicted enemies, effectively allowing her to take all her dots on the move. This skill has a base cost and a persistent drain so after you've cleared a room, as long as Biohazard was active and you have sufficient energy, it is possible to run into enemies and apply every dot all at once. I know corrosive isn't a dot and it doesn't act like one; instead, the first proc on an enemy gives Saryn that armor as a pseudo-Iron Skin. Which means that even after the dots trail off damage-wise in endless missions, the armor stolen won't.

If anyone has read to this point, you will know that this entire post is from right off the top of my head. While I was reading this thread, I wanted to get this idea out there, which is why there are no numbers or statistics; and no, I don't know if or how toxic elements on weapons should effect her healing. You may also have noticed that these abilities effectively kill any and all of Saryns ranged ability. I only got to page 7 of this thread before I needed to write this down, so I have no idea how much of Saryn was discussed and if all these ideas I just made are irrelevant. But I still like the archetype here and would like to hear some feedback on just how stupidly under/over-powered I made this.

ooh, ooh I forgot about ash idea. How about his shuriken has a targeted ragdoll effect? You throw one shuriken and it has to be aimed, no face the enemy and hit 1. If you hit a leg, it becomes useless and the target can't really move anymore. Hit an arm and accuracy turns to $&!*, hit both arms and he has to run at you and tackle or headbutt if he doesn't outright run away. Hit both legs though, and enemies with guns and use of both arms are essentially prone snipers with headshot damage.

Excalibur- I think he needs  a bese status change to be more like valkyr for melle combat .

Slash Dash  maybe proc like Ash Shuriken

Radial Blind good how it is....

Super Jump add stun when he lads or maybe change it compleat and add a buff that will give him stun imunity and mobility .

Radial Javelin add punch truough change the dmg from impact,puncture,slash and  make it Finisher and maybe increase the dmg  nerf the post animation from 2.5 to 1 or 0.5  add more javelin make them hit and the target that are up 

Edited by Flyghter

Slash Dash  maybe proc like Ash Shuriken

Super Jump add stun when he lads or maybe change it compleat and add a buff that will give him stun imunity and mobility .

Radial Javelin add punch truough change the dmg from impact,puncture,slash and  make it Finisher and maybe increase the dmg  nerf the post animation from 2.5 to 1 or 0.5  add more javelin make them hit and the target that are up 

- perhaps a Slash Effect is reasonable. 

- perhaps a microstun when jumping, and a stun when landing?

- i'm not really sure i see changing Radial Javelin to Finisher would be a good thing. it would nuke harder.... but the Power would be blander.

as it is, the IPS Damage means that some Enemies will Bleed, some will deal less Damage, and some will get stunned when he uses the Power.

if it's still IPS Damage, i could see increasing the Status Chance to 100% if it isn't already, though i don't think it is.

shortening the Animation a bit would be a good Quality of Life change, so the Power can still feel good, but not simultaneously feel bad due to Animation Locking for so long.

definitely would like to see Piercing on those Javelins though. guaranteed one Pierce perhaps? that way the 'Dual Skana' spears could have one in each Enemy when they get stapled to the walls.

as for more Javelins, Power Strength can already increase Javelin to have 36 projectiles, that's... quite a few.

-Prime alternate abilities-

-Saryn alternate abilities-

In terms of the Primes, some already have stat improvements while the others still have improvements coming. As for Saryn, that's making an entirely new frame.

For Banshees sonic boom, I would rather they give it the volt shock treatment and make it not interrupt reloading/firing instead of increasing an already  large area of effect, but a damage boost would be nice, just doesn't compare to the 1 skill on some other frames.

Added to the OP.

Honestly it's hard to say what Super Jump needs. The suggestion to give it a shockwave stun ended up spawning Heavy Impact, and it already increases slam attack damage (albeit in large spaces) - plus Zephyr makes suggestions in that field a bit redundant.

For the 10 energy it costs, I think it's fine as is! It's a very useful mobility tool for players still getting used to parkour, and increasing it even to a stun would be enough for DE to bump up the cost (just look at Molt...). Granted, I know that it's underwhelming for the players who would prefer to see Excalibur as a dedicated melee frame, but he is first and foremost designed to accommodate beginners.

Wow, this is really good, I only add to Loki that his hologram would actually draw the weapons you carry!! Not just a stand ugly gun... We got SotD that can rez even Specters in the Dark sectors mission and enemy unites that are rez have THEIR weapons... WHY has this Hologram not been improve with these other awesome updates... *sight*

Oh, and ASH hologram blade storm NEED to be change to shadowy clones, Holograms should be unique to Loki... plus they look horrible... they don't even take color like Loki's one...

Anyway agree with everything including poor Oberon... his Warframe is so cool looking his powers don't do him any justice hope they fix him...