Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Retune *all* The Frames! (11/19: Wildfire)

Archwizard

What, like Contagion?

i think (s)he meant like, Enemies take +25% Damage (random number) from all sources or something, rather than the god awfulness of Contagion.

which would benefit Melee and Shotguns very much, with longer Ranged Weapons also, but more clumsily.

... that and I doubt lowering shields would help much, considering Toxin's properties.

lol.

being more potent in the 'Toxin' theme than Saryn can be fixed, since there's two Abilities that definitely need atleast some work, one of which brings nothing to the table at all whatsoever for Gameplay.

Chroma has 4 Abilities, so i could say it isn't a 'fair' comparison to make so long as Saryn possesses '2.5' Abilities.

my poisonous/venomous snake / Disease spreader will be complete, someday.

I think Heat Ward is oriented more as a CC for the Heat proc chance.  

I'd considered that, but in terms of practicality, that's 10% chance to proc Heat every second they're in proximity, versus 25% chance to proc Electric every time I'm hit (keeping in mind that we're used to fighting enemies whose light units have automatic or burst rifles, meaning this actually procs more frequently), with scaling damage, and innate AoE from the proc.

Electric Ward pretty much outpaces that in every respect.

Edited by Archwizard

Honestly, what I'm really wondering is why Heat Ward's damage doesn't scale, if that's the case... Electric Ward does, and it CCs far more effectively...

I wouldn't be surprised if it was wasn't tested much/bugged. When I use it against infested or whatever I only see like 45 damage pop up with like 180% power strength. Combined with a stupid low proc chance its not all that great, tho it could be that way on purpose to not make ember look worse than she already is.

Interesting. Still, the benefits it offers are rather lackluster compared to the potent healing/cc/damage reduction of the other three elements. What if the toxin ward also increased the amount of damage that enemies take? I'd suggest it lowering their armor/health/shields, but I feel that an overall damage buff would be an effective - if not safe and boring - option. Could be particularly useful for the melee-based gameplay that toxin ward promotes.

What if the Toxic ward's poison AoE was more of a  short range projectile? Since it, in theory, does more damage than Heat Ward, it would make sense that is has a sort-of drawback to go with it. Nothing crazy, just something like, enemies within X meters have a slow moving poison projectile launched in their direction. I see this potentially helping with melee builds to help soften up the enemy before you dive into them.

I'd considered that, but in terms of practicality, that's 10% chance to proc Heat every second they're in proximity, versus 25% chance to proc Electric every time I'm hit (keeping in mind that we're used to fighting enemies whose light units have automatic or burst rifles, meaning this actually procs more frequently), with scaling damage, and innate AoE from the proc.

Electric Ward pretty much outpaces that in every respect.

Are we sure that power strength doesn't affect the proc chance?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was wasn't tested much/bugged. When I use it against infested or whatever I only see like 45 damage pop up with like 180% power strength. Combined with a stupid low proc chance its not all that great, tho it could be that way on purpose to not make ember look worse than she already is.

It's crazy how many threads just have a random person trash talking Ember just for the sake of it.  Ember's fine; the game is #*($%%@ up.  She's even fine despite the game being #*($%%@ up.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

Are we sure that power strength doesn't affect the proc chance?

if it did, it still wouldn't be that impressive. 28.4% Fire Status Chance with absolute maximum Power Strength?

and 18.5% without Blind Rage.

(and i can't say Ember is 'perfect as is', but yes, is definitely not quite as bad as chalked up to be - still issues like any other Warframe though)

I had a thought for Iron Skin, inspired by Nullifiers.

What if Iron Skin prevented itself from taking more than a capped amount of damage per second? Perhaps even redirecting any excess?

It would allow it to last a minimum duration without needing to rehash Snow Globe...

I heard that they where changing Excalibur.
taking way super jump, my advice here is...

Radial Javelin : Gets the javelins shielding you from bullets/melee(canceling all damage or giving damage reduction). These Javelin's will float around you and scale with the ability.
4/8/16 Javelins. They will scale on continuity and will be able to get a Toggle skill.

Once the javelings is recast, they will burst out as the move we know called "Radial Javeling" hitting everything in it's sight and... the usual.

Defensive power and also Offensive.

I heard that they where changing Excalibur.
taking way super jump, my advice here is...

Radial Javelin : Gets the javelins shielding you from bullets/melee(canceling all damage or giving damage reduction). These Javelin's will float around you and scale with the ability.
4/8/16 Javelins. They will scale on continuity and will be able to get a Toggle skill.

Once the javelings is recast, they will burst out as the move we know called "Radial Javeling" hitting everything in it's sight and... the usual.

Defensive power and also Offensive.

Augments, dude. Augments.

Plus we have no idea what kind of defensive power his ultimate will give him. Just the new energy wave slashes, or Hysteria's damage immunity?

Don't see a need for Mesa's Shatter Shield to be removed. Just gotta amp that damage reduction to help Mesa survive in T4Survs (30 mins of T3Surv is her limit, where anything can just one-shot her)

I agree that it's not a priority "need" either, hence why it was marked as "Extra Considerations".

Honestly, a lot of Mesa's kit feels like they weren't shooting for "Gunslinger" so much as... gun-elemental, particularly with her inexplicable wall of ballistic protection that makes zero sense as a skill for a sharpshooter to have (Good complement! Hamfisted concept.). The Considerations tab was written to try and project her closer toward her aesthetic.

Edited by Archwizard

I've had a few ideas for Nova's Molecular Prime sitting around for awhile now, and this feels like the best place to share them.

Molecular Prime has become more of a CC tool for late game than a damage nuke like it was intended. The explosion damage, although massive, falls off in late game, making the damage increase and slowing effects be the only reason it's useful. I have a solution to make Molecular Prime's damage scale far into endgame:

-Slowing and damage bonus effects removed. Slowing effect added back in as an augment. Negative power strength no longer increases enemy speed.

-Explosion damage now equals 100% of the max effective health of the enemy that died. Effective health is calculated based on armor, health, and shields, and equals the total amount of damage needed to kill the enemy.

-Explosion damage can be increased by power strength.

This means that Molecular Prime's explosions would deal more damage in higher level missions. When an enemy explodes, it would kill all enemies around it that have the same effective health, allowing it to be a powerful nuke far into endgame. Heavy units would also deal more explosion damage than lighter units, rewarding killing tougher targets. With a power strength build, you can eliminate some of the margin of error, and with enough strength, the explosions of lighter units might be able to kill heavies. Also, it would mean the death of Speed Novas, which have always frightened and confused me.

So I've got a few ideas for Nekros. While I'll admit that I haven't really played as him, and therefore my reasonings are either arbitrary or based off of conjecture, there are some things with him that just don't feel right, and I want to give it a shot regardless. Feedback would be welcome.

Soul Punch should be replaced with a new ability called Soul Recall. In a way, it functions similarly to Desecrate while at the same time taking over SotD's role for summoning minions. By aiming at a corpse and using Soul Recall, the corpse will turn into a shadowy clone. Casting Soul Recall again on a shadow clone automatically kills it, making room for different minions. The maximum amount of minions alive at the same time would remain 7 at max rank, and the energy cost should be 25 or lower. To avoid making the ability tedious to use, the animation could be fairly short, or Nekros could be allowed to move while using it. Eximi could retain their orange aura in corpse-form to distinguish them from normal enemies, and the parts of gibbed enemies could count as a single corpse to prevent undesired shenanigans (or only the most recognizable bit could be used). The Soul Survivor augment would allow Nekros to use Soul Recall on allies. 

The reason why I want this change is because, well, Nekros is a necromancer. Resurrecting stuff from the dead is what a Necromancer should do, it should be the focus of the warfame. And to me, it would result in a pretty damn cool playstyle, keeping your personal army up and everything. At the moment, Nekros doesn't really have this focus, possessing a variety of abilities that are death-themed but without much coherence.

Soul Recall would make Nekros more flexible when it comes to building up your personal army. You are no longer reliant on your teammates not killing a crucial eximus, nor do you have to keep track of the enemies you kill yourself, which to be honest seems like a rather clunky mechanic. Instead, you are free to choose who you bring back from the dead to aid you, be it at a slower pace.

I'm not entirely certain whether or not they should die after a certain duration. It works for SotD, but it becomes kind of annoying when you want to keep a full army up all the time. I'd instead make it so that their health slowly decreases, so that you can still keep them standing with an ability like Soul Siphon. 

With Soul Recall taking the minion-summoning duties over, SotD gets replaced with a new ultimate called Sacrifice. Sacrifice consumes all your existing minions to the benefit of you and your teammates. I am not entirely sure what these benefits should be, to avoid encroaching on the roles of other warframes, but I’d make them more offensively oriented. Increased damage, movement speed, and health regeneration seem all like reasonable possibilities to me. It probably needs something beyond that though, either that or needs to be a different kind of ability altogether.

Like I said, please give some feedback if possible, I have little to no personal experience with Nekros.

What if Iron Skin prevented itself from taking more than a capped amount of damage per second? Perhaps even redirecting any excess?

It would allow it to last a minimum duration without needing to rehash Snow Globe...

That ... Hmmmm. Sounds nice. And it defs scales.

Baseline? Baseline would be good.

-snip-

I'd say it's used more as a damage buff, with some CC benefits on the side; a Nova spamming MP for the slow during the last event was typically redundant, since stronger CCers were practically required anyway. The trouble is, without the slow effect on MP, Nova has virtually zero baseline survivability.

As far as your version of MP... I'd say it perhaps is too powerful. Killing one unit automatically guarantees killing all units of equal or lower survivability within a radius of it, and the chain reaction practically guarantees killing anything greater.

Besides... the devs seem to like the speed boost. While very few can use it responsibly, being able to draw units to you at a faster rate has its applications, especially if you can set up harder CCs for them to run to.

-snip-

Funnily enough, I've actually written up very similar to Soul Recall in the past, even dating back to their initial announcements of a necromancer Warframe. Soul Survivor would even make sense if it was attached to that type of skill.

Not sure I'm a fan of Sacrifice, though. The fact that the ultimate's effectiveness is dependent on another ability means that the effective cost of the ultimate increases by 25 for every minion it requires or consumes for the maximum effect.

Edited by Archwizard

Chromas elemental ward should also be able to buff companions at least with the defensive part of it. Neckros, Oberon, and Trinity can heal thier pets Chroma should be able to also buff the survival of companions.

What if Iron Skin prevented itself from taking more than a capped amount of damage per second? 

Chromas elemental ward should also be able to buff companions at least with the defensive part of it. 

Done and done.

here's a thought about Ballistic Battery:

pulls out a Regulator for the shot - because it really should so that you don't need to take specific Weapons in order for it to be useful (or most useful), however.

that Shot from the Regulator (aim and fire it like any other Weapon!) has Infinite Punch-Through, but a limited Range, affected by Power Range (perhaps default of 18m?).

this Shot acts something like a Shotgun Blast. basically hits a cone in front of you.

all Enemies affected take the Damage from Ballistic Battery, and are staggered. perhaps a 10-20% Chance for Blast Status.

use same as currently. when you 'cancel' Ballistic Battery, you put away your weapon and draw a Regulator.

however, to keep to the 'Gunslinger' style and to keep quickness of use, Mesa holsters her current Weapon and draws the Regulator almost instantaneously. yno, 'quickdraw'.

since it acts like a Weapon, you can hold it in your hand as long as you'd like, even not shoot it if you'd like. 'casting' Ballistic Battery again would put it back away, so you can continue charging it or keep that full Charge for a good opportunity.

- - - - -

and now Ballistic Battery wouldn't have to worry about Meta with some Weapons being multiplicatively more effective with Ballistic Battery while others not useful at all - and better still, because Mesa draws a Regulator for this, that gimmick of the Warframe is used for more than one Ability - but best of all, we have more unique looking and feeling Abilties.

it's a lot easier to create Augment(s) for Ballistic Battery if it works this way, as well.

everybody freaking wins.

Edit:

big bonus points if the shot from the Regulator sounds like a Thunderclap, in 'traditional' dramatic gunshot sounds, where the listener is allowed to hear the shot echo off of the land in the background.

Edited by taiiat

I don't know exactly how I can manage any feedback so instead I'll post this. 
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/447888-warframes-my-way-feedback-on-wfs-synergy/

But just to clarify my usefulness... This goes towards Excalibur as a frame.

Radial Javelin : Gets the javelins shielding you from bullets/melee(canceling all damage or giving damage reduction). Will cast 8 javelins around the players(Affected by continuity)If time runs out no energy is used and Javelins dissapear.
Toggle skill.(takes 50 energy)

Radial Javelin : Gets the javelins shielding you from bullets/melee(canceling all damage or giving damage reduction). Will cast 8 javelins around the players(Affected by continuity)If time runs out no energy is used and Javelins dissapear.

Toggle skill.(takes 50 energy)

Augments, dude. Augments.

Plus we have no idea what kind of defensive power his ultimate will give him. Just the new energy wave slashes, or Hysteria's damage immunity?

errr.... if it costs 0 Energy, it's going to be pretty ineffective to keep it balanced.

Guess it came out wrong, I mean if you don't cast the other to send out the radial javeling. It will still take 100 to activate the swords.