Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Retune *all* The Frames! (11/19: Wildfire)

Archwizard

Thought that occurs: What if Mend dynamically healed the party?

At first I was thinking "what if the damage stored in Mend contributes to their effective health", but that would be impossible to balance once you have a Nova in the team churning out 100k finishing blasts to divide amongst the party.

But what if for every second Mend is active, a staggered amount of healing is released? Like Renewal, but you toggle it off for the big heal. It isn't affected by Duration, but is affected by Range and you still have to generate it. Thoughts?

Mend could bleed off 1% per second or so of the damage you store into heals, that'd be interesting. Get it to 2000 damage and your allies have 20 health per second, get it higher and you regen really fast.

It wouldn't totally fix Mend, though, it needs a stagger and proc (like Puncture) to mirror the Slash and Stagger of Maim that gives Day such good utility. I also proposed elsewhere that releasing Mend could disarm or blind enemies in range for a duration based off Stored Damage x Power Duration, because once the dynamic healing gets powerful, there's little incentive to release it.

Haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I've been thinking about Limbo. Specifically, it bothers me that two of his four abilities are dedicated to sending stuff into the rift plane, and I've been thinking about how to combine them.

No other ability has functionality like this right now, but what if holding down the Banish button for about a second made Limbo self-cast it? That frees up an ability slot for something else. Like an AoE Banish? Or something different.

And I believe that I mentioned this before, but I don't like Rift Surge. All it is, is more damage. Would like something more interesting.

Mend could bleed off 1% per second or so of the damage you store into heals, that'd be interesting. Get it to 2000 damage and your allies have 20 health per second, get it higher and you regen really fast.

It wouldn't totally fix Mend, though, it needs a stagger and proc (like Puncture) to mirror the Slash and Stagger of Maim that gives Day such good utility. I also proposed elsewhere that releasing Mend could disarm or blind enemies in range for a duration based off Stored Damage x Power Duration, because once the dynamic healing gets powerful, there's little incentive to release it.

Well people are able to get Maim and Mend up to like a million each. I regularly go for 100,000 in about two waves on defenses. The damage x duration thing would be even more powerful then.

No other ability has functionality like this right now, but what if holding down the Banish button for about a second made Limbo self-cast it? That frees up an ability slot for something else. Like an AoE Banish? Or something different.

My idea for Banish involved holding the key to create a growing radius of Banish that can target a small, controlled AoE. But the idea of making hold-cast Riftwalk? That's brilliant. It could actually work.

Also, Rift Surge needs to be replaced. Outright. It's like a bad version of Eclipse, and out of a kit that already has the issue of being mostly variants of Banish, it's even more of an odd duck.

Well people are able to get Maim and Mend up to like a million each. I regularly go for 100,000 in about two waves on defenses. The damage x duration thing would be even more powerful then.

Honestly, they still need a way to bypass armor scaling or at least negate a significant chunk of it, because that million damage becomes maybe a few thousand after armor.

Doesn't matter how powerful the Damage x Duration gets, if you think about it. If DE wants they can put a maximum cap on the disarm time, but honestly, Loki's Radial Disarm is permanent, can be augmented with Radiation procs, and doesn't need to be charged up like Mend would. Equinox wouldn't replace Loki here.

What I was thinking was:

- Mend bleeds off up to a flat amount of health from the stored amount every second to heal allies within range, affected by Power Strength

- Excess healing from cancelling Mend contributes to Shields and Overshields

- Metamorphosis no longer cancels the effects of Mend or Maim; instead, the cap is shared between both forms. Swapping to Mend will no longer cause Bleed procs, while swapping to Maim will no longer heal allies.

So while it doesn't have quite the mitigation of Blessing, you can bump up the effective cost to make it more versatile in short bursts. Honestly, I think it's a better way to convince players to swap forms frequently than having Metamorphosis buff players.

I think the key here is adding more to the effect of Mend to draw its contributions thin - healing in itself is one of the most powerful utilities available to Warframes, and giving it a maximum potential at a given time will help to increase the frequency of canceling it.

Presently, Equinox is designed such that both halves of each ability will accept exactly the same stat contributions, so as not to create builds that will exclude one form - except Mend & Maim, which are both affected by Power Range and ignore Duration, but Mend ignores Power Strength and Maim uses it for Bleeds. This type of solution would give both halves equal contribution.

Edited by Archwizard

Some people still use Arcane helmet stat modifiers for maximization.

that's nice. the Helmets shouldn't have Stats. as has been said a thousand times, move those sort of specialization Stats to the Warframe, and all Warframes should have them. a sort of 'pick one of these' for your Warframe. with various choices that give bonuses to various aspects of your Warframe, but subtract elsewhere.

have a few generic bonuses and negatives for a little bit more this or that, but preferably most of the choices should be tailored to the specific Warframe. being able to create or reinforce various Playstyles while subtracting something elsewhere.

that's nice. the Helmets shouldn't have Stats. as has been said a thousand times, move those sort of specialization Stats to the Warframe, and all Warframes should have them. a sort of 'pick one of these' for your Warframe. with various choices that give bonuses to various aspects of your Warframe, but subtract elsewhere.

Make the Arcane Helmet effects available to everyone, but as free toggles?

I like this idea. Why I've never heard of it, I don't know.

how about power interacting (ex. Volt and hydroid powers) and comboing powers together (ex.turbulence+tailwind).

Ash

-Shuriken should cost a little less and allow an aiming system for throwing them continuously while your stationary at the cost of more power.  Un-alerted enemies take more damage.

-Smokescreen should be a little quicker and allow for easier stealth kills while invisible.

-Teleport should have ash teleport to a target and drop some smoke pellets creating a cloud that sets other targets up for finishers.  Sjould be easier to aim.

-Blade storm should be reworked into a duration power that directly effects the other powers making them cost less and increase the combo multiplier quicker.  Upon activation he will summon two clones who immediately blade storm a target then go out attacking others for finisher damage and he can freely move around attacking others with the hidden blades.  While active the combo multiplier does not restart and it takes less combos to get to the next multiplier.  Shuriken becomes a little more powerful and he throws 4 instead of 2 and the damage would scale with multiplier.  Smokescreen now creates a smoke cloud that lasts about 5 seconds leaving enemies open to finishers. invisibility damage bonus is increased based on multiplier.  Teleport now does an automatic blade storm on one enemy one time and restarts the clones causing them to do the same.  This would be affected by duration and efficiency. Range determines how far the clones would go and strength effects the damage.

Banshee

-sonic boom is silent and does bonus damage to unalerted enemies. Damage is further increased on enemies affected with sonar.

-sonar goes unchanged for now maybe a wider radius.

-silence should leave enemies stunned longer or until banshee is far away from them.

-Sound Quake should do more ticks then what it does now and do more damage to sonared and silenced enemies.

Ember

-Fire ball, while accelerant is active, will set nearby enemies on fire and stunning them.

-Accelerant now gives ember a white phosphorus aura that increases the chances of setting nearby targets on fire and stunning them.

-With acelerant active fire blasts' circle will have the inside on fire doing more damage.

-WoF will increase potency of accelerant's aura and deal more damage on closer enemies.

Mag

Bullet attractor should be a small version of molecular prime that magnetizes enemies making bullets they fire more likely go to them more depending on power strength.  While new bullet attractor is up all affected enemies are susceptible to shield polarize.  It would also increase the damage of crush on enemies.

Volt

-Shock is effected by speed increasing in radius and spreads over a wider distance hitting more targets.

-Electric shield should shock enemies that pass through it and spreads wider with speed active. 

-Overload spreads quicker and wider with speed and volt is invincible while doing the animation.

Nova

-null star would have an additional effect on antimatter drop and molecular prime and bounce off targets.

-anti matter drop when used with null star would cause a few stars to travel with it to cause additional damage to other nearby enemies then explode.

-worm hole would work in conjunction with anti matter to make the orb travel to the end and immediately explode.

-Molecular Prime would cause all null stars to seek out enemies and bounce off enemies for the duration of the power.

Nyx

Absorb would take in damage of the damage done to enemies under chaos and mind control as well.

No idea what to do with psychic bolts. i guess damage and number of bolts is heavily based off combo multiplier. idk -_-

Valkyr

During hysteria all over her powers are changed and enhanced.  She would also have more range with her melee and every 10 kills add a second to the duration.  Melee will become more fluid and she closes the gap with targets better.

-ripline becomes a double ripline where should would lunge forward while spinning to do heavy slash damage during hysteria or it would allow you to target multiple enemies.  Ripline becomes much easier to aim with.

-During hysteria warcry would cost less and lengthen the claws during hysteria for more trouble.

-During hysteria paralysis hits further in a full circle instead of a regular cone.

Now for the warframes with the dashing abilities need to be able to steer while doing these abilities. duration determines how far you can go while range determines how fast they'd go with the exception of excalibur who goes from target to target.  

Rhino

- Rhino charge would be a long lasting stampede where charge through hordes of enemies. Upon activation you get a armor buff.  this can be increased in strength with iron skin and the range is wider with roar.

- Iron skin would be allowed to be stacked and when roar is active you can go up to 3 giving him spiked armor.

- Rhino stomp would do more damage with roar and iron skin active.  With spiked iron you will cause the layer to explode off to iron skin 2 doing more damage to enemies and buffing his attack damage for the duration of the power.

Zephyr

-Tailwind and dive bomb should be combined.  You should be able to steer zephyr in the same fashion as rhino but aiming in a direction.  (Think super Mario 64)  Damage and radius increases while Turbulence is active.

-New move should be a mini vortex ball that pulls everything in and blows everything away.  Damage and range up with turbulence.

-turbulence would reflect more bullets and increase her melee range.  You float in the air longer.

-Tornado does more damage with turbulence and only stuns targets tat are still alive and flings dead enemies.  Vortex ball would cause the tornadoes to merge together over time making a huge tornado.

Very small suggestion for Nova, rather than a stun for Null star wouldent a radiation proc make more sense (or probably both, as it would stilll be a lackluster ability).

I don't think it would make any more sense, honestly; Nova has no particular attachment to the Radiation element (and Oberon and Mirage already do).

Something that's been dancing around the back of my brain for a little while though, what if the Null Stars did something about incoming projectiles? 

I don't think it would make any more sense, honestly; Nova has no particular attachment to the Radiation element (and Oberon and Mirage already do).

Something that's been dancing around the back of my brain for a little while though, what if the Null Stars did something about incoming projectiles? 

A null star shield? That would instantly make it amazing and shore up Nova's biggest vulnerability, lack of defensive capabilities.

I still want it to be recastable, though, with the augment converting recast into detonation.

A null star shield? That would instantly make it amazing and shore up Nova's biggest vulnerability, lack of defensive capabilities.

I want to say that the Null Star should definitely detonate homing rockets, or at least distract them like the Odonata's Disarray. Perhaps each mote could also give an increasing accuracy debuff to enemies shooting at Nova.

It's just a thought. Personally, I think having it be an anti-melee measure will be enough, coupled with the Antimatter Absorb augment.

I want to say that the Null Star should definitely detonate homing rockets, or at least distract them like the Odonata's Disarray. Perhaps each mote could also give an increasing accuracy debuff to enemies shooting at Nova.

It's just a thought. Personally, I think having it be an anti-melee measure will be enough, coupled with the Antimatter Absorb augment.

No, Nova is sorely lacking in defense. This would instantly solve a day-one problem with her.

(On another note, I would like far more tweaking to Equinox than what you have - but I've lost my posts on that matter.)

Wow cant believe i didnt think of defensive purposes for null stars. And i kno shes fragile and didnt consider it in my post that took hours to think of. On that note why not add a little spice and lets say when your blocking the stars would help reduce dmg further and wen aiming a star would go for a target and you can't get ld stack null up to three times increasing the effects of these features.

No, Nova is sorely lacking in defense. This would instantly solve a day-one problem with her.

(On another note, I would like far more tweaking to Equinox than what you have - but I've lost my posts on that matter.)

Right, but Nova's intended to be the glass cannon. Her main defense is crowd control, like a much more successful version of Ember.

And I might assume the tweaks you mean are connected to... Pacify? Because honestly, most of her kit is pretty solid.

Edited by Archwizard

Right, but Nova's intended to be the glass cannon. Her main defense is crowd control, like a much more successful version of Ember.

And I might assume the tweaks you mean are connected to... Pacify? Because honestly, most of her kit is pretty solid.

Mm. Still, a little defense on her 1 can't hurt. Maybe THAT could be the augment and the current one could be default behavior?

As for Equinox - and this is from a couple weeks of playing almost nothing but her:

Entire kit has horrible range issues, most notably Rest/Rage. Pacify is actually good now, but diminishing effects over range is not particularly a good thing to have. Provoke has some... weirdness with selfbuffing. Metamorphosis... decaying buff is terrible, and there isn't enough incentive to switch much because either the buffs decay too fast to be useful, or you waste most of one whenever you switch anyway.

As for Mend/Maim, I had different ideas for Mend (like the DoT tick being lifesteal), and - here's the thing - I thought both abilities would work differently, charging via DoT ticks that would be repeatedly applied and scaling based on damage dealt, not spiking based on enemy kills (which as far as I've seen is buggy; either crap weapons give you less charge because it relies on overkill somehow, OR it's based on the enemy's current health instead of max). Instead, we get one slash proc and that's it. I can't imagine it would be easy to charge Maim at a level where enemies barely even die (extremely high levels, in particular).

Honestly? I like her. Her kit IS pretty solid... at least in theory. It's just, it needs heavy QoL because the execution is very rough. When it's not four in the morning I'll try to dig out the latest version of my Equinox QoL pass.

Edited by FelisImpurrator

Maim is not a hard CC and it is not supposed to be a spammable CC.

It is a damage multiplier like AMD.

IT SHOULD DO FINISHER DAMAGE on those stacked energy. CP dependent is no good for damage multiplier ability.

Since they don't like the idea of whole team DR buff, I'm pretty sure they wont change Pacify to DR buff

To fix squishy Equinox give Metamorphosis 2 seconds of invulnerability.<Dont worry it's not as spammable as blessing/smoke screen/invisibility I already calculated its energy consumption it's the worst when compare to those 3.

All active abilities and stacked energy change/convert when use metamorphosis

No need to recast. No lost stacked energy.

With these 3 buffs i'm pretty sure Equinox can perform in endgame on par with those Hard CC.

Just gonna put a little idea I had for Hysteria here (can't see the OP, mobile sucks)

- replace abject invincibility with preventing Valkyr from going below 2 health, like QT

- Innate life steal can stay

- Buff base damage of claws to 350

- Innate Berserker effect

- Have the combo counter tick upwards at 1 per sec while Hysteria is active, each hit with the claws adds 2 to the counter (affected by power strength)

- damage is multiplied by how much health Valkyr has lost (like Chroma's fury), capped at 800

- Innate stagger on hit

- Using Paralysis while Hysteria is active increases the range the lower her health is.

Either have the stats scale off mods like Exalted blade, or ADD the stats of your melee weapon to Hysteria's base stats. Not entirely sure of the implications of that other one yet, so I'll default to the EB style of things first. Also, should Hysteria be a constant drain or a one time cast?

Eh?

i assume another person who is emotionally attached to the free upgrade of the Vanguard Helmet and is butthurt that someone knows that objectively is way out of bounds compared to the other Stats for the rest of the Helmets.