Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alt Helmets With Stats For Warframes So Will Be Probably Retired But

SALE94

They just mentioned that they will completely (probably) retire all stat helmets because they dont supported that anymore.

That is old but fun part is they mentioned that if you already owned the helmet, Congratulations BETA you were there, so that tells me we will keep helmets in  same condition as they are now.

And  re release of same helmets but without stats.

If you ask me apitl5.jpg

Most fair decision.

I know too early, but sounds good.

Edited by SALE94

I hope they won't go through with this or at least nerf the vanguard helmet, because honestly, that's the only alt stat causing any problems with warframe's balance. This needs to be adressed in other ways than burying the mistake they did with an "oh we dont do that anymore" and leave the Rhino brokenly OP as he is now.

They should remove the stats from all helmets, "beta" versions or not.

But then that is just my opinion.

Edit: Something similar to what Dtexas said below me would be please both sides of the helmet stat arguments. I wonder if DE considered something like it or not.

Edited by Silraed

They could go about it so much better by adding a helmet costume slot. They could add stats to helmets and it wouldn't make a difference.

Costume helmet slot: The helmet in this slot is what your warframe helmet will look like, takes priority over normal helmet slot for appearance, no stats added.

Normal helmet slot: The helmet in this slot will add the stats of the helmet, this helmet will be shown if there is no helmet equipped in the costume slot.

This would be a much much better solution. Everyone would be able to look the way they want and and use helmets stats if they so choose.

Vanguard, Trinity Aura, both loki helmets, and mag coil, nyx vespa, and that saryn helmet more or less are only ones that actualy do someting very usefull imo.

Stamina and strenght helmets are not on par with others above.

Edited by SALE94

I just want to know if since they are being moved to being totally cosmetic, if we will still be able to obtain them through alerts-- or will it be a pure platinum thing now like Syandanas etc?

I am guessing they (statless will be on alets like new helmets that will come out) if they dont add new helmets too alerts then old will not be present too.

They did not spoil that much.

I don't agree with this and I believe in fairness. Please, just remove all stats permanently and reimburse plat to those that have those helmets. Anyways, where's your source that they're going to be doing this? I really hope you're bullS#&$ting because...well what the hell, I don't trust DE's decision making skills at all anymore anyways. So, I guess it makes no difference to me if this is true or not. *sigh*

This honestly sounds like the worst possible solution to me. Some of the helmets are extremely powerful, and to essentially lock new players out of the best/most fun warframe builds seems extremely unfair.

It could lead to situtations where newer players are unwanted, even if they have ranked up mods. (would you rather have an Aura or non-Aura Trinity on your team?)

Not to mention the fact that it would also make the game even more confusing then it already is (Why is his Rhino way faster than my Rhino?).

Edited by Oboeshoes92

I don't agree with this and I believe in fairness. Please, just remove all stats permanently and reimburse plat to those that have those helmets. Anyways, where's your source that they're going to be doing this? I really hope you're bullS#&$ting because...well what the hell, I don't trust DE's decision making skills at all anymore anyways. So, I guess it makes no difference to me if this is true or not. *sigh*

My proof is livestream i cant post it right now because i dont know at which exact minute it was but they said clearly,

When re cap of livestream is up, you can check it that i dont lie.
Edited by SALE94

My proof is livestream i cant post it right now because i dont know at which exact minute it was but they said clearly,

Ah yea, I saw people in the game chat talk about this and I forgot there was a livestream. Well I'm a bit upset about this, but like I've said, I don't really care anymore and I think it's for the best.

Also this does nothing to fix the main problem with stat helmets, where you want the stat boost of one helmet, but want the look of a different one.

That actually very true! Why didn't the devs even consider this?

The best thing one can do is to voluntarily stop using the stat helmets to keep a fair playing field?

Edited by SicSlaver

But it is quite possible you're jumping to conclusions. We don't even know how the Focus system will function yet, and I foresee the potential for horrendous abuse by stacking stat helms and focus on frames. 

It gives way to power creep, where by those with the helms will always be more powerful, or you buff the focus system to compensate and end up having to inflate enemy HP and DPS to stupid lvls to compensate for the creep.

So, either DE hasn't thought this through properly, which wouldn't surprise me given Frost or ignoring issues and tinkering around the edges. Or, like the Brakk being "exclusive" well see changes if they realise that it's not working. 

Edit:

And I just read what one of the Dev, I think it was Megan said in community topics. 

They are likely going to allow it going forward, but they're still in discussion. So, as I said, jumping to conclusions, for now it seems to be going that way, but it's probably going to be subject to change as more mechanics and things are added in.

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid