Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change To Stalker Drops

Monolake

Since Dread is too good of a weapon now and the most common drop from easy-to-kill Stalker it should be split into several parts, to be consistent with other invaders drops, just like  Brakk and Detron.

And make Stalker drop chance 100% so you always get something from him (after all getting something in parts is better than getting nothing even at all - as of now he doesn't drop anything in ~60-70% of the times you kill him, so my suggestion is an improvement to RNG, think about it.). 

For example like 10% Hate, 10% Despair, 20% Dread BP, 20% Dread string, 20% Dread upper limb, 20% Dread lower limb (I dont remember probability theory, so the numbers are approximate, could be less parts are other % chances)

Edited by Monolake

No I feel this would just be a bad idea and do nothing but &!$$ people of.

Well, it doesn't tick me off. Dread is easily on-par with paris prime atm, plus no one else is all like "scroo u de for making brak and detron parts seperaaaaaaaate"

In the dozen times i've killed him i've gotten two dreads.

I want despair and hate already.

Hey. i've got an idea. HOW ABOUT WE SEPARATE DESPAIR AND HATE INTO DIFFERENT PARTS? 

Oh god-why-No

and to all the people who didnt play long to get Stalker many times  - he doesnt drop a thing in like 60-70% 

and if you could actually read: I suggest an improvement  - that he would drop a part in 100% so in the end it would be more equalised instead of pure binary RNG as of now (you get whole thing or - in majority encounters -  you get nothing), it would require several encounters to get the Dread, thus it wouldnt fall into noobs hands by pure luck, but long-time players actually would have more chance of getting Stalker weapons. 

plus no one else is all like "scroo u de for making brak and detron parts seperaaaaaaaate"

Speak for yourself. Many players, including myself, found the part separation for both weapons nothing short of infuriating.

You've changed your op considerably; here's the community's re-evaluated answer= No

Try something like; 

drop chance=100%

Hate; 30%

Dread 30%

despair 30%

stalker helmet- 10%

OR

First time stalker dies

dread

second time stalker dies

despair

third time stalker dies

hate. 

kill stalker without fail 5 times in a row;

Helmet

You've got to be a $&*^ to think 'oh a noob has a good weapon. noobs should only have bad weapons' . If we realy, realy, truly have to be complete arseholes about weapons; make formas or perhaps the original weapons (paris, kunai, ether scyth) craft ingredients. 

You've changed your op considerably; here's the community's re-evaluated answer= No

Try something like; 

drop chance=100%

Hate; 30%

Dread 30%

despair 30%

stalker helmet- 10%

OR

First time stalker dies

dread

second time stalker dies

despair

third time stalker dies

hate. 

kill stalker without fail 5 times in a row;

Helmet

You've got to be a $&*^ to think 'oh a noob has a good weapon. noobs should only have bad weapons' . If we realy, realy, truly have to be complete arseholes about weapons; make formas or perhaps the original weapons (paris, kunai, ether scyth) craft ingredients. 

Good weapons should require effort to get, if you get good weapons right away it ruins difficulty and progress curve, there is no motivation to try to get other weapons. All the loot-driven games (and Warframe is primary a loot game) have you start with weak weapons and dont grant you top weapons out of the blue, you need to play more to get it.

I know many people want everything and now, but they dont realise it only makes an easy short-lived game. On the other hand getting nothing for all your tries is frustrating as well (see void drops, G3 no-parts drops, Stalker no-drops etc). Guaranteed part drop is a proper compromise solution (ofcourse part chance have to be equaly balanced, not 2% chance like some void drops).

I'm mastery 3 with 5 primary weapons that I would feel confident taking into pretty much any high level defense/survival for an hour or more.

If DE wants mastery rank to actually mean something in terms of weapon progression, they need to start actually evaluating what appropriate levels of power should be attached to what mastery.

If DE doesn't want to tie power to mastery rank (which I prefer they don't do so, obviously with my rank), then they really should make it so that you cannot freaking trade right off the bat as a newbie and use some of the best weapons in the game with virtually no in game effort other than WTB ____.

Good weapons should require effort to get, if you get good weapons right away it ruins difficulty and progress curve, there is no motivation to try to get other weapons. All the loot-driven games (and Warframe is primary a loot game) have you start with weak weapons and dont grant you top weapons out of the blue, you need to play more to get it.

I know many people want everything and now, but they dont realise it only makes an easy short-lived game. On the other hand getting nothing for all your tries is frustrating as well (see void drops, G3 no-parts drops, Stalker no-drops etc). Guaranteed part drop is a proper compromise solution (ofcourse part chance have to be equaly balanced, not 2% chance like some void drops).

You seem to be confusing effort with luck.  It is entirely possible for a new player to receive a dread with zero effort whatsoever by simply being in the right place at the right time to loot a stalker corpse after his teammates killed it and continued on towards the extraction point at mach 10.

the only 'effort' is that you have to get RNG to like you, that is all the 'effort' you need. Like I said before, Stalker only spawns for me once every two months and I don't want any crap I don't need cluttering my inventory when I just want one specific thing (Hate in my case) that he never drops, so please, DO NOT increase the already crappy RNG