Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What To Do When Helmets Lose Stats?

BrazilianJoe

So, Helmets are losing their stats. 

It has been talked about letting players keep their items with stats. 

I would like to see a different approach to the matter, and I have a proposition. 

I think all helmets should lose their stats and players should be able to pick rewards for losing them. 

Each helmet would let the player pick any one prime part/blueprint, rare weapon part/blueprint (brakk, detron etc), forma, orokin reactor or catalyst as compensation.

Or four helmets would let the player pick one legendary core, or any rare mod. 

What about the players who don't have any need for forma/potatoes/parts/cores? Simply making the stats interchangeable/ switched on/off would be much better. People who don't want stats can turn them off, and people who want stats can choose which stat to use on which helmet (of the same frame). I don't want potatoes/forma, I want my helmets to have stats. I wouldn't even give up my stats for plat. 

Exchanging old cosmetic helmets for legendary cores/prime parts sounds like a S#&$storm waiting to happen, I think the way they're handling it now is fine, but I would rather they give us the choice to use a helmet's stats or not when we equip it

There's also a legal issue here. There are many people who will have spent real life cash to get these, and to therefore remove those stats by force could be legally challenged.

The response of "but it's beta" would not hold up in all courts and it's why you have seen companies like Blizzard have clauses in recent beta's of "any item purchased may be lost due to reset with the gold value being returned to your account." Similar legal challenges have been upheld by courts, especially in the EU.

I like how DE have been good with a lot of this stuff (Helmets with stats, mods acquired early due to bugs in game, etc) which is just the approach of "if you have it, you can keep it as a non-trade item - but no one else can now".

Edited by Hendryx

Would be nice, if all helmets lose heir stats, but we would get special skins for the systems, that don't affect the look of warframes and at the same time provide us with some good stats. That way each player can choose the helm he wants and gets the additional nice stats. They might be obtainable through alerts/invasions/conflicts. This idea comes from the Locust helm for Ash. I love the efficiency it gives, but the helm itself looks absolutely terrible.

From what Scott said last Friday people who already have them will keep them. "You got here early, congratulations" (paraphrasing).

Which, after months of players asking for "We should separate helmets and their stats!", is about the worst way they could go about "solving" this issue.

Game-changing exclusives for old players, less balance for new players, less customization for all players. The only thing the devs get out of it is a quick cash grab in the last few days, and the only thing the game gets out of it is... well, nothing.

Wait, wait... from what I remember from lest Devstream, they said that

-All helmets with stats that player got until the helmet update patch will keep stats

-Next helmets will be only cosmetics, and will be a blue print to change the helmet into it´s statless version

Example:

-I got a Rhino Vanguard Helmet now, it give me stats

-On the helmet patch update day, it will keep the stats and I will get a blue print that will let me make it statless, but it will keep having stats

-If I sell it, and do a new Vanguard Helmet, the 2nd one will be statless, because the 1st one is a different helmet that I got before the helmet update patch

That way who got them keep them, nobody else gets them, and they keep being focused on cosmetic helmets from now on

EDIT: I re-read your comment, your solution of everbody lose stats and get compensations, would have some problems, as people paid platinum/money/time to get the helmets because of the stats sometimes, and that can lead to a break of contract or at minimum, player frustration

Edited by rafacasper

Which, after months of players asking for "We should separate helmets and their stats!", is about the worst way they could go about "solving" this issue.

Game-changing exclusives for old players, less balance for new players, less customization for all players. The only thing the devs get out of it is a quick cash grab in the last few days, and the only thing the game gets out of it is... well, nothing.

I'm not saying it's the best way to go, just what was mentioned recently.

But I don't think getting rid of existing stats is for the best.

EDIT: I re-read your comment, your solution of everbody lose stats and get compensations, would have some problems, as people paid platinum/money/time to get the helmets because of the stats sometimes, and that can lead to a break of contract or at minimum, player frustration

See, the problem is that there are even more problems with the new "solution" that the devs proposed. Old Frames will practically be direct upgrades to those of new players, and for no good reason other than "we here 1st" (which, really, isn't a good reason). New players will wonder why all the other Rhinos are so fast, or why all the other Lokis are able to stay cloaked for so long without picking up energy. It's neither fun nor fair.

The devs seem to be under the impression that by actually balancing the helmets, they'd be effectively taking a dump on a portion of their current playerbase. I understand this, but what irks me is that their solution is to take a dump on all of their future players instead.

I'm not saying it's the best way to go, just what was mentioned recently.

But I don't think getting rid of existing stats is for the best.

Neither do I, but it's definitely better than getting rid of stats only for new players. Lesser of two evils.

EDIT: To clarify, I (and many other players) have been asking for helmets to simply be equippable independently from the stats they grant for months now.

Edited by SortaRandom

Neither do I, but it's definitely better than getting rid of stats only for new players. Lesser of two evils.

That's debatable. People paid for those helmets. And many of those people paid for those stats.

Being unable to get those later isn't the same as having something you paid for being taken away.

That said, I still believe those stats should be included in some system which lets people tweak their frames. Maybe in the focus system (I don't know how it would work).

Wait, wait... from what I remember from lest Devstream, they said that

-All helmets with stats that player got until the helmet update patch will keep stats

-Next helmets will be only cosmetics, and will be a blue print to change the helmet into it´s statless version

Example:

-I got a Rhino Vanguard Helmet now, it give me stats

-On the helmet patch update day, it will keep the stats and I will get a blue print that will let me make it statless, but it will keep having stats

-If I sell it, and do a new Vanguard Helmet, the 2nd one will be statless, because the 1st one is a different helmet that I got before the helmet update patch

That way who got them keep them, nobody else gets them, and they keep being focused on cosmetic helmets from now on

it just means we keep the stats that mean something, and for frames that have just terribad stats on all/some helmets your just clearing the bad stats off them making them more useful as they dont break anything major.

I enjoyed the added layer of power customization and having a way to tell how people were going to play their frame based on their appearance. I would much rather them continue putting out new stat helms and adding stats to old ones so that I can continue to see new builds around them.