The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Cell Drop Rate

AcewingX

Do ODA. 4x the chance of other bosses to get Orokin Cells.

This. Lephantis is usually my go-to for Cells if I have the keys.

I've always felt that Survival and Defense have reduced chance to drop rare materials, so I avoid these if I want to farm rare mats (unless I want XP, then I'd do Defense).

I'd like to just have everyone reflect on what they're saying:

In essence, it is normal to only get a minimal of 6 or less cells for survival or ODD, and that's WITH Necros.

I've just recently bought a booster and ran Mimas a few times with 2x Necros and have went up to 40 minutes for three runs in a row.  I've gotten 6, 3, and 4.

Now is EVERYONE sure this is normal?  Because if it is, I think DE's hit a new low; they're essentially killing the rate of cells, but continuously pumping out prime gear that require at least 10 (20 for akbronco's and I can assure you that they aren't going to be the only twin prime pistols) cells per. 

I just don't see this as a proper way to treat us; I mean people already farm their bums off for Rhino Prime and the Boltor Prime BP, then they're going to gouge even more out from you just to get a SEMI-NORMAL rate of cells via boosters?

I feel like going back on that hiatus till U15,  Because this doesn't feel like it's getting anywhere at all.  I should be getting far more cells for 30+ minutes worth of survival/defense, even without boosters.  The fact I'm still getting around 3-4 as an average WITH one is just killing the experience for me.  

PS - Will try to make a few ODA key/parties tomorrow and see how that goes =/, but as of now: I feel like I just wasted 40p for nothing.

Edited by AcewingX

I found these cells easy to farm on Saturn by killing General Sargas Ruk over and over again. It's pretty good drop rate, for me it drops at least once / 2 runs and the mission takes only a few minutes. Sometimes you can even get an extra from random mobs.

Got nearly 200 in a few hours on the Luck O' the Lotus day plus a resource booster on top of that just from farming Ruk. Used Rhino with Boltor Prime, but thrown weapons like Despair/Kunai with the Seeker mod takes a lot more health off before the glowing bit's blow up. Usually the Extraction point is near the boss tile which Ruk sits in so the runs can be very quick, averaged about 2 minutes a run.

Also he is one of a few bosses who can drop 2 at a time without a booster, since his drop table under Mods also displays OROKIN CELL. The second drop will show as a 2nd mod drop rather than a resource containter drop.

Edited by JayOutre

Defense & Survival mission on Ceres work really well.

Used to do Mimas & Helene on Saturn but the drop rates there started to suck recently so moved to Ceres.

The drop rates on Cells on Ceres seem much higher but sadly not a whole lot of groups there because difficulty.