Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mystery Of "exclusives" And Warframe

kaboomonme

I've always wanted to voice this, since this makes me very very curious.

What is it about Warframe? Why does it get so much special treatment?

Lots and lots of games have exclusives. Pre-order exclusives, paid exclusives, farmed exclusives, limited-offer exclusives, referral exclusives etc.
Why is Warframe the only one where people want it to be different? This is the part I will never understand.

Because fairness?
Is it because DE listens to the players that they want to take advantage of this? 
Because DE has broken their word before, and the players feel they might do it again with a push?
Because exclusivity doesn't fit in Warframe?
Because the current community in Warframe want to see a drastic change from the norm?
Because the current community has a different mindset?
Because the game led the current community to have a different mindset?

Because entitlement?
Because nice things should be shared, and Warframe players are supposed to be extra nice?
Because cosmetics are not the focus of the game's revenue, and thus exclusivity should be voided?
Because everyone should be happy?
Because Warframe is that special?

I've considered all of these, and have never gotten a true answer before... yet the list grows. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Discuss and make your own conclusions.

Simple: People feel they are entitled to things, whether or not they actually are. They are selfish and want everything for the least possible amount of effort in return, preferably none at all. This is human nature.

Edited by RyojinOrion

Simple: People feel they are entitled to things, whether or not they actually are. They are selfish and want everything for the least possible amount of effort in return, preferably none at all. This is human nature.

Yep. This.

Because exclusives are bad, especially in a game where loot is a main focus. They do nothing but give people a false sense of being special or elite and breed anger from those who want the item but for some reason could not get it. They're cool to have, but ultimately bad for the community and game in the long run. The whole Founders situation is proof of it.

You're all leaving out important facts. Fact one being that these "exclusives" as you call them will actually hinder later gameplay. When mastery starts being something that you need, all of those weapons/frames that you don't have will be marks against you. All of cynical anti-human dipS#&$s are leaving out key important details such as this. Shame on you.

Because they're entitled children who think DE should cater to them. If they weren't here for the exclusives, they shouldn't get squat. That's like being late to a party and all the cake is gone. Are they going to bring you a cake just because you were late? Nope. They have to suck it up.

I'll drop it to you raw.

Simply put, The reason exclusives should stay as is, is because they're a sign of effort. They're our street credit. They're DE's "Thank you" To us that took the "Risk" of throwing money to this game, which we were unsure if it was even going to be successful., and to nurture it to what it is now. We said "There's been a lot of kickstarters that haven't even happened, which were a huge loss of money. But I believe in you, Digital Extremes, and I want you to succeed". 

Did you buy a founders pack for the sole purpose of supporting DE, and cementing the success of this game?

I love you.

Did you NOT buy a founders pack, wether or not you were available to?

I probably don't hate you, but you're not entitled to anything.

Did you buy a Prime Access pack? You're entitled to that.

And if you're so butthurt about affinity, none of us would have a single problem with DE removing affinity from exclusives.

This audience is over.

Edited by Tyffie

People taking of advantage of a new company/game is what it boils down to. Does anyone really expect our lovely The Lotus Rebecca to tell ppl to stfu? They need to hire a forum rep, name him (DE)Hammer, and let him put some foot to candy &#!.

DE... you guys hiring?

then the vandal braton is not exclusive :P it was just there for those that knew about the game at the time XD. I joined 3 days after the open beta weekend, however i can say that i don't care about that wepaon at least for now. My problem is, that when focus arrives and MR will have a meaning the mastery exp from the exclusives will cause more trouble then it's worth. One solution would be to remove the MR EXP from the exclusives that will never come back. We have our toy, looks nice works nice (not skana and lato prime :P ), we have our mark but it does not influence other parts of the game except shooting the hell out of things with an unobtainable gun. I never had a problem with frost prime becoming available later on after the fusion moa event, and i won't have an issue with things coming back from the past. I can understand some founders, to defend their  position on their exclusives, same with prime access now (cosmetics), I do feel bad that people can't get the excalibro prime atm, but real money is involved here and it's a thin ice discussion, however brakks frost primes, vandals there was no real money paid for those items, thus the topics about those items fluctuate and will keep popping up again and again.

SO imo keep the founders items and prime access cosmetics exclusive cause it's real money invest ( just remove the MR exp form those items), the rest can pop up whenever De sees fit (just at the same or more amount of work to obtain required).

I keep seeing people complain about "lost affinity"  What does this mean?  I've seen several max rank players that are not Founders of any degree and they're relatively new accounts.  There is obviously enough affinity to reach the max rank of the game, how are we losing anything?

EDIT:  Did some more reading on the subject.  General opinion seems to be that the new Focus system kicks in when you hit the highest Mastery Rank, and not the level cap per weapon/frame. I guess that's where the "We're losing affinity" comments are coming from.

Edited by Noamuth

Just saying exclusives as an all encompassing term is a mistake.

Exclusives that offer cosmetics and do not interfere with player stats are fine, in fact the more the merrier.

Exclusives that offer advantage over other players are not fine, should never happen.

Regardless of whether a player joins on day one or three years in, they should have the same chance of being able to reach the very top tiers of the game.

Noamuth, the problem will come with Focus since it will dictate player power and this game is getting more PvP and competitive PvE content.

At some point, exclusives and removed items will determine whether a player can reach the max available rank of power or not.

And for all we know, each Focus rank could give a massive power boost.

Noamuth, the problem will come with Focus since it will dictate player power and this game is getting more PvP and competitive PvE content.

At some point, exclusives and removed items will determine whether a player can reach the max available rank of power or not.

And for all we know, each Focus rank could give a massive power boost.

My understanding of the Focus system is that the extra xp from a rank cap'd item will go towards Focus points, not the Mastery Rank cap and if you change to a weapon or 'frame that isn't max rank, then the xp goes towards the ranks, not Focus, until it hits 30.  Then all excess xp goes towards your Focus.

i.e. Rank 30 Soma, excess xp goes to Focus, even if it's been Forma'd but, rank 23 Soma, all xp goes towards hitting the rank cap.

No...they aren't. They're a bunch of selfish cockroaches crawling and scurrying around like parasites sucking off the blood of those more fortunate than them trying to get what they don't need, despite having everything they need already. It's disgusting. (I hate people in case you couldn't tell)

so... you are against sharing, and you hate (quite a strong word) people, and you are saying that selfish are those that just want to have the same things, which are digital objects (unlimited in amount) let me see again if i get it right... you say that selfish are the ones that want everyone to have the same things, and you on the other hand, who "hates" people and do not want them to have what you have, are right?... weird... it kinda sounds like you are the selfish one here...

Regarding the hate part, its noticeable in all your posts.

Edited by Orbister

You can be Mastery Rank 15, COMFORTABLY, without the gear people are whining about. The more ranks introduced the lesser impact a few weapons and one frame is going to make.

The Mastery argument is complete and utter rubbish.

This is complete and utter rubbish, because what happens WHEN you need that mastery to reach rank 16? Bet you didn't think about that. I have excalibur prime, and as someone stated previously, I'd be just fine with them removing affinity from him, as well as the lato and skana prime. That's all it boils down to as an important matter.

Because exclusives are bad, especially in a game where loot is a main focus. They do nothing but give people a false sense of being special or elite and breed anger from those who want the item but for some reason could not get it. They're cool to have, but ultimately bad for the community and game in the long run. The whole Founders situation is proof of it.

Exactly, this is not about the items themselves but about the impact they have on the community, it's a very negative idea that has also negative consequences.

what nobody here seems to realize is that (and correct me if i'm wrong) there are only 3 items which are completely and irrevocably "exclusive"

the rest are simply "in the vault" until the next time DE wants to roll them back into an event.

excalibur prime

lato prime

skana prime

so you're missing out on a whopping 12k mastery. which (by the way) once you get past rank 10 or so, is a drop in the bucket.

if you want your strun wraith, snipetron vandal, etc, then stick with it and you'll probably get your chance "eventually"

if you're missing out on rank X because of that little (or the little additional from the other retired / currently away items) then tough mate, that's the bonus that older players are receiving because of their loyalty.

edit:

math is hard when you've been up too long. :P

Edited by xethier