Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

[Ps4] Why No "stomp" Prime Access?

(PSN)theReDkoolAiD

Just wondering why we didn't get the option?

What we did get is the "Roar" package and prime access accessories(sold separately), fine...but, not really for the people who want the stomp package miss out on is 1700 plat for a $10 difference, in short we PS4 players who want t

o pay get shafted.Lame, and this is just one mans opinion.

PS4 players get shafted all the time but it is at no fault by DE it has a lot to do with the red tape that is on the PS network. That's why PS4 is so behind PC release wise, that's why updates are not pushed onto PS4 like PC. DE has to jump through thousands of hoops due to the silly bureaucracy and red tape that surround the PS4 network. 

If you need someone to blame, blame PSN not DE.

Has to do with how items in the store get processed.

Basically with the way the PSN works, from what I understand, there's no way to "block" out purchases of additional packs. i.e. if there was Roar & Stomp packs available then players could buy both to get absurd amounts of discounted platinum. Or something like that.

Also introducing multiple tiered packs would require additional PSN store items... And I don't think Sony really wants to have 8+ items get added to the PSN for a game or go through the effort of scripting the upgrade packs for the store. Let's take a look at how many items would be needed...

Charge Pack

Roar Pack

Accessory Pack

Stomp Pack

Charge -> Roar Upgrade

Charge -> Stomp Upgrade

Roar -> Stomp Upgrade

Accessory -> Stomp Upgrade

etc...

It requires a lot of planning and probably a lot of back-and-forth with Sony, whereas on the PC it's much easier to implement.

So why didnt they do stomp and the accessory pack, there's no plat in the accessory pack

that's the point of the tradeoff. We on PC complained that they should have sold the syndana separately. Because most of us JUST want the scarf to run around with, and then get everything else in the void instead.

what if said packs would need a key to unlock, these keys in turn are bought on the homepage and can only be used once per account? would something like that be possible? in that case you would need:

Charge pack (like on pc)

Roar pack (Roar pack minus the Charge pack item and platwise, includes a key for the charge pack)

Stomp pack (Stomp pack minus the Roar pack item and platwise, includes a key for the charge pack)

Accessory pack (just like on pc)

DE needs to explain the situation here.  The fact that for another $10 you could get 1700 plat vs buying the packages seperate will leave people feeling ripped off. It may very well be Sony's fault, but we can't know for sure without DE telling us.  Asking why someone needs so much plat is counter productive.  If they can purchase it for roughly the same price then who cares what they do with it.  When the Inferno pack came out we were told they were working on getting others.  That never happened.  Now if someone decides to buy the two packs as is and they add the Roar pack then they will lose the plat.  If this is how it is, then fine. Let the players what and why and let them decide.  If they don't like it then they won't buy it. If they decide to buy it they can know what they are getting.  All I want is clarity.

Sony may make it where you cant upgrade packages, but DE could put all packages in the store if they wanted to. They just dont wantbyou to be able to buy both top packages. They see it as you getting plat for cheaper than if you bought itby its self. This is just greed on de's part. They see it as losing x amount of money rather than gaining y amount.. its an ulimoted digital item. Players are limited so they seem to wantv to squeeze as much money as . They can out of each player. It is a fixable matter but I doubt . It will be done. Forgive typos as I am on cell.