Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unconventional Buffs For The Torid (Everyone Knows It Needs One)

Jamescell

The Torid recieved a visual overhaul recently, making the weapon look it's part, but that still doesn't fix the fact that the Torid is barely viable in most circumstances and game types. 

The Torid needs to be buffed, but it needs to be buffed in a way that doesn't break the weapon. If we look back, the Ignis received a much needed buff, but the huge damage increase made the weapon far too strong. Only the "damage in less frequent intervals" nerf to constant damage weapons brought the Ignis back into reasonable range for balance. 

I suggest one or a combination of the following, however I do not advise adding all of these buffs together. 

-Clouds have an innate slowing effect. 

-Clouds nullify non-explosive enemy projectiles by quickly "eating them away". 

-Firing with the scope causes projectiles to track enemies. 

-Higher reload speed. 

-Doubled ammo per clip. 

-Larger AOE for gas clouds. 

Edited by Jamescell

Pretty sure it takes longer for the damage to apply to an enemy, but in larger quantities of damage.

Regardless, the Torid is not a fast weapon, and on all mission types being fast is one of the largest components to getting more kills. 

Edited by Jamescell

Personally I think the best thing you could do is a bigger radius that has a puncthrough gas aoe. That would be the only thing you would need to make this weapon better. Because of the S#&$ty arcing knowing it is a fartbarncle shooter (they also revamped the weapons projectiles look) the projectile makes it hard to aim sometimes and missing has a lot of punishment I mean for a bullet it makes sense but with something with aoe it should have less punishment for shooting the general area with something that has to be a gernade like projectile that emits gas. But that is just my 2 cents a bigger AoE will allow most of the dot to apply to many enemies at once and be immensly effective when using elemental mods (radiation/blast/etc). Now with a set back of causing it hard to see through.

TLDR

Advantages:
+Bigger aoe (better elemental use and spreads the dot damage in a big area)

+Punch through gas aoe (bypasses cover and works that way a airborne attack would)

Disadvantages

-Makes a big gas cloud that you can't see through ( it would be pretty cool and I am sure people wouldn't mind it since anything in there will be surely to be damaged by it)

(this was a post I made on a similar thread)

I think all it needs is this really the fire rate is ok and all you need is a fast reload mod it just has poor distribution of damage and doesn't spread out well and will only hit a max on average 3 enemies.

Edited by Stalc

1. Make the clouds bigger (and be able to use Firestrom mod to make the clouds bigger) and have the DoT twice as fast. That alone would make a huge difference!

2. Increase proc chance to at least 25%, this would make it completely viable again, esp with the Cicero and tethra mods.

3. Small tweaks like faster firerate, bigger clip, or faster reload would also help as well.

Anyone of these would help, esp either of the first 2

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

I Think the tracking ability would make it OP. I like the concept though, maybe a new weapon with those capabilities along with decreased damage and/or reduced ROF to suit.

Actually I think a tracking ability would be really detrimental to the weapon. Especially in confined spaces, imagine your projectile going straight into walls or any obstacle between it and its target... The HORROR.