The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question Of The Community About Warframe Gender ( No No Not Gender Swapping)

Deidaku

last topic of the day I swear X)

No this isn't about gender swapping.

There most of the time always as much female frames as male frames.

BUT what if the final amount of frames is uneven ?

So here's the actual question : what would you think of a genderless warframe . Nor male nor female... completely genderless and androgynous?

I think it would be fun....you don't see many genderless characters in video games ; and it would be a fun :)

What do you guys think?

Comment below let me know!

um genders are kind of importent if they dont have a gender their pretty much blobs of nothing. gender is what helps give character to things.

Uh gender is male or female (more appropriately sex is that, gender is a bit complicated). You can be a character without any defined gender or sex, just look at every robotic character in any video game ever that isn't like EDI.

I don't see the issue with that, but since Tenno are most likely a breed of human, it may be unlikely. Aesthetically, it's interesting. Lore-wise, not very possible...

Maybe they're human...but heavly modified humans...I don't think we should be suprised to see genderless mutant individuals.

And also how do we know they still reproduce naturally like we do? 

Maybe they are also like some clones bu unlike the grineer they didn't fail miserably 

um genders are kind of importent if they dont have a gender their pretty much blobs of nothing. gender is what helps give character to things.

We won't even get to see their faces....you are their character.

They don't have character....gender doens't make all of what you are , 

I think they should keep he genders equal. As for androgenous Zephyr is probably the closest we'll get.

I'm going to say it and what I'm going to say is that just because Zephyr has something dangling between her legs it doesn't mean there's a penis encased in it.

Lotus says to you (the Tenno) that you've mastered warframes. That means there is 1 person cross-dresing in those suits.

Or she was specking to ALL of us as a whole, you know, considering everyone was getting free stuff and it's a mass message.

One person couldn't cross dress in a suit and magically change their entire physique. Even just from a male frame to a male frame.

I'm going to say it and what I'm going to say is that just because Zephyr has something dangling between her legs it doesn't mean there's a penis encased in it.

I think he's referring more to the fact that you can't tell from first glance that Zephyr's a woman like you can with Mag and such. Half of the player base actually thought Zephyr was a guy when the model was first revealed.

He wasn't calling her a hermaphrodite. XD

I think he's referring more to the fact that you can't tell from first glance that Zephyr's a woman like you can with Mag and such. Half of the player base actually thought Zephyr was a guy when the model was first revealed.

He wasn't calling her a hermaphrodite. XD

You'd be surprised by he amount of codpiece jokes people use to justify their bi-sex vision of her.

All we know is that DE says that Zephyr is a she. It is true that Zephyr was first envisioned as male, though.

There is a difference between Sex and Gender. Sex is physical (chromosomes) and Gender is mental (masculine, feminine, various non-binary genders)

I don't think the Tenno have any sexual characteristics outside of armour styling anymore. They are too warped and modified for it to really apply to them.

Gender of course is whatever the individual Tenno feels they are. A feminine Tenno might wear femmeframes whenever possible, a gender*#()# Teeno might deliberately mix it up daily and a gendergrey Tenno just wouldn't care.

Edit: Apparently "qu**r" is a naughty word by the forums reckoning. It's OK forum, I am queer. I can say it :P

Edited by ValhaHazred

There is a difference between Sex and Gender. Sex is physical (chromosomes) and Gender is mental (masculine, feminine, various non-binary genders)I don't think the Tenno have any sexual characteristics outside of armour styling anymore. They are too warped and modified for it to really apply to them.Gender of course is whatever the individual Tenno feels they are. A feminine Tenno might wear femmeframes whenever possible, a gender*#()# Teeno might deliberately mix it up daily and a gendergrey Tenno just wouldn't care.Edit: Apparently "qu**r" is a naughty word by the forums reckoning. It's OK forum, I am *#()#. I can say it :P

Thank you for saying this when I wasn't brave enough to make the differentiation for them myself

Just to be clear, "sex" is the word you mean, not gender. Gender is what you yourself identify with, sex is what your body physically is.
I like androgynous frames though. I love Zephyr because she's wicked androgynous.

Edit:

There is a difference between Sex and Gender. Sex is physical (chromosomes) and Gender is mental (masculine, feminine, various non-binary genders)

I don't think the Tenno have any sexual characteristics outside of armour styling anymore. They are too warped and modified for it to really apply to them.

Gender of course is whatever the individual Tenno feels they are. A feminine Tenno might wear femmeframes whenever possible, a gender*#()# Teeno might deliberately mix it up daily and a gendergrey Tenno just wouldn't care.

Edit: Apparently "qu**r" is a naughty word by the forums reckoning. It's OK forum, I am *#()#. I can say it :P

Curses! You said it first :P
I am also fairly gender*#()# :D

Edited by Ourobor

The ignorance in this single post..... -sigh-

I think this ideas brilliant. People are so afaid of gender issue these days, and need to wake up. Im curious to see how an Asexual frame would be modled tho. Not to mention what powers it would have.

tenno is an armour - when some boses talk to you, they say "... hiding behind that trinity(or whatever) warframe..." , so it doesnt matter what gender/sex warframe is as long as we dont see the ones that are inside / in control

Edit: Apparently "qu**r" is a naughty word by the forums reckoning. It's OK forum, I am *#()#. I can say it :P

This person... is amazing. As a Polyamourus Female, all i can say is thank you.

As far as we know, the tenno are not even human anymore. Im sorry bt if you look in a cryopod and see that rock tenno face with no eyes... If they are massivly technocyte corrupt humans, whats to say the virus didnt make them asexual? As Valha stated, when a new tenno is born, they choose for themselves what "gender" they identify with.

Im curious to see how an Asexual frame would be modled tho. Not to mention what powers it would have.

I don't think it's feasible (or right) to base a frame around a sexuality/gender orientation. I'd rather not shoehorn things in just for the sake of being politically correct.

If it's there, it should be simply a side facet to their character and not the focal point.

Edited by Motakshi