The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question Of The Community About Warframe Gender ( No No Not Gender Swapping)

Deidaku

Oh dear, all these sorts coming out of the woodwork...

While humanoid in shape, the only real defining qualities we can discern from the Warframe models as a whole is the presence of butt and boobs. As there aren't obvious variations to establish genders beyond that (much like you would see in a human face, or overall qualities like hip width), that is all we have to go on in Warframe.

Sure, but if they'd ever plan to reveal the faces of the persons behind the iconic warframes then they'd better have its look nailed down.

Unfortunately, people will always lean towards labeling androgynous characters female because societal norms(in the west) have set a standard in which the lack of masculine features automatically suggests femininity, whereas that is not the case the other way around.

But yeah, It'd be interesting to see them trying their hand at a genderless warframe.

"We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction."

Maybe the Tenno have bodies so warped from the void that it isn't weird for them to wear masculine or feminine warframes.

Doubt it. Pretty sure the cryopods are housing Tenno. Not sure who else they'd be.

this is my thought on this. If the tenno are human who have come back from the void with powers. Why cant there be a male tenno

who has the powers of say ember or a female tenno with the rhino powers? The warframe after all is just a suit that enhances their power right? So why not be able to choose  male or female with every warframe?

Edited by (PS4)Lieu_David

this is my thought on this. If the tenno are human who have come back from the void with powers. Why cant there be a male tenno

who has the powers of say ember or a female tenno with the rhino powers? The warframe after all is just a suit that enhances their power right? So why not be able to choose  male or female with every warframe?

Because that's more work for the developers. And to do it would have meant far less of a variety of warframes.

Genderswapping isn't the point of the thread and has been repeeatedly denied by the devs.

It's about genderless tenno or David Bowie like warframes.

Genderswapping isn't the point of the thread and has been repeeatedly denied by the devs.

It's about genderless tenno or David Bowie like warframes.

ziggy-tour.jpg

First time i've heard of or seen David Bowie Oo 

Thanks Aurora XD

This person... is amazing. As a Polyamourus Female, all i can say is thank you.

As far as we know, the tenno are not even human anymore. Im sorry bt if you look in a cryopod and see that rock tenno face with no eyes... If they are massivly technocyte corrupt humans, whats to say the virus didnt make them asexual? As Valha stated, when a new tenno is born, they choose for themselves what "gender" they identify with.

That looks like a suit. Sex does apply to the Tenno. There is nothing that says their bodies are warped. Please. All of this is made up crap. Until there is something that states otherwise, a male Tenno-Warframe is a he, and a female Tenno-Warframe is a she. Deal with it. They didn't choose their gender. They were born what they are, same as you and me.

That looks like a suit. Sex does apply to the Tenno. There is nothing that says their bodies are warped. Please. All of this is made up crap. Until there is something that states otherwise, a male Tenno-Warframe is a he, and a female Tenno-Warframe is a she. Deal with it. They didn't choose their gender. They were born what they are, same as you and me.

Actually, it does say the tenno are badly disfigured, in the Ember Prime Codex Entry.

That said, it is extremely unlikely the tenno are able to 'choose' whichever gender they desire. No lore has come anywhere close to support such a claim.

Also. This is a video game about space ninjas. Why does gender/sex/gender-identifier matter AT ALL?

Actually, it does say the tenno are badly disfigured, in the Ember Prime Codex Entry.

That said, it is extremely unlikely the tenno are able to 'choose' whichever gender they desire. No lore has come anywhere close to support such a claim.

Also. This is a video game about space ninjas. Why does gender/sex/gender-identifier matter AT ALL?

No, it said Kaleen was disfigured. Kaleen isn't a Tenno.

And there are people in this world who are born with both or  neither

I don' tthink  any normal human being would be able to wear suits made out of flesh eating zombie viruses adn survive..better yet harness it's power. 

+ Nekros and Oberon are the best example//tell me their bodies are in perftect human shape 

OberonWallpaper.jpg**250px-Necro_Warframe_01.png

And you guys really don't get it. 

Of course the current frames have genders!! (DUH) 

I was asking what would be your opinion on a future frame if it had NO GENDER  , no male nor female traits whatsoever, ( called it) , perfectly neutral

Edited by Deidaku

No, it said Kaleen was disfigured. Kaleen isn't a Tenno.

I see.

So the children on the ship, who go on to BECOME tenno came out totally unscathed?

...We took the twisted few that returned from that place... - Snip from Excalibur Lore entry,

Twisted? Couldn't that be taken as 'Disfigured'

Edited by Emeere

Do people not know that the Tenno are humans that have been infected by the T-Virus?

They're human, but diseased ones. 

Here's a little bit of information about the Tenno that I made like... an hour ago.

The Origin of the Tenno is simple, yet complicated, to explain. It's easy to just say that the Tenno originated from Hayden Tenno, a special agent working for the US, after he was infected by the T-Virus. Normally the pain that comes with being the infected would bring immense pain causing a man to go insane, but Hayden was a unique case since he could not feel pain to begin with (He had a disease in which I forget the name of). Hayden thus gained the power to summon a Glaive at his right hand. But, as punishment, his hole right arm became metallic. But wait... there was a contradiction. Hayden Tenno wasn't the only ones with this power. Nemesis, a girl that harnessed a more evolved Technocyte virus that gave her much more advanced abilities. She also wore a exoskeleton suit that enhanced her by giving her more evolutionary advantages, meaning that she wore the first ever Warframe. The suit allowed her to cast upon electricity at what seemed to be any time (a volt ability but less advanced), being able to stop projectiles (telepathy more in Nyx's style), and is able to conjure a shield on her right arm at any time. She is the first Tenno, seeing as she was the one that infected Hayden Tenno in the first place. 

Now for what is a Tenno? A Tenno are humans that have been infected by a highly advanced version of the T-Virus without reaching insanity by the pain (the Orokin had amplified the powers of the Virus by a tremendous amount, and where also able to control it). They're warriors of guns and blades that only know how to kill. They wear a suit known as a Warframe that amplifies there ability to control their powers, giving them an advantage in any form of combat. 

There's also other creatures in the dark sector universe such as the Colossus, an extremely bulky and fatter version of Rhino Prime (He's extremely strong while being agile) and then there's.. stalker. A thing. These two are not Tenno because they had gone insane, leaving them as just infested. 

Edited by MegaSnail

People got sex on the brain. Also me no care, and zephyr is a girl? Mine will be finished building when I get home so I haven't taken a closer look. They do a real good job mixing up body types and builds. I guess because the other female frames are so very female compared to Zephyr.

Do people not know that the Tenno are humans that have been infected by the T-Virus?

Here's a little bit of information about the Tenno that I made like... an hour ago.

The Origin of the Tenno is simple, yet complicated, to explain. It's easy to just say that the Tenno originated from Hayden Tenno, a special agent working for the US, after he was infected by the T-Virus. Normally the pain that comes with being the infected would bring immense pain causing a man to go insane, but Hayden was a unique case since he could not feel pain to begin with (He had a disease in which I forget the name of). Hayden thus gained the power to summon a Glaive at his right hand. But, as punishment, his hole right arm became metallic. But wait... there was a contradiction. Hayden Tenno wasn't the only ones with this power. Nemesis, a girl that harnessed a more evolved Technocyte virus that gave her much more advanced abilities. She also wore a exoskeleton suit that enhanced her by giving her more evolutionary advantages, meaning that she wore the first ever Warframe. The suit allowed her to cast upon electricity at what seemed to be any time (a volt ability but less advanced), being able to stop projectiles (telepathy more in Nyx's style), and is able to conjure a shield on her right arm at any time. She is the first Tenno, seeing as she was the one that infected Hayden Tenno in the first place. 

Now for what is a Tenno? A Tenno are humans that have been infected by a highly advanced version of the T-Virus without reaching insanity by the pain (the Orokin had amplified the powers of the Virus by a tremendous amount, and where also able to control it). They're warriors of guns and blades that only know how to kill. They wear a suit known as a Warframe that amplifies there ability to control their powers, giving them an advantage in any form of combat. 

There's also other creatures in the dark sector universe such as the Colossus, an extremely bulky and fatter version of Rhino Prime (He's extremely strong while being agile) and then there's.. stalker. A thing. These two are not Tenno because they had gone insane, leaving them as just infested. 

There is no lore confirmation that the events of Dark Sector are a direct prologue to Warframe. There are quite a few logic gaps.

There is no lore confirmation that the events of Dark Sector are a direct prologue to Warframe. There are quite a few logic gaps.

There is a confirmation. I believe Dev thing 10. 

Dark Sector was thousands and thousands and thousands years before Warframe. Most things changed.

to my knowledge it never specifically states they were infected, just that they were exposed to the void. Now the warframes themselves are clearly using part of the genetic research that came out of the infested.

*cough* Proto suit* cough*

Actually there are connections..It's just that the warframe timeline is set several thousands of years later....which would explain a  lot of plotholes

Gender-Queer people would like to have a word with you lot... give it a google sometime.

apparently the 'Q' word is considered an swear word by this forum, when its a valid term that a group of society use to describe themselves.

\o.O/

Edited by ensignvidiot

to my knowledge it never specifically states they were infected, just that they were exposed to the void. Now the warframes themselves are clearly using part of the genetic research that came out of the infested.

Nor does it say that there's a sun in the Warframe universe.