Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

I was talking about the Wukong thing you responded to.

I was the one who posted about Sun Wukong and I made that post before Morec0's appeared.  We both made the same point independent of each other.

Even the cartoon about Sun Wukong, Havoc In Heaven, didn't do the battle I mentioned justice.  Some creative stuff with the Four Heavenly Kings and Erlang Shen but nothing in that cartoon struck me as "equivalent to a cosmic embodiment".

EDIT: I doubt

managed to get it right either. Edited by ShadowFighter88

I was the one who posted about Sun Wukong and I made that post before Morec0's appeared.  We both made the same point independent of each other.

Even the cartoon about Sun Wukong, Havoc In Heaven, didn't do the battle I mentioned justice.  Some creative stuff with the Four Heavenly Kings and Erlang Shen but nothing in that cartoon struck me as "equivalent to a cosmic embodiment".

EDIT: I doubt

managed to get it right either.

Get the right animation team and it can happen.

I make it sound simple, and it isn't, but the most mind blowing things imaginable can be made with extremely talented and creative animators provided they had the time and passive to just pour into a project.

Get the right animation team and it can happen.

I make it sound simple, and it isn't, but the most mind blowing things imaginable can be made with extremely talented and creative animators provided they had the time and passive to just pour into a project.

The trick's that whole "cosmic embodiment" thing.  What does that mean?  How do you convey that?  And that's one of the easier examples from fiction and mythology.

There's stuff in the RPG, Exalted, that would make it almost impossible to do a video game or movie of unless you stuck to relatively low-power characters and left the Sidereal Exalted out entirely.  The Sidereals tend the Loom of Fate and have powers that let them alter the Loom or draw on their connection to it.  Just going by the description, and leaving out the mechanics, how would you show this Sidereal Melee ability in an animation?

Impeding the Flow:

With a flick of his wrist, the Sidereal uses his weapon

to separate the conjoined strands of fate that allow others to

attack him. His weapon trails streamers of red stardust that

are visible only to creatures that can see dematerialized spirits,

and that dust parts the offending strands of fate.

Sure, you could just have the Sidereal character swing their weapon around and trailing red dust, but how do you show the viewer that that's stopping his opponent from attacking and how he's doing that?

The trick's that whole "cosmic embodiment" thing.  What does that mean?  How do you convey that?  And that's one of the easier examples from fiction and mythology.

There's stuff in the RPG, Exalted, that would make it almost impossible to do a video game or movie of unless you stuck to relatively low-power characters and left the Sidereal Exalted out entirely.  The Sidereals tend the Loom of Fate and have powers that let them alter the Loom or draw on their connection to it.  Just going by the description, and leaving out the mechanics, how would you show this Sidereal Melee ability in an animation?

Impeding the Flow:

With a flick of his wrist, the Sidereal uses his weapon

to separate the conjoined strands of fate that allow others to

attack him. His weapon trails streamers of red stardust that

are visible only to creatures that can see dematerialized spirits,

and that dust parts the offending strands of fate.

Sure, you could just have the Sidereal character swing their weapon around and trailing red dust, but how do you show the viewer that that's stopping his opponent from attacking and how he's doing that?

That's the creative challenge (in this case immense challenge) of translating concepts and thoughts to a visual medium, and why I love animating so much.

Edited by SolidSp33d

Well, it seems like I found something else on the page to decode, but it doesn't amount to anything much beyond flavor text. On the bottom I noticed there was some Grineer text on the background of the page, but it was mirrored. When translated, here was what I got:

-e all thing-

-- grineer

The "-" is a scratched out letter. Judging by the form of what can be seen in the first dash (upper right letter, before the e), it could possibly be a "b", "g", "p", or "z". My guess is that what can be read says "be all things grineer".

Again, it looks like flavor text, but I'm suprised it wasn't discovered yet (I checked the entire thread, someone might have referred to it but didn't know). Maybe nobody bothered with it, but I was still curious as to what it said and I thought I'd share.

~G

Edited by Garuda112

That's the creative challenge (in this case immense challenge) of translating concepts and thoughts to a visual medium, and why I love animating so much.

Challenge: yes. It is a challenge.

So much so that it's IMPOSSIBLE. They could try, but they'd NEVER hit ANYTHING close to what you/Teq want them to and you'd just end up being disappointed in result. You can shoot for the stars all you want, but when you have something at risk - in this case the interest of your fanbase - you need to aim slightly to the side so you don't cause the whole damn thing to crash and kill you.

They can make them incredibly beautiful, they could make them incredibly hideous, but they could NEVER make something to live up to such an interpretation as "you go mad by looking at them." And that has a lot to do with the fact that if a design team designed something that would make them and anyone else that looked at it go mad, it would never be able to be integrated into the game.

Edited by Morec0

So much so that it's IMPOSSIBLE. They could try, but they'd NEVER hit ANYTHING close to what you/Teq want them to and you'd just end up being disappointed in result. You can shoot for the stars all you want, but when you have something at risk - in this case the interest of your fanbase - you need to aim slightly to the side so you don't cause the whole damn thing to crash and kill you.

They can make them incredibly beautiful, they could make them incredibly hideous, but they could NEVER make something to live up to such an interpretation as "you go mad by looking at them." And that has a lot to do with the fact that if a design team designed something that would make them and anyone else that looked at it go mad, it would never be able to be integrated into the game.

As an avid reader of Lovecraft I have to agree with you. The reason that those cause you to go mad is cause they do not fit into the human imagination. I use imagination here because it encompasses the entirety of human experience and thought. They violate every sense of what is possible based on everything within human understanding. It is the primary reason that Lovecraft is not fit for a visual medium despite the nearly incessant attempts. The descriptions Lovecraft used were deliberate It is by design beyond description. If they were capable of doing it, it would in fact drive all who saw it mad. Not a terribly good strategy for maintaining a player base. 

Edit: Pardon my inebriated ramblings. I think the point I was trying to make is that if it's beyond human imagination then well, there you have it. 

Edited by NevanChambers

OMG THIS HYPE HURTS! :(

Ok seriously i am actually in pain.... ;-; This hype is making me want to cry with joy and sadness.... Joy that its coming next week.

Sadness that it isn't coming NOW! :(

ALSO DE YOUR SO BRILLIANT! OMG! YOUR JUST SO SMART! :D WHOEVER THOUGHT THE GRENEER TRANSMISSION UP DESERVES A PROMOTION! :D

Sorry for so much cap i am just so hyped. ;-;

I decided to make a strawpoll for hype. :)

http://strawpoll.me/1398454

Edited by Feallike

Dude, what part of "I'm not talking about that" don't you understand?

Of bloody course something like that is incredibly subjective. I made it clear I'm talking about the Sun Wukong fight.

Edited by SolidSp33d

D E C R Y P T I (O) N | S E K W U E N C E (SEQUENCE) | I N I T I A T E D 

Now waiting for 2nd screen to possibly get the leaked picture of Volt with dual katanas, if it was a leak and not a intended script tease then we appologize for digging to deep and we know what todays answer is.