The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

A 1 week delay doesn't come out of nowhere. They saw this happening at least a day ago, possibly more, and figured the best solution was to suprise everyone on release day.

I'm not quitting the game but you really are hurting DE by being so quick to their defense when they do something stupid. Don't you want them to improve? You're hurting them so hard.

I don't want DE to look stupid, I want them to succeed, and this doesn't help :(

Maybe not. The lobbies (dedicated servers) are coming in the next update so maybe there was some last minute hardware problems.....anything could have happened

Edited by Deidaku

As a new player, I'm not very mad about this (even though I've started to get on the trail of updates), the new water frame looks very cool and Badlands (don't know exactly what that is) look good.

But some people are right, DE did wrong, they shouldn't have hyped and let me tell you, this will sound bad for you, but Rebecca's response was very rude, it's like "Oh you waited for this for so long and we've been hyping all week? F*** you, here, take some in-game stuff and see us playing what you have one more week of waiting this Friday".

Some people just have to stop being so much protective.

Ya I agree they could have handled it better but I mean are working insanely hard to get it finished so we should at least appreciate the fact that they are working that hard for us I mean I probably won't play the game again until the new update is released.

I wouldn't mind a buggy release. Why? Because this is a BETA. Why does everyone, including DE, seem to forget that?

I am let down at what happened today, but I cannot hate the situation or hate them.

Why would DE forget is a beta? I assume it is a lot of people being very angry at their own unfortunate events and chastising DE for it.

People mention bugs with great "passion" when we should be returning constructive criticism.

I don't mean this as an attack, just analyzing the situation. The more we attack them for a fatal flaw, the more we forget that we are, in the most strangest of sense (because this is a lengthy beta), testers.

To be honest, we've waited this long for melee 2.0 (was supposed to be released some time ago) I'm fairly certain we can wait longer. At least we have more of an idea when it will be released. Before it was 'maybe here or there... don't know now'. Now we know it's round the corner.

Where's Sixty's 'SOON' image with that DE Dev poking their head round the corner? Couldn't be more appropriate here.

Edited by Naith

Update 13 isnt going to come any sooner than it is. Its huge update and they want to release it right. Stop pressuring DE already. 

Who wants to bet that when it is here, the same people that complained so much about how it couldnt come any sooner are the same people that complain about all the things are wrong with it. 

Maybe i'm just blowing smoke into nothing, but i for one, dont have any expectations about update 13 therefore i wont be disappointed. Sure, we've seen promises that werent kept but DE always gave us something to keep us going. 

The forums just got so immature so fast, i had to say something. 

leave your hate comments here and be done with it. And lets keep playing this game that we've all come to love and enjoy and be the higher quality players that we really are....unless you arent?

I believe that most of this "community outrage" was created from simply the devs not actually stating that they had to delay the update. Many (I imagine) thought that the extra 7 day timer was planned all along.

With hindsight just saying: "We have some issues with GU13, gonna have to delay update for approx. 7 days" would have gotten a far better responce than a timer...

They wouldn't have known it was going to be delayed until early this morning.

Based on the last few teaser videos those guys spend Tuesday night in the office before the Wednesday release.

Rebecca and Megan are likewise posting at all hours the day of the actual big releases.

My impression from that last panel is they went for a Coup de' Grace and it fell a little short from initial estimates.

That last panel suggests Badlands, which I didn't expect for at least a few more months.

DE is working hard, they don't need all this pressure.

I see a few people saying that Rebecca seemed to be acting a little cold today, but isn't that kinda natural that she'd put up an apathetic front when so many people are just raging at her?

We now have confirmation that U13 is coming next week, no more delays.

We could have gotten Melee 2.0 sooner, but it'd just be half-baked and leave lots to be desired. Instead of letting that happen, the developers are doing all they can to ensure that it blows us away. I think that should be easy enough to understand.

I know we've been anticipating this for a very long time, but just wait a little longer. Great things can't be rushed.

Release the update today with a major flaw, thousands flood the forum and rage / put it off yet another week to fix said issue thousands flood the forum to rage.... tough spot indeed, Yes i was extremely hyped when i thought we where getting the update, yes i indeed raged a little inside when i found out it would be another week, Then i saw Rebeca's explanation i would rather wait 1 week then have some fundamental flaw that kept a majority of player being able o play which is my guess to what happened. DE thank you for working so hard and continuing to do so, i would like to apologize on the behalf of the community as a whole for there sheer lack of respect in being a patient little tenno, and i hope at least most of them are venting there frustration because they truly love the game as much as i do.

Lotta people seem to be getting tossed around that i'm being whiny or its close to all I got right now. Yes, I am being whiny, and at this moment, after work theres nothing more I like to do than to play with friends. Its a stagnant period where theres not much of an option.

In the long run though, im not mad over the update, I really am just dissapointed. It could be just a dinky thing that happens, and if things come up and they give some proper form of apology over the stream then thats perfect, but its like, its a trust issue. Something always comes up with DE over the years and its starting to make it feel like why put trust into false promises? It will come, I know, but please just, take a step back and let it come when its ready, rather than having such a massive outpouring like this happen from leagues of fans.

Maybe i dont understand anything but i think they had to delay it to make it  ''better'' (who wants a bug full update?) and anyways who said anything about U13 and something being released on this wednesday. its a grineer propaganda release not U13 release. if they were releasing it TODAY, then even i would know about it. Anyways the grineer propaganda is only a PREWIEW of U13 (i think)

Not even a PC player, but all that nerd rage in every post is just stupid. As a PS4 player we are used to not being part of the hype train and I think no matter what, you guys are doing a great job in progressing and supporting this game.

I rather not be part of it than getting your hopes and hypes crushed every 2 months tbh.

>inb4 quit the game and come back later.

yeah.. no.. DE has to do it right.

Agreed, people need to stop being impaietent.

There can be much worse devs. Be happy with what you have.

I don't think its the impatients, but rather people acting immature, and being spoiled. Hell atleast DE does a mini update ever friggin Wed, and we get new content, that alot more than any other F2P games I seen. Half the community is taking that for granted.

You want DE to not improve when they commit errors and you want DE to look like they don't know what they're doing to potential players. Let DE defend themselves, you are hurting them by making their fans look so defensive. I want DE to succeed, and people going "its a free game in a beta you should be grateful you leeches" even though there are purchases and its easily comparable/better in content to many released games is disgusting.

Let DE admit gracefully that they screwed up and apologize, don't make up excuses.

The problem is that they didn't defend themselves.  We got one post from Rebecca after they let the forums rage for an hour and a half.  And then the thread that post was in got locked shortly after.

This is the kind of situation that deserves a post a long these lines:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110474-an-apology/

Edited by Aggh