The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

It should be made clear that none of us deserve an update from them. We don’t deserve any compensation. Its not our game, it’s DE’s.

People like you are the reason why devs nowadays feel justified in wronging their community.

People like you are the reason why they don't improve. Why developers nowadays do stupid crap and then feel it's okay.

Like everyone else, I am super disappointed and upset that U13 has been delayed once again. I even bought a 7 day aff booster in anticipation, oh well. My gf and I broke up yesterday so I was really looking forward to this update to help cheer me up but I guess that won't happen. If they could at least release the katanas and crossbow today, I'll be happy until next week... hopefully next week...

Ok guys, we're all disappointed. Hugely so. Put the pitchforks down for a second guys. DE, put the padlock away.

We need to relax a bit; yes, we all wanted to get our hands on melee 2.0 today. Heck; I missed out on 3 hours overtime today to get home for Update 13, because I was super excited. I told my friends who knew of Warframe to start playing again today (Yeah, I look like a fool to them now)

I love Warframe to bits; truly I do. I've just hit Mastery 14 and am working my way to 15 and I still love the game. So yes, we need to chill. No update 13 today - bit of a kick in the nards, but we'll all be able to get up again once the pain passes.

However

DE did mess up with the Hype Site. It reminded me a lot of the release of Portal 2: MAJOR HYPE. And it worked. By the Lotus, were we excited for Update 13. Your login servers would have screamed with the sheer flow of players entering the game when that baby was dropped. The Hype Train was in FULL motion.

But really, if you're going to do that; to build up THAT much hype over a full week, you need to make sure it's ready. When a movie is trailered, the movie is done. The hype is built up, then the movie is released on time (because it's already done).

This update should have been pretty much done last week. I mean, REALLY done. As in, maybe a couple minor bugs to tweek, or to add/remove a bit of eye-liner from Hek. We wouldn't have known the update was ready, but you could have continued to build the hype up for a massive increase in player-count.

So, ultimately; what do I want to say?

Guys, chill. I know telling someone to chill usually results in receiving a fist to the face, but just take a deep zen-esq breath, and relax. So we have to wait another week, so what? We know Update 13 is going to rock our socks. So lets just wait for our Christmas a little longer.

DE, you have to know that you ballsed this up. You can't hype a community to that level, without warning us that something was wrong, to suddenly delay it like this. It would have been a fantastic April Fools joke, but sadly it isn't. I'd love it if you did another one of these gimicky hype things again because lets face it; they're fun. But make sure you can deliver next time, pweeze?

Hugs and kisses all around, Community and DE. Let's stop stabbing each other with pitchforks and padlocks.

Baby wants mommy and daddy to stop fighting now.

Okay everyone? We cool? Discuss mildly hurt feelings but accepted disappointment, whilst also giving and receiving interweb-hugs.

1- Something that was supposed to be far away has come sooner = the lobbies and badlands .

2 - If the lobbies are here , that means dedicated servers. The delay of today was probably caused by some kind of technical problem linked to this imo

If not DE who's to blame?

Nobody but them. For doing what they did. Hype up something with a custom webpage to boot and then fail the community.

But they saw that with this hype that it yet again trampled the product so now they are going to give the product more additions and a good polishing so that this update will be of the likes that we have never seen before :D

Everyone is human remember, they did not anticipate this much hype and because of this they are giving us free items to say that they are sorry.

But all i know is that they have the best intentions for this game and for the people who play it.

THAT is what keeps me going, the fact that they care.

It's funny.

People always build up hype, only to suck at jenga and get it all knocked down.

Want to know what's also funny?

They never announced a official release date for an update, just hinted today would be the day- right after April fools too. Lol.

Edited by Cepmosod

I don't see how the community is to blame for DE deciding that Update 13 isn't ready to be released yet.

Worth noting that I'm fine with it not being released as well.  I wouldn't want it to be released before it is ready.  Matter of fact, I'd actually prefer it if they took a week or two off releasing new things and spent the time cleaning up a bunch of the little things that have accumulated over time.

Edited by Axterix13

Ok so, putting aside whatever hurt feelings may have risen to the surface after this debacle there is definitely one piece of feedback that I think DE need to be given.

We need a better form of communication with you guys. The devstreams are great and I'm sure we all appreciate how much you all work your asses off for our sakes but we need a better go between to let us know about these sort of situations even if it's only slightly ahead of time. You have your community manager in the form of DERebecca but there are a lot of times when we as a community definitely feel out of the loop and this would be one of those times. I think it's important for people to keep a calm head because unexpected issues DO happen but I also think it's important for someone down the line to be letting us know about things like this delay rather than leaving it to the very last moment.

I'm not going to pretend that any sort of warning would have calmed down every player who has felt the need to flame you after this, as some people really do struggle to put things into perspective but I think all in all the warframe community as a whole would feel a lot less frustration if we knew there was a line of communication set up to prepare us for setbacks like this one.