Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Ok, fine. Update next week, but that means you have a whole extra week to work on it. With that much extra time, there should be next to no bugs, melee 2.0 should be glorious for how long you've delayed it, Hek should be an invigorating fight, and that new frame had better not be clan tech!

Every single major update before this one was causing HELLA LOT of problems. I dont remeber a single update that would not break game in one place or another - being it Void drops, bosses kills crushing game etc.

Yes DE hotfix things rather fast, but people still have to suffer initial problems even if they are glaring, not some subtile problems that are easy overlooked.

We were fed with promises about upcoming stuff but right now it seems that you just going to pack way too much in a single update and people will just go badonka - because I am 90% sure that half of new stuff wont properly work on launch day. Question is - will this delay change anything, or we could now already betatest stuff without additional frustration?

Melee 2.0 shall work and only melee 2.0. You dig?

i disagree with 75% of this post, but not for the exact stereotypical reasons, and i'm not going to argue, just here to represent the people in the same boat as myself

so what is it that you disagree about? i am not one quick to retaliation more or less i am quick to understanding.

if you say you are in the same boat as several others and you will not name this boat, i will assume that you are associating yourself with the people who demand constantly from DE and expect results on the clock.

But like i said i wish to hear your side and what you mean.

I am not trying to argue with anyone, if anything at all, i am trying to help people understand and get through that dark place they are in right now and give them realization that patience will yield them great rewards.

so go ahead speak your peace you have my word i will not argue, only understand...

you just lack of awareness to noticed the game haven't "done" yet. Just like the dark sector, s tupid enemy etc.. so i called it demo game. That why I want you and your kind who ever shout it beta bla bla bla stfu. I mean, why ever crying for beta? and even Its not call beta, they still can do the same S#&$ they wanna do. IT GOOD WHEN IT'S STILL CALL BETA, FOR FOOLPROOF WHO DON'T THINK BEFORE TALKING.

The Teaser site was planned for the Update to go live today, so we understand the frustration when players saw a Timer instead of an Update. We goofed and we know it. But please stick around with us, and at the very least accept our apology alerts. We're still working on Update 13 so that when it goes live we can say we're happy and proud of what you'll be playing.

Okay :D

So it's next week then? D: great!

Alrighty so first off i would like to say hello to my community members!

Second, i would like to start off saying that i do not want any huge negativity or raging in this thread it'll only prove my point.

Now to the main topic, Update 13.

Why are people mad right now? because melee 2.0 was to be implemented in update 13 but was held back to this week and now it is being held back even more.

Did you stop to think why they held it back? No, i understand that most of you right now are in a state of anger and need to vent it out by complaining to DE or about DE. Let me stop you right there.

DE is not to blame right now, its the community.

Before you go all world on fire on my but at least hear me out, i think you'll understand in the end.

The reason why this update was held back again was because of the reason it was held back the first time. 

The Hype did not equal the product being delivered.

With over 2,700 posts on the anticipation UBERTHREAD, days before the update was scheduled to be released, the hype just simply is too much for what DE believes they are offering.

Another reason that the community is responsible for this is because of our demands, mind you, not even requests anymore. The community for several months, if not the entire game life, have been asking for end game content. But recently with the devstreams talking more and more about the focus system, the badlands, and endgame overall; people have been demanding for this content again i emphasize the community isn't requesting anymore they are demanding.

For this alone i have to say shame on you community as you are neglecting the kindness of these Developers and milking them for all they are worth. Warframe is a game that the developers created FOR THE COMMUNITY, and progresses and develops by the decisions OF THE COMMUNITY.

But time and time again we see that people, if not the majority of the community, abuse this power by demanding more from the developers, scrutinizing any new content that they experiment with (remember the grineer lights?), and most just say that they are veterans of the game and threaten to leave the game all together if nothing is done about their needs and wants. 

Now lets turn our attention to [DE] and see why they delayed Update 13

One topic is the main cause, End Game. Like i mentioned in the previous reason, the community has been demanding the release of end game content ever since the mentioning of the focus system and the badlands a few DevStreams ago. Now with the huge amount of hype that was created by the potential release of Update 13 today they feel as thought they can do more to make the product live up to the hype.

The solution they see is to add the Endgame content with the next update. that way the overwhelming demands of the community can be quelled for at least the mean time. Because lets be honest the community of warframe is only kind to its Developers when they are paid with updates.

In Summary (for those who don't want to read)

Update 13 was delayed due to the following

-  Product would not live up to hype

- so [DE] decided to add extra stuff, including endgame material to live up to the hype

So do not treat this delay as just another failure of [DE], which it isn't at all, this is an update that needs to live up to the hype so they are going to make it big by including the mother of all content.

-END GAME- 

That alone should be enough to silence the raging hearts of the mindless, heartless, selfish, brutes that call themselves tenno.

My final thoughts and regards to the part of the community that harasses [DE]

-  I want you to look deep into your soul, and now i want you to REALLY look at what [DE] has done for this game, and how fast they deliver these amazing amounts of content.

NOW i want you to go to other games and compare how long it takes for them to release an update, as in ONE UPDATE. Have you compared? Now that you have seen that NOT A F$$$ING SINGLE ONE OF THOSE OTHER MONEY GREEDY AS*HO**S GIVE A FLYING RUK ABOUT THE GAMERS AS MUCH AS DIGITAL EXTREMES DOES!

You people are disgraceful if ever a word was to be branded on your head. Just disgraceful. I for one thank [DE] every single update via messaging [DE]Rebecca to tell her to give my best to all of them working there that they are doing an amazing job - no - ASTOUNDING JOB at developing this game. And almost everyday i defend their honor in the threads against people that only spit hate and demands to this group of F&&KING SAINTS!

To the lighter side of the community (aka the non-haters)

To the people who are of the good side of the community, i know you are also in this distress about the delay but yet again i implore you to exercise patience with Digital Extremes as they have done so much already and amazed us every-single-time with their work and content. I would like you to support me in saying that this delay is well needed not only to teach those who are ungrateful for DE's work, but also giving them time to rest up and work on the end game content. 

To [DE]...

I hope to god i never see you falter at the hands of the darker side of this community, all of you should be commended for working outside the normality of the world. 

You aspire to create a game with help from the community to steer you in the right track. and you even have fun discussing and communicating with us, something you would never find in any other games. other games have underpaid support callers for that. but no, we get to talk to the main developers, an opportunity so rare as developers of other games have egos that rise above the clouds.

I thank you for all your work and would like to say you have one member of this community who is patient for the next content and as well as contempt with what you have given us now.  (^__^)/

Back to the community

Who else has the patience for an update that will change warframe's gameplay as we know it?

Which members of this community can look past the greed and appreciate that which [DE] has already delivered?

I would like to know that i am not alone in this. Prove me wrong that this community isn't completely enveloped in greed. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG.

~DeathMavrik

Darker side of community huh?    

well all of the above ^      no :)

They've been hyping the patch for a long time and more so as wednesday neared, then today they pull a fast one and delay it another week. That's borderline incompetence and in any other job that would get you fired.

But devs get away with bs like that because there's countless fanboys to white knight them in the forum and make them feel like it's ok to screw up.

Unfortunately, you're utterly right. In both paragraphs. This was a colossal balls up, and to try and keep themselves from getting bad rep, they're ninja-deleting any thread that says a bad word about them, but leaves the ones that praise DE or pat them on the back, up.

Yeah, that really improves my opinion of DE.

In all honesty this whole situation was poorly mishandled, by both the Devs and the community.

starting off with the Devs

the first mistake was not coming out from the beginning and saying sorry we need to post pone again, this would of been much preferable to continuing the original grineer propaganda countdown teaser in to yet another count down, what made matters worse was the continued theme of a "discover all the clues game" in the new counter and having it in grineer numbers, A most of the community are unaware of grineer text, and B this further creates the sense that this delay was intended from the beginning. What made matters worse was allowing the once over hyped community devolve to speculation and spite for over an hour and then giving a rushed response that got lost in the waves of this thread by many, and the only consolation for the delay is "here are some alerts go play and join our stream Friday, Kay bai" A proper explanation would of been better and consolation can be better done (will explain later in this post)

in business of any sort the practice is the customer is always right, however that being said the reaction of a large portion of the community was rather atrocious, yes it is understandable that we have been waiting for some of this content a rather long time, it is understandable that it is frustrating that we get a countdown after a count down. That being said it is absolutely uncalled for to turn in to a group of savage apes throwing fecal matter at the devs and each other (like those that tried to play devils advocate) as for those that indirectly blamed DE for wasting a day off from work, that is beyond the confines of immature and entitled, if you took a day off work to play an update on a game that would still be available the next time you don't have work or, ready for this, get home from work. Even if the update came out today you wasted a day because you could of simply waited a few hours or a couple days, it is not the end of the world, same goes for those on spring break you can play it at the earliest chance of free time.

One more appalling reaction from the community was that the demand for more compensation than 60 plat worth of materials, that is beyond selfish be happy you got those at all, reason being those alone are cutting a huge portion of profit from DE, don't see how? Let me spell it out like this...

all the items are about 60 plat which is little under $5, that alone doesn't seem like much does it? Well stay with me here this might get a bit complicated for those that are missing half their brain cells, warframe has at least 7 million players, now imagine if all 7 million took advantage of this free content. Content that other wise each of them would pay $5 for, now multiply $5 by 7 million, the result is 35000000, that is $35000000 of profits lost, profits that by the way could be used to make more content for future updates. While I agree we should have more compensation, I do not want to see it in the form of in game content that would cost DE money.

So in the end what needs to happen is both the community and the Devs need to apologize to each other, and not in just a simple sorry bye.

my proposition-

The devs have a wonderful opportunity to kill kill 2 birds with one stone here, repay for the blunder, and also rebuild hype at a more controlled and sensible pace.

Instead of throwing the content at us on a sneak peak on the friday dev stream, they can and should instead release small tidbits about some of the things added, not enough to spoil anything but just enough to sate the appetite of the community and reassure us that things are being worked on and this extra week is worth the wait, things like the name of the new frame, one or 2 of the new weapons their adding something, how much they reveal is up to them it can be simply pictures for us to stare at here on the forums or brief descriptions on what is added. Also explain some of the issues they are having and why its being pushed back an explanation can calm the nerves of many. Another thing is upon release of the update is (if he isnt already) do not make the new frame lab tech, considering how he is the 2nd most anticipated part of this update making people wait 9 and a half days on top of the already 7 for the update would cause another back lash like this one, what ever you do dont put him and all the new weapons in the clans, put some of the weapons there but not all. If you don't know where to put him maybe if, if you are willing to take suggestions, have him as a dual drop on earth, at the rate your adding frames you will eventually have to make them dual drops so why not start now, that being the case put him on the planet that makes sense earth, after all his teaser image says "a new warframe has risen from the ocean depths" hinting that he was first encountered on earth. It would also give some of the veterans more of a reason to go back to earth and fight the updated vek in order to get this frame, so once again another 2 birds one stone situation here.

now for the community

best way the community can apologize to DE is doing our utmost best to ensure a victory for warframe in the MMObomb f2p contest we already are winning the vote of the semi finals so this leaves just the finals, and if we rally behind this we can obtain a monumental achievement for the community, DE, and well the gaming community as a whole, proving that a studio can break off from publishers make a game for free with out pay2win, and end up on top of the competition playing with the big names in the business, and making several publishers rethink their methods *cough* EA *cough*. We owe it to ourselves and DE to mark another award in the history of warframe.

What do you assume is the main topic of each and every thread Regarding U13? All of the threads regarding U13, as i have seen so far, have been nothing but the same topic over and over:

- why was there a screen for the countdown

- why didn't they directly tell us of the delay

- what the heck [DE] ? 

- etc.

I see nothing that is constructive in repeating the same idea over and over, where as everyone who is in the forums need to read and understand the people who are taking the time and energy to explain to people why they should not be so upset about this update delay.

There is no need for the criticism thread of U13 because it holds no constructive value, [DE] will not be able to learn anything from that but how many people are just that greedy for the sanctification of their needs.

whereas posts, such as mine, sit down and kindly tell the understanding tennos what is going on and also to slap the tennos who are just raging.

My thread, and the others like it, are constructive criticism TO THE COMMUNITY, because we the purpose of these forums is to learn, respect, help, and have fun with others. Not to disrespect, rage, and crucify those who mean the best for us. 

From reading your post i arrived at the conclusion that you too, like any other OP today, are just speculating in what could be the case, you slip by because you are diving so far into their crevice it is actually painful to watch. dont forget surface for oxygen, or ideally bring a snorkle.

Nothing different about your forum topic, no moderator's badge or anything, there is absolutely no reason at all to listen to your reasoning any more than the negative threads, as the only official statement we have currently is rebecca's, although it is 6ft under by now. anything beyond rebeccas 5 liner is pure speculation, untill DE buckle up and tell us whats going down.

Don't forget that negative criticism is just as valid as positive criticism(praise), and any criticism can be used to learn, and i dont think that this praising of failure is healthy, often its the things you dont like to hear that makes you better.

And rebecca DID confirm that it was planned for today.

Edited by Storbein