The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Self entitled PC players. Get one delay and there's 50 threads and the sky is falling.

1) It's not one delay, it's at least 3

2) At least the complaints are that DE hyped up a today-release. Better than self-entitled PS4 players who want DE to go back on their word and release the Founders pack to them, thinking they somehow deserve it, even though DE said repeatedly that they won't.

(EDIT: Patch was delayed for good reasons I am sure! However the release of the information is what I am not happy with. I do not mind delay.)

OK update will *hopefully* come next week. It might need to be delayed further, who knows. The delays are all necessary to guarantee us a solid, well tested and fun product. When it gets here, it WILL be great. I for one will waste many many glorious hours and many many of my moneies on it now and in the future.

However, for this delay, I feel we need to know the reason for it. I would like to know when it was known that the patch would not run live this week.

Why? Am I entitled? I often consider this deeply, so it maybe true, but I would like for you to consider something for a second.

The F2P MMO bomb finals were running over the last few days. If DE released this information early it may have poisoned us all to not so staunchly defend DE against Mabinogi. That voting war was epic and whoever won this semi-final is probably a shoe in to win overall. It is my theory that DE has known the patch was to be delayed for a few days now. They sat on this till the last possible opportunity so as not to sour the current player attitude. This also allowed them to keep running the Grineer systems hype right to patch day to bring in more voters. I cannot prove any of this. However I feel that winning awards for your game is probably better in the long run then being truly open with your community.

NOW I might be completely wrong. It may be that on patch launch day the DE devs came in to the office and some crazy hard working guys had already been working through the night. As they turn their tired eyes up to the morning crew it was clear that the patch just was not going to be ready that week and so it really did have to be pulled at the last moment. It took them a while to brainstorm a way of feeding this info to the players and giving some token as an apology. Then they took cover, rightly so, to give time for the red mist to clear from the communities eyes.

Side note - Why is there no proper apology thread or announcement? We got one for void drop tables once and I for one really appreciate that now. For this, Rebecca and Megan, post in the mega-thread and when those drop off the Dev last posts no one will be able to find them... It should be in the main 5 posts at the top.

What will we get? I am going to go with 7:32 seconds worth of dev stream that will vaguely say it was so close but they pushed it back at the really really last minute. Then they will simply begin acting excited about the actual update and show us them playing through of all the awesome stuff we will get next week. It will be awesome when we finally get it and we all will appreciate its greatness. There will be No real explanation though, no cool 9th hour story against adversity including compiling errors, developer RSI and a dog who stole a Hard drive then ran 5 miles while being chased by the devs before being caught (that would be cool).

Oh well I guess my body is turning back to Jade. I better spent another week working hardcore in the lab again then.

TLDR:

Delay is fine and will all work out fine in the long run, however....

Theory - DE kept the delay secret to the last moment so as to not ruin their chances of wining the semi finals of the MMO bomb F2P competition at the expense of community transparency.

Edited by MDRLOz

TLDR:

Delay is fine and will all work out fine in the long run, however....

Theory - DE kept the delay secret to the last moment so as to not ruin their chances of wining the semi finals of the MMO bomb F2P competition at the expense of community transparency.

Yeap. They handled the situation really bad. I think people would've understand if they announced it themselves ASAP rather than wait for some players to see that timer and start a fuss about it.

Hehehe.

Conspiracy theories now.

I don't know what to say to you without sounding rude...

I hardly doubt that was the case at all.

I hardly doubt they care more about some random contest on a website that most people didn't even know it existed before the contest itself than the game they have been dreaming for years and their players.

Yeah, maybe they finished U13 weeks ago and just held it back so they could win a Showdown.  Or maybe U13 is nowhere near finished and DE is just the biggest evil in the gaming industry after EA.

Or maybe the update simply wasn't in a state to be released at this time.  But that's crazy talk.

Edited by Katakuna

If they weren't gonna deliver why build all the hype? It's not the waiting, I can wait another month if I have to, its the fact that so many people were purposely hyped for this and all they had to say was "oops sorry, next week!".

And yes, its their IP, they don't need to tell us anything, but this IP LIVE's off of OUR money, this attitude kinda scares away potential plat buyers, which is not a good thing.

What was absolutely ridiculous was that instead of an apology and explanation, we got that response from DERebecca. "See you next wednesday". "Or check out the Friday Devstream". " Sorry no Reinforcements AT ALL today".

Oh come on. You guys can surely do better than that. Is it so hard to give us at least a preview item from what you are promising to give us next wednesday ? Absolutely no explanation other than "nope no update today " !?. I really did take time out to play this game this week, and will not be able to take the time off next week. So it really is annoying, especially as a loyal customer and player who's supported DE since the start of open Beta. 

Actions like this might seem minor and forgettable in the short-term, but company goodwill among customers, a good PR policy and trust go a long way. All the big-name game companies who the fanboys are thrashing on this forum learn from their mistakes and make changes. 

Didn't they already mentioned they weren't giving out guaranteed reinforcements anymore or something?

I'm not sure, but I don't have to be constantly spoonfed content just for the sake of it. I can wait.

Here's my conspiracy theory.

It was delayed to iron out bugs and last-minute kinks.

Wait that's not a theory, that's common sense.

Umm just want to point out, as most people who write these thread do, I completely understand the delay. It will be an amazing product once delivered. I will love it to bits and think delay was justified.

I am not saying anything was wrong about why the patch was delayed. I am saying that the way DE has handled the release of the information is what needs to be called into question

It depends. If it was a problem that occurred on the patch day it could have been some critical compiling error Or that unexpected things happened at without changing everyone would have fallen through the floor when starting a level.

If it was a longer term problem then they probably just could not get everything done in time Thus need another week to finish one or two thing then bug fix

I've said it before and I'll say it again: why do we have to wait until next wednesday? If they really didn't know until today that it wouldn't be ready for today, then it can't possibly have more than a day or two of work on it, can it? So why can't they release it Thursday or Friday?

Also, where the hell are the actual Devs on this issue? This is exactly the kind of thing they need to speak up on, rather than delegating to Community Management.

Edited by OblivionNecroninja

Actually I think offering something would have had a negative affect.

Cries of "If you have time to plan/make such a reward you should spend it finishing U13" would probably have happened to.

I personally respect the lack of a dangling carrot just to get us to vote.

I'm sure they were trying to implement a lot of things today on their test servers and ran into problems, this kind of stuff happens. If anything, I'm sure this is bothering them more then it's bothering us, Warframe is their livelyhood, to use it's just a fun game. That said, I hope they put out "something" tonight, even if it's just re-inforcements, but even that could be askin for too much if the new weapons were melee 2.0 related. The new Warframe would be nice though, I could certainly wait till next week if I had a new toy ehehehehe.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: why do we have to wait until next wednesday? If they really didn't know until today that it wouldn't be ready for today, then it can't possibly have more than a day or two of work on it, can it? So why can't release it Thursday or Friday?

Because it seems like the problem they are having is so major that they need one whole week to fix it without even giving us a reinforcement or even talking about it. It's that bad, according to how DE is behaving. I dunno, some major technical problem on their end !?