The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

It seriously has nothing to do with that popularity contest. While I don't know any more than any of you guys I get the feeling that what held the update back was some sort of last minute problem that they realized rushing in a fix before the patch would only make worse.

For them to delay an update on update day something had to have come up that they didn't want to put us through hotfix hell over.

technically I might be optimistic they have 2 hours left what if it gets fixed I mean who know what there trying to do right now

No. They're planning for next Wednesday. Question is whether it will be ready then. Obviously they have said previously that it'd be ready beginning of March, then this past Wednesday (teaser site was basically saying that), so we can't go off of their word. Basically, it's ready when it's ready so don't take their word on when it's ready because even they don't know when it's ready until it's ready (because they obviously can't judge ahead of time when it might be ready... j/k, they probably recognize some big error at the last minute).

BTW, which this thread closed immediately once the new broke that it wasn't coming today.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Could be worse. Mechwarrior: Online released months ago (the only real change was they removed the 'beta' from the logo), and they're working on the 'launch module' now, and it'll probably be months before it's done. They launched the game, and then started to work on the launch module. Compared to that, Warframe is making astonishing progress. 

I'm sure they were trying to implement a lot of things today on their test servers and ran into problems, this kind of stuff happens. If anything, I'm sure this is bothering them more then it's bothering us, Warframe is their livelyhood, to use it's just a fun game. That said, I hope they put out "something" tonight, even if it's just re-inforcements, but even that could be askin for too much if the new weapons were melee 2.0 related. The new Warframe would be nice though, I could certainly wait till next week if I had a new toy ehehehehe.

Yeah that's the thing. If the entire U13 is broken so badly that they cannot even give us one item as Reinforcement, then why the hell did they even start all that hype. It's just sheer incompetence. If any employee in these well-known game publishers that fanboys love to talk trash about on these forums tried to pull something like that off, he would be fired on the spot and the playerbase would be issued an instant apology/update.

Now I think you understand some of the merits of a game developer being controlled/watched over by a professionally run publisher that works like a professional company.

DE did NOT once say that U13 would be this week (as far as I know anyway) Besides why the hell would they release the final teaser and the update the same day? thats not how you tease people >.>

It was confirmed by both DERebecca and DEMegan. U13 was supposed to be today.

DE did NOT once say that U13 would be this week (as far as I know anyway) Besides why the hell would they release the final teaser and the update the same day? thats not how you tease people >.>

Hey look guys, someone else who's wrong. Megan said it was intended to come out today. Also, when you have new reveals each day that lead up to the typical release day, that's saying it's coming out that day, just like their new foolhardy countdown is doing the SAME THING.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: why do we have to wait until next wednesday? If they really didn't know until today that it wouldn't be ready for today, then it can't possibly have more than a day or two of work on it, can it? So why can't they release it Thursday or Friday?

Also, where the hell are the actual Devs on this issue? This is exactly the kind of thing they need to speak up on, rather than delegating to Community Management.

I say the same thing. I've got no problem with Community Management speaking up because, well, they're the mouthpieces of the dev team. I just want to know why, if it's gonna be playable by the dev team Friday, it can't be playable for the community Friday. I certainly hope they're not trying to add yet something else to this update (if the teaser site is anything to go by, why add Badlands to it?)

EDIT: I take most of this back. I did not hear specifically it was going to be released today and got pushed back and that is why I wrote this. After reading more of the forums (and a number of loud replies) I found out it was in fact delayed (and the reasoning behind the 48 hour alerts)

If anything this defends the final comment that they don't want to release it because it's under cooked OR, it was a hype for the voting thing going on. I don't know and will never find out.

I am keeping this up, but my thoughts on it have changed.

Edit 2: I wrote this while browsing a smaller warframe community and I copied the text from there. This was he main reason I didn't hear it was for today.

-----------------

Outdated:

There was no way it was going to be released today, they are still building hype and need the info of all of this to circulate before opening the floodgates.

If you honestly expected it today I feel sorry for you, but you shouldn't get upset at DE for this. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a company release new info on something 3 hours before releasing the item itself.

Also Update 13 came a lot faster than I expected. DE has done good work here. So long as they didn’t under cook it and it’s riddled with broken light-esc mechanics

Hold tight, the update is just around the corner.

Edited by cam-o-flage20

Will something come up last minute again next week?

Like all the other previous weeks....

That's my concern with them setting yet another deadline with another countdown. You'd think they'd learned by now...

well to be honest if they finish the update tomorrow as a example I hope they just release it instead of waiting

No,they'll wait. And probably try to add something else to the already bloated update. Yeah, I'm optimistic...

There was no way it was going to be released today, they are still building hype and need the info of all of this to circulate before opening the floodgates.
If you honestly expected it today I feel sorry for you but don’t get upset at DE. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a company release new info on something 3 hours before releasing the item itself.
Also Update 13 came a lot faster than I expected. DE has done good work here. So long as they didn’t under cook it and it’s riddled with broken light-esc mechanics

The update is just around the corner

THEY'VE SAID IT WAS INTENDED FOR TODAY.

THEY'VE SAID IT WAS INTENDED FOR TODAY.

Ok, I did not hear of this. If they said it was today and pushed it back, that is hard to defend.

Hard...to...read...

But I agree.

Copied the text from another site I posted on. Fixed.

I don't personally know any of the DE, but I believe there are among them who would want to make Warframe a masterpiece. While at the same time being pushed by the Managerial Level by decisions that are governed by one thing only "Profit".

Miscommunication, bad decisions, indecisiveness, centralization, corruption. Just to name a few deseases that destroy well designed projects. Now guess where the delay came from?

Antoine, flaming. :p

I'm not flaming, just a little testy because OP is like the 50th person to be wrong on this particular issue when it is incredibly easy to look at the last dev reply to understand that it indeed was intended for today. And yes, it's a bit offensive to basically call idiots anyone who expected the update today (and yes, that's proper english :p)