The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

If only DE could somehow finish it before next Wednesday and deliver it as an exception.

That thought made me remember we used to get updates on Fridays -- Man, wasn't that a great way to start the weekend!

Edited by NightmareT12

If only DE could somehow finish it before next Wednesday and deliver it as an exception.

That thought made me remember we used to get updates on Fridays -- Man, wasn't that a great way to start the weekend!

I think I remember that. And yeah, it WOULD be a nice surprise. I doubt ANYONE would complain!

*hint**hint*

just wanna ask the people who screaming y no u13 and explains why you mad bla bla bla, do you want to play warframe, of dark sector? if warframe , stfu and let DE do THEIR work. It just happen like when a Dev making a game and said: there will be a game on bla bla. then, they haven't release on that date. EVERYON FREAKS OUT. But what they do is just foo things. And ic it effect your emotions because of haven't release. PLAY ANOTHER GAME! Planetside2, LOL etc... if it no happy with playing those game. Thats your problems now. And then stfu till its ok.

Not many people were acting like "&!$$y little children flinging temper tantrums when things don't go our way" from what i saw. Most of the community was just mad at the horrible way it was handled(we seriously were left alone with that counter for 2 hours before anything was said by DE). Like i said in an earlier post, stop defending DE like they are kids every time they screw up. It won't help anybody(least of all DE)

Go back to about page 110ish and you'll see it. A lot of the threads were just straight deleted.

While we weren't given information for a while, that's because there was another problem they had to deal with, the alerts not giving a reward.

Finally DE isn't being defended "like they are kids" they are defended because while they make mistakes, they fix them and more importantly go on a love stream and say to everyone "ya we messed up."

People always say "but DE doesn't listen to us!" If anyone actually believe that they need to do their research. This community has more pull in the game than anyone I've ever seen.

I'm willing to forgive them for yesterday (even though it was very poorly handled) because I know come Friday we'll get an explanation for it.

I think I remember that. And yeah, it WOULD be a nice surprise. I doubt ANYONE would complain!

*hint**hint*

Nah, you guys are dreaming, what is this now? A beta game where players can sometimes be exposed to unfinished content? Nonsense. 

Next you will be saying that there was a 100 page + thread of hype to tell DE before hand that posting another countdown without a word would cause a S#&$storm.

*hint**hint*

Yea the problem was that often bugs could not be addressed until monday because the office is closed on the weekend...Now if they have it fixed fixed...nah the timer...they have committed to this if ...yea but we wouldn't care though!

Go back to about page 110ish and you'll see it. A lot of the threads were just straight deleted.

While we weren't given information for a while, that's because there was another problem they had to deal with, the alerts not giving a reward.

Finally DE isn't being defended "like they are kids" they are defended because while they make mistakes, they fix them and more importantly go on a love stream and say to everyone "ya we messed up."

People always say "but DE doesn't listen to us!" If anyone actually believe that they need to do their research. This community has more pull in the game than anyone I've ever seen.

I'm willing to forgive them for yesterday (even though it was very poorly handled) because I know come Friday we'll get an explanation for it.

^^^^

Nah, you guys are dreaming, what is this now? A beta game where players can sometimes be exposed to unfinished content? Nonsense. 

Next you will be saying that there was a 100 page + thread of hype to tell DE before hand that posting another countdown without a word would cause a S#&$storm.

That's crazy talk... P'shaw

My thoughts on the "beta" state of this game:

It's "Beta", as I like to put it. Called that only for the sake of being able to use it as an excuse when something's not right. The game is, for all intents and purposes, ready to ship with alterations coming along just as they would in any game, but DE keeps the beta name because it's not "completely done" (i.e., not full boss custom models, ect.) - it's a technicallity in a game that can easily update itself like online F2P games can.

It's the same boat Hearthstone is in. For that reason, I can understand their unwillingness to put out an unfinished product that they're not convinced is ready to ship - also based on the grounds that they, as they cited, changed melee 2.0 SO much over the course of it's development. The jarring changes had they been implemented AS they altered it over and over, would have jarred the playerbase and maybe driven a few away. I know of at least one person who doesn't play anymore because of the changes that were made - imagine how many more they might lose if they altered it more frequently.

People would be pissed if they got unfinished/buggy content. We've seen this reaction already.
Edited by Morec0

I know this will just get buried under every other post here, but I'd like to give my final stance and post on this thread.

Back in late January/early February, there was talks and soon release of Melee 2.0. I didn't expect anything except for a few new melee and animations, at the most.

Now, over the past 2-3 months, because of all this hype created by the forums, DE has been delaying it constantly, over and over. Sure, they wanted to add some new melee system, new weapons, animations, and then it exploded.

Now we are expecting not only melee 2.0 in U13, but also new tileset, Warframe and possibly even new bosses(Grineer Queens) as well.

DE, I still don't expect much out of U13, honestly I'm only looking forward to the new Warframe, but this is seriously getting out of hand. You can't promote a week long teaser, then delay the update again, without telling us why. Why was U13 delayed? Why are we being left alone in the dark? Was it the new Warframe that caused the delay? Melee 2.0? Tileset bugs? WHAT?!

At the end of it, my excitement(there wasn't really any to begin with) for the new update has gone down so much that I feel like going on hiatus again, for the second time. DE, let Rebecca do her job. Let her tell us what is going on and why it is happening, that's her job as community manager.

As to everyone saying "it's just a game", yes, you are right, it's just a game, but not everyone that plays video games also has other forms of entertainment. I refuse to watch TV because of the asinine ads and lack of content, so I play video games and watch the occasional anime that interests me and watch a couple YouTube videos a day. So video games are a big part of my life and have been for the past ~15 years(I'm a senior in high school btw).

To me, and many others, video games are our only source of entertainment, and I enjoy playing video games. Warframe has been the only game that is fair and challenging. I've sunk in ~940 hours so far, and I've been around since U7/8.

DE, I'm disappointed by the lack of communication provided here. When you don't communicate with us, you make us feel as if we are talking to CoD devs, giving us vague responses and explanations.

Good luck with the fixing of the update, I might be able to enjoy it next week, but I'm already going to guess it's going to be delayed, again, next week.

The odds are in your favour

...Honestly?

Melee 2.0 was the only thing I was looking forward to.

Vay Hek? Meh, another boss I will visit every once in a while.

New Tileset? Sure. Fun to play with Melee 2.0 on.

Badlands? Don't care. Why try to squeeze them into U13?

New Frame? Depends on the abilities.

Weapon Accessories? That we may or may not have to buy with plat? I can't use a scarf without losing a few FPS.

Melee 2.0 Comes out with U12!

Delayed until the end of February.

Delayed until March.

Delayed until the end of March.

Delayed until U13.

U13 Delayed.

...I'm tired of waiting.

/endslightrant

Yep. I don't understand how some people can go 'Guys, it's one more week' without thinking about how many delays it's had in the past