The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

My thoughts on the "beta" state of this game:

People would be &!$$ed if they got unfinished/buggy content. We've seen this reaction already.

Apologies Morec0, my sarcasm wasnt aimed at you but the subject really. I will not go into the Beta debate, as much as I agree with some of your points.

That being said I am willing to bet platinum that if the playerbase got a partial update for one week, with DE telling them the coming week would bring not only the full planned update but also bugfixes based on BETA TESTERS feedback.

Would there be some overreactions? Absolutely, but there are ALWAYS overreactions to anything anyone does on the internet. But there wouldnt be a S#&$storm. Some people would call DE names and promise to eat their souls but those people do that everytime, no news here.

Just bringing up facts here, without judging too much, DE has a history with transparency and communication, and IMHO it is a poor one. It is impossible to say that that piece of artwork was made on the spot, approved in minutes (with the whole new countdown idea) and shipped in silence. The second countdown was something planned when DE realised they wouldnt be able to meet the deadline. What they also planned was to not talk about it, instead throwing the new countdown there with a couple apology alerts that cannot even be run by the people still forming an opinion on them, the newbies.

So yes, I had thought yesterday was a good day to buy some platinum after months, just to say thanks to DE with my wallet for a nice update with a cool teaser. And it went to Carbon games yesterday after I realised I would be thanking a company I like for doing something I dont.

The only thing we're missing is kid sick with some terminal disease.

"I only wanted to play Melee 2.0 before I die... but they delayed it. I... might not make it."

HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO TIMMY DE! HOW COULD YOU?!

#remembertimmy

If Timmy has devoutedly followed whatever non specific religious belief he believes in I'm sure there's Warframe in his afterlife.

Unless of course he doesn't believe in an afterlife in which case someone is going to have to set up his coffin with wifi.

If Timmy has devoutedly followed whatever non specific religious belief he believes in I'm sure there's Warframe in his afterlife.

Unless of course he doesn't believe in an afterlife in which case someone is going to have to set up his coffin with wifi.

This comment is comic gold.

I think apart of the delays and the other glitches that happening, the most weird is that the most of the community (or at least it's loudest part) can't enjoy the current content which is already here. Bored? Go play something else or do something IRL. You can't believe how refresing it can be.

i would like that they just bring out as soon its rdy

no more deadline bull not even wednesday up

but as soon it's rdy, if it s rdy now, BRING IT OUT NOW

-_-

Edited by Tsoe

Or maybe bury him with his cats and DE along with a pile of gold pots.. so he has wealth and company in his afterlife. 

Edited by LocoWithGun

Or maybe bury him with his cats and DE along with a pile of gold pots.. so he has wealth and company in his afterlife. 

I'm starting to think all we're doing is preventing the zombie apocalypse by keeping the living dead entertained and comfortable within their graves.

I'd be pretty pissed too if I woke up in a cramped dark box that smelled like death.

Go back to about page 110ish and you'll see it. A lot of the threads were just straight deleted.

While we weren't given information for a while, that's because there was another problem they had to deal with, the alerts not giving a reward.

Finally DE isn't being defended "like they are kids" they are defended because while they make mistakes, they fix them and more importantly go on a love stream and say to everyone "ya we messed up."

People always say "but DE doesn't listen to us!" If anyone actually believe that they need to do their research. This community has more pull in the game than anyone I've ever seen.

I'm willing to forgive them for yesterday (even though it was very poorly handled) because I know come Friday we'll get an explanation for it.

Page 110 was still pretty early in the morning, so there wasn't any rage there(some hilarious posts on that page, though).  I don't doubt the fact that there were some tantrum throwing, but in this case, i'd say it was almost (if not) justified. 

Not everyone is like this of course, but i can't count the number of times yesterday where i've seen people come into a topic(with no knowledge of what went down other than the fact that U13 was delayed) running their mouths while using excuses like "lolz it's just a game" and "DE never even said it was gonna be released today!" then get shot down with facts and never replying. Crap like that is what i'm talking about.

But anyway, it really doesn't matter that much anymore i suppose. DE apologized multiple times, gave us free potatoes, and we should be getting some more info on what really went down this friday. I'd say they learned their lesson and won't be doing anything like this again.

Which is why i love them

were on 12.6.1 o-o how are we gonna get to 12.9 by next tuesday and U13 on wednesday/thursday o-o

been thinking about it since yesterday...any answers...point me in the right direction pwease

Version numbering doesn't work like that; the minor number only follows the major number as revision/hotfix number.

Here's a wikipedia entry for that :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning

Edited by Athros

I've been watching the messages intercepted from vay her and at the bottom there is a grineer character that I believe to be the number 7, with the separations and the format of how the last message looks to be getting delivered it looks like a date of 7|_|_|____ the last four blanks presumably being 2014. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?