Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catalyst 'reward'

Xianyu

Gr8 b8 m8.

You know exactly what you're doing with this. Don't even pretend you don't.

People *@##$ed about the alert system, and I honestly didn't think you could do any worse. But I just witnessed the single worst clusterf-ck of BS in my life.

You don't even have a time limit on it. Which is the first hint you're doing something ridiculously shady.

And then you make the opposing reward twenty five thousand credits. Gee, I wonder what bloody morons are going to aim for 25K credits instead of the SINGLE RAREST 'FREE' ITEM IN THE GAME?

And then you force us to run it five times to get the battle pay.

So, let's review.

You make it end when people do the mission a lot: Check.

You force people to only choose A SINGLE FACTION: Check.

You make people RUN THE MISSION MORE TIMES TO GET THE REWARD: Check.

Kudos to you, DE. You made a system even more unfair and broken than the old alert system. At least you made some kind of EFFORT to make the alert system work.

And you can't even pretend like you didn't know this would happen. You made three seperate quite deliberate decisions forcing us to pick grineer, and run the mission OVER AND OVER AND OVER again without a time limit, exhausting the invasion in half an hour.

I was on my last run when the planet was defended. So  I don't get anything.

As a master founder and someone who has spent hundreds of dollars on this game, this is literally the first time I've felt ripped off by this game.

Kindly get your act together.

Sigh....i think this has been on-going for long time, they just need.....to make some changes, like timer for potato/forma invasions specially, so that, ppl don't have to lose the potato easily, like the current alert system....man, i am sick of this, i was finally getting a potato out of blue moon.....and this is what we get....gg.

DE gives out more catalysts than ever, and people are upset.

I just ran the same invasion (even though I was -forced- to fight Corpus, oh the shame!) and managed to get the catalyst.

Thanks for the free catalyst DE!

Even if they made the rewards the same it would lengthen the time.  Tenno would choose different factions to help.

Upset, not crushed...hundreds as well. ;)  

I was on from the start of the invasion and missed out because 2 runs lost connection to host.

Edited by Johnnychimpo26

I dont think they're intentionally doing this, but I think they should do something about it. And I plan to make a post about what this should be.

If the reward for the opposing faction was 50K, or even 100K, then MAYBE people would have chosen it. But no way in HELL are people going to go for 25K over a catalyst. No one is that stupid.

And then there's the fact that every other bloody invasion reward is 3 mission wins for the battle pay. This was five.

So everyone was forced to run it more times to get the battle pay.

And then there's no time limiting at all. No one said 'well, everyone is going to choose to fight for the grineer, hurrrr, shouldn't we make it last longer?'

They're either incredibly blind/wilfully ignorant or deliberately making it impossible to get the reward for the vast, vast majority of players.

I ran those missions fast. But barely any one will run a mission five times in half an hour.

Make all of the invasions have minimum time period of - let's say - 1.5 hours. Even if the bar will hit 0%/100%, the invasion will continue.

And for Luna's sake, don't make people lose the reward if the invasion ends in the middle of the last mission!

Edited by Angius

I don't get it.  

Are you upset cause you didn't get the item?  Or cause others weren't able to get it cause the mission went by too fast?  Or cause you had to play for the faction you don't like?

Its a thing.  And personally I haven't really bothered with invasion missions for anything other then some crafting mats for some of the new weapons that came out.   Other then that I've been working on my dojo and farming void missions.   Its a Catalyst..  Its rare. it makes your weapon have double the mod space..  but at the same time.  could probably sell a few mods or prime parts to someone in trade and get 20 plat to buy one..   Other then that.  only catalyst the weapons you know you are going to use the most.  

Do Alerts and Invasions need tweeks.  Yes..  what those tweeks are.  I don't know.   But try coming to the forums in a positive way, with a good idea on how to improve something.  Rather then coming here and Bashing DE and demending Change while not really giving plausible solution to the problem.    Would Increasing the credits for the other side make people go do that mission instead of a Catalyst?  Probably not.  Would have to be a reactor, Forma.  Or even another Catalyst to make people not just stick to one side.

And then there's the fact that every other bloody invasion reward is 3 mission wins for the battle pay. This was five.

All Invasions require 5, infestations require 3.

And then there's no time limiting at all. No one said 'well, everyone is going to choose to fight for the grineer, hurrrr, shouldn't we make it last longer?'

I don't think you know what a time limit is.

The devs don't manually put these invasion up, they have a system in place that uses RNG to make them up.

Edited by Blastling

I don't get it.  

Are you upset cause you didn't get the item?  Or cause others weren't able to get it cause the mission went by too fast?  Or cause you had to play for the faction you don't like?

Its a thing.  And personally I haven't really bothered with invasion missions for anything other then some crafting mats for some of the new weapons that came out.   Other then that I've been working on my dojo and farming void missions.   Its a Catalyst..  Its rare. it makes your weapon have double the mod space..  but at the same time.  could probably sell a few mods or prime parts to someone in trade and get 20 plat to buy one..   Other then that.  only catalyst the weapons you know you are going to use the most.  

Do Alerts and Invasions need tweeks.  Yes..  what those tweeks are.  I don't know.   But try coming to the forums in a positive way, with a good idea on how to improve something.  Rather then coming here and Bashing DE and demending Change while not really giving plausible solution to the problem.    Would Increasing the credits for the other side make people go do that mission instead of a Catalyst?  Probably not.  Would have to be a reactor, Forma.  Or even another Catalyst to make people not just stick to one side.

Or they could decrease the amount of times needed to run the mission to 3 intead of increasing it over literally every other mission reward. They know that people want catalysts. They prove that by increasing the amount of times needed to run the mission. And even knowing this, they didn't increase the invasion 'length', or institute a time limit, or anything. They just decided to make it harder and cause a giant storm of BS.

I'm pissed off because I ran the mission. I was using mag. Shield polarize and pull destroy the corpus. I ran it four times, and the mission ended on the fifth. In half an hour.

I have at least thirty weapons. All with catalysts in them that I paid for. I have ten warframes. All of them are overcharged, too. I've paid for the reactors that went into them. I've paid for banshee, too, when the RNG decided to never give me the parts I need to get the stupid frigging thing. I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game and more than 300 hours.

And one of the very, very rare times I actually have a chance to work towards something? The game is just like 'lolnope' because DE are either too ignorant or wilfully hates their F2p player base too much to give them even a chance of being able to get the items they want.

And I know this isn't the first time this has happened. They know that every player will go for the catalyst. They made it take more runs to get the damn item and made the opposing pay so pitiful that literally nobody would even dream of aiming for it. They have access to the metrics. I'm willing to bet 20 bucks that less than fifty people ran on the corpus side of that mission. And of those 20, 10 were noobs and 10 clicked the wrong button.

They know their players will pounce on a catalyst reward and instead of accomadating their players and giving them a chance, they decided to make it harder.

That kind of anti-player attitude really makes me not want to play the game and really, really, really makes me seriously rethink buying any more platinum.

All Invasions require 5, infestations require 3.

I don't think you know what a time limit is.

The devs don't manually put these invasion up, they have a system in place that uses RNG to make them up.

Well perhaps I'm mistaken on the number of runs required, then.

They're gone from malevolent to ignorant in my eyes. I hope they see the S#&$storm and actually do something to fix this.

Imo DE needs to remove the cata/reactor rewards from invasions. They get done in less than 10 mins and it leaves the others that didnt make it in time in a rage mode.

Removing those two rewards OR increasing the amount of time a invasion needs to be finished depending to the rarity of rewards. In either case you are either online when it happends and have the best rush damage frame or you are out of luck. By the time someone logs in during those rewards its already half done.

Decreasing the number of runs needed to complete an Invasion for the reward would make the mission resolve faster.   

Honestly Best Solution I've heard so far is... Remove the cats/Potatos from invasions.   

I think they need to rework the system so that if a catalyst, forma or reactor appears on one side the other side has to offer a forma, catalyst, or reactor as well. This would generally relieve the problem, because they last a lot longer when the rewards are close in rarity/value.

And you can't even pretend like you didn't know this would happen. You made three seperate quite deliberate decisions forcing us to pick grineer, and run the mission OVER AND OVER AND OVER again without a time limit, exhausting the invasion in half an hour.

half hour, ive seen it evaporate in 15 minutes.

These invasions nodes should last much longer and thats really my only complaint about it.

There could also be 3 runs for reward but honestly its not necessary as long as it wont disappear in less than half hour.

Edited by Davoodoo

Gr8 b8 m8.

You know exactly what you're doing with this. Don't even pretend you don't.

People *@##$ed about the alert system, and I honestly didn't think you could do any worse. But I just witnessed the single worst clusterf-ck of BS in my life.

You don't even have a time limit on it. Which is the first hint you're doing something ridiculously shady.

And then you make the opposing reward twenty five thousand credits. Gee, I wonder what bloody morons are going to aim for 25K credits instead of the SINGLE RAREST 'FREE' ITEM IN THE GAME?

And then you force us to run it five times to get the battle pay.

So, let's review.

You make it end when people do the mission a lot: Check.

You force people to only choose A SINGLE FACTION: Check.

You make people RUN THE MISSION MORE TIMES TO GET THE REWARD: Check.

Kudos to you, DE. You made a system even more unfair and broken than the old alert system. At least you made some kind of EFFORT to make the alert system work.

I was on my last run when the planet was defended. So  I don't get anything.

As a master founder and someone who has spent hundreds of dollars on this game, this is literally the first time I've felt ripped off by this game.

Did you maybe consider that they wanted that node so badly that they offered the Tenno a Catalyst?

Jokes a side, yes, not all of DE's moves are smart, but you are acting like a giant d. Why does it bother you so much? DE made a mistake?! So fuuuu what? Like you are mister perfect, I bet you never made a mistake.

God damn you people need to calm down, this forum is full with pissed of people. And it's not like you are pissed because something major happened, it's just a tinny little thing, you know.

^ Exactly what YOU should do...

With 5 missions completed you are eligible to get the reward. Send a support ticket and they'll add the reward to your inventory.

I was in the 5th-mission situation twice, the support team can check the log and reissue the rewards for the completed missions.