Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

Cool name! Very themey for a water frame!

With the "valkyr" named frame, I was worried you guys would name it something like "Apollo" or "Sunlord".

I know the stream was apparently filled with naysayers, but it's very cool in many ways, seems fitting.

EDIT: The name means "looks like water, but isn't", and is also applied to a tentacle monster that actually exists, which looks like water in most circumstances, but isn't.

Real life hydroid:

Hydroid%20polyp.jpg

Edited by Llyssa

I like it, it's unique. Some people in this community like to complain about everything that doesn't appeal to them. I just got done reading tons of complaints about that Glaive alert because it didn't suit their liking. o.e

Its a bad name.

Hydro = Water... Android... I get it, but its not good, doesn't fit a Warframe, doesn't fit a Pirate, it sounds out of place.

Should be something like Nautilus, Nemo, Dagon, Triton, anything but Hydroid. 

Hydros sounds like a warframe name and fits in with the theme of a lot of the mythlogical origins of frame/weapon names.  Hydroid might fit his theme as a water frame, but it just doesn't feel like a warframe's name.  A sentinel or a weapon maybe, but not a frame.

I like it, it's unique. Some people in this community like to complain about everything that doesn't appeal to them. I just got done reading tons of complaints about that Glaive alert because it didn't suit their liking. o.e

The glaive alert is because so many people on the dev stream liked it for melee 2.0, that they decided to release it for the people who didn't have it so they could have one.

Source -  DE Rebecca

The glaive alert is because so many people on the dev stream liked it for melee 2.0, that they decided to release it for the people who didn't have it so they could have one.

Source -  DE Rebecca

Yes, I realize that. I was talking about if you read all the posts, you would see nothing but complaints from self-entitled people.

Hydros sounds like a warframe name and fits in with the theme of a lot of the mythlogical origins of frame/weapon names.  Hydroid might fit his theme as a water frame, but it just doesn't feel like a warframe's name.  A sentinel or a weapon maybe, but not a frame.

Agree with this.