Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

"The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread"

(This isn't the complain about his name megathread. Several of those already exist in the appropriate sub-forum.)

Funny you should say that, as mods have merged such threads into this one.

Good job, TenNOOB. Look, a lot of people don't like the name. Deal with it. Is it going to change? Probably not. There's nothing that says it's against the forum rules to dislike something.

I don't understand the madness surrounding the name "Hydroid", in my opinion it's a perfectly fine name for a warframe. Most of the names people want to change it to are already copyrighted, ie Nautilus, Riptide, Aquarius, etc. I'd like to see someone come up with a decent name for a water frame that isn't already taken by another game, copyrighted by a movie, or just plain terrible.

Long live Captain Hydroid.

I don't understand the madness surrounding the name "Hydroid", in my opinion it's a perfectly fine name for a warframe. Most of the names people want to change it to are already copyrighted, ie Nautilus, Riptide, Aquarius, etc. I'd like to see someone come up with a decent name for a water frame that isn't already taken by another game, copyrighted by a movie, or just plain terrible.

Long live Captain Hydroid.

Most others I've heard like the ones you've listed just seem so cliche and obvious to me. I like Hydroid, especially because it's different and not something we've all heard a hundred times over.

Was this topic discussed here or not - I mean his (Hyrdoid's) 1st power....

That "Tempest Barrage" or rather "Barrage", devs said it's barrage form his ship hidden in the void right? Then, how will this work logically in the closed rooms? 

This barrage would magicaly go throughs Grineer Galeons or Corpus ships roofs?

Most others I've heard like the ones you've listed just seem so cliche and obvious to me. I like Hydroid, especially because it's different and not something we've all heard a hundred times over.

Exactly, every name alternative I've seen to Hydroid I've heard before. The thing I'm wondering about the new frame is 'why isn't it the Earth frame, as predicted by the council?' DE went by order of the poll up to this point, and if I remember correctly, waterframe wasn't even a poll choice.

Edit: here's the poll.

Beserker (412 votes [16.70%])

Hawk (375 votes [15.20%])

Necro (754 votes [30.56%])

Earth (127 votes [5.15%])

Matter/Antimatter (799 votes [32.39%])

Edited by Generalthree

That "Tempest Barrage" or rather "Barrage", devs said it's barrage form his ship hidden in the void right? Then, how will this work logically in the closed rooms? 

I think they may have been making a pirate joke. You know... pirate ships.

They may have been joking, may have been serious, but I like to think they were, considering they couldn't keep straight faces as they were saying it.

Exactly, every name alternative I've seen to Hydroid I've heard before. The thing I'm wondering about the new frame is 'why isn't it the Earth frame, as predicted by the council?' DE went by order of the poll up to this point, and if I remember correctly, waterframe wasn't even a poll choice.

Edit: here's the poll.

Beserker (412 votes [16.70%])

Hawk (375 votes [15.20%])

Necro (754 votes [30.56%])

Earth (127 votes [5.15%])

Matter/Antimatter (799 votes [32.39%])

Maybe because it was last place and a lot of people have said that DE said that they don't want to do an earth frame?

Maybe because it was last place and a lot of people have said that DE said that they don't want to do an earth frame?

Well, just because it was last place doesn't mean they're not going to do it. Actually, now that I think of it, they did throw Ogreron in there as a paladin between beserker and hawk, so maybe they'll be doing an earth frame next.

Well, just because it was last place doesn't mean they're not going to do it. Actually, now that I think of it, they did throw Ogreron in there as a paladin between beserker and hawk, so maybe they'll be doing an earth frame next.

I hope not, just because I really want them to add in Typhus next. Awesome fan concept with 400+ upvotes.

It's the Warp Void, the laws of physics and common sense need not apply.

More seriously, the projectiles likely are manifested within the room in those cases. The Void is a realm adjacent to and overlapping the physical universe in Warrame, I believe, so Hydroid and his "ship" could be in the same location, yet in different universes simultaneously.