Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

I've been imagining 3 with a Loki. Especially if using range makes the puddle even wider.

Loki deploys decoy near the pod, disarms, the three hydroids then 'wet themselves' around it, instant win and nom-noms. 

Edited by Naith

If I make my Hydroid's Energy colour yellow, will my water be yellow as well? I ask because this would totally affect whether or not I buy him with Platinum =D

I would assume it would be like snowglobe. Primarily blue, but with tints of your energy colour in it.

Are they a touch silly? Yes. But I think I thought of a reason WHY they're like that.

Have you ever worn a wetsuit and filled it with water? You know how that water fills up the legs of the wetsuit pants and makes you look like you have really fat legs?

Now, remember that two of Hydroid's four abilities have him turning INTO water, not summoning water to move him, actually BECOMING water for a duration. With that in mind, consider this: that Hydroid's physical form is but a liquideous substance (maybe not quite water, but certainly not separated by much) and the frame he wears contains him to allow him to focus his power; the frame a solid that can alter its shape (think "liquid metal") but always returns to its base form in order to keep its Tenno in a set form.

In short: Hydroid's Tenno's void affliction turned him into a liquideous (but still sentient) form, and the Hydroid frame keeps him in a humanoid shape to better let him focus his affliction into useful abilities.

That's my thought, at least.

That.

The people under the frames are all the same, supposedly (which is indeed weird with Nekros's thin limbs and Oberon's legs, but still). They are Tennos.

I think they've got their differences, with the frames being the conduits for their specific afflictions. Ember's got her look, Excalibur's got another. Just like mutations lead to different looks and different body types, so to does the Void's "twisting" (the mutations that made them Tenno) afflict the children that became Tenno differently to give them different powers.

Ember's codex entry implies that they either enhance them or simply serve to alleviate whatever affliction the Tenno in question has.  It's not clear, but the suits certainly don't GIVE them the powers.

I thought this too untill Valkyr and Zephyrs suits (Which look like power suits). It does makes more sense for the suits to be more of a life support system though.

Edited by (PS4)Aeon-Rising