Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drakgoon Is Buggy, Right?

MechaTails

Loving the jet engine aesthetic of this weapon, and its insanely powerful already doing over 4k damage at level 30 with no forma and only 4 mods. The problem is that it sometimes doesnt seem to hit targets at all, even if theyre right in front of the barrel! Sometimes the enemy only gets hit by 1 or 2 pellets, even though the barrels are practically in their mouth. Sometimes I'll shoot at a mob with an uncharged shot and none of them will take damage.

The performance of the weapon is way too random, I love it when it works but when it fails it gets you killed.

I will say though, the problem happens all the time when in a laggy game, so maybe its related to that, or to frame rate.

lag/latency, or the issues that Warframe has with Weapons. Hitscan Weapons origin from the Camera, meaning sometimes you can hit... not where you're aiming. and Ballistic Weapons origin from the barrel end, but not all of them are, persay, 'correct' - and it's possible to have enemies just be too close, and then shots hit off aim or just phase through them, etc.

the first option is most likely, though.

Loving the jet engine aesthetic of this weapon, and its insanely powerful already doing over 4k damage at level 30 with no forma and only 4 mods. The problem is that it sometimes doesnt seem to hit targets at all, even if theyre right in front of the barrel! Sometimes the enemy only gets hit by 1 or 2 pellets, even though the barrels are practically in their mouth. Sometimes I'll shoot at a mob with an uncharged shot and none of them will take damage.

The performance of the weapon is way too random, I love it when it works but when it fails it gets you killed.

I will say though, the problem happens all the time when in a laggy game, so maybe its related to that, or to frame rate.

The path of the projectiles seems to be slanted to the right.  I think it's because the parallax from the model to the crosshair is bugged.

Try switching the position of your camera to the left of the warframe and see if it changes sides.

1) All projectile weapons suffer some issues with the camera. This is because the PoV of your camera differs from the firing point of whatever your projectile weapon is. Hitscans work a bit different; their "firing point" seems to align more directly with your actual PoV.

Let's assume your camera is hovering over your warframe's right shoulder. So when you're trying to fire a projectile weapon (say, your bow) at a target very close to you and completely centered on your crosshair, rather than firing from dead on like you'd expect, you're actually firing from the left side of the screen to the right, with the game trying to adjust the flight of your arrow to take a path from your firing point to where your crosshair is pointed at (which is to the right of you and your firing point).

2) Normal bullets from hitscan weapons are blocked by friendlies as far as I know. Bows are not unique here. However, this also raises the question of if the innate punch through is properly letting arrows go through teammates, which I've not tested. Even if it is letting arrows go through properly, when you think about it in conjunction with the first point, you cannot aim the same way even with punch through. Since your arrow naturally fires from left to right from your point of view, in order to properly punch through a line of enemies, you need to adjust it so that you personally do not see them in a line.

believe this is how it works (MSPAINT #1):

pCMTvZ6.png

It helps to adjust your aim to compensate for this as you get closer to a target. In some cases, it is better to actually be sure your crosshair is off the target completely.

Hehe, yep. My friend and I tried playing Bl2 in 3rd person for a gme and we just gave up after a bit lol

lag/latency, or the issues that Warframe has with Weapons. Hitscan Weapons origin from the Camera, meaning sometimes you can hit... not where you're aiming. and Ballistic Weapons origin from the barrel end, but not all of them are, persay, 'correct' - and it's possible to have enemies just be too close, and then shots hit off aim or just phase through them, etc.

To clarify, if an enemy is literally right in your face, aim to the far right. Don't ask questions, it just works.

Tried playing solo to eliminate lag as a factor, but the misses still happened. And shots definitely miss all the time when too close to the target, but they also miss when shooting into mobs when there's no way for the shot to miss, so wtf? I'm talking about unloading 7 blasts into a big mob and only 3 of the shots showing any damage done.

It's especially frustrating because there are so few weapons I actually like in the game, and now I have to mothball another one :(

Drakgoon isn't a hitscan weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

Did a little more testing playing solo

When shooting at targets that are standing totally still, and I'm also standing still, meaning neither of us change positions and neither does my aim, some of the shots would miss for absolutely no reason. Yes, identical shots. Some of them would do tons of damage, and some no damage at all, the enemy health bar wouldn't drop and no damage numbers appear.

Edited by DarkTails