Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Prime Needs A Double Damage Buff. Kestrel And Glaive

Makemap

Glaive Prime is one of the most useless Prime Melee I have ever used. The Charge Damage is too weak. It seriously needs a buff, the fact that it costs 10 Orokin Cells to craft.

Reason for this:

#1 Exactly the same damage as Normal Glaive.

#2 There are a lot of Glaive mods to prevent a pure damage build

#3 Pretty hard to Farm

#4 It is a Prime weapon, it is suppose to have more damage just like the other prime weapons in comparasion.

#5 Mainly uses Slash damage(very bad over all, except infested)

#6 No AOE slam

#7 No default element

#8 No staggering(at least some weapon has it)

#9 No bonuses just like the Original Glaive.

#10 There is one con with these throwing weapon, when thrown, you cannot melee. This means you have no choice, but to run away from mobs.

I know for sure the Charge damage needs a serious buff since Damage 2.0.

Changes to Kestrel and Glaive Idea:

a) Buff Charge Damage of Kestrel/ Normal Glaive to "150 default", Glaive Prime should be "200 default"

"Again there are Glaive mods to improve your throw which kinds on ruin you from having a pure damage build just like other melee weapons."

b) Increase Proc chance of all throwing weapons. 20% for Glaive. 25% for Glaive Prime. 15% for Kestrel as it has Knockdown effect unlike Glaive.

Reason: These weapons are meant to be thrown, not melee multiple hits like the normal melee weapons. It would usually only hit once and that is a pretty low status chance for these weapons having the same as normal melee.

Edited by Makemap

Well, charged melee attacks are going to be gone with melee 2.0 anyways, so I don't know how it'll even work now (maybe the glaive will still keep the charge mechanic).

Don't think so. Unequipped melee will work the same as it does now according to what they've said so far.

Don't think so. Unequipped melee will work the same as it does now according to what they've said so far.

Exactly.

But all in all... Glaive Prime should be far more powerful than it is. I mean invisible Loki makes it nice but other than that... Buff please.

Edited by RawGritz

From what they said, you will equip your melee weapon by holding down your quick attack key (e) replacing the old charge attack.

As for the general buff, I totally agree.

Exactly.I mean invisible Loki makes it nice

It also works beautifully with Excal's radial blind, the same x4 un-alerted damage and also the stun makes them easy targets for head shots :D

Edited by rapt0rman

Altho I'm not fan of glaive fams(my fav is kestrel till now)

I'd agree glaives need buff in utility side...

Kestrel altho didn't give much dmg it has knockdown/ragdoll utility

Why not giving glaive some uniqueness just like kestrel?

Since unless the user use loki/ash/excalibur,glaive dmg is not gonna go crazy...

From what they said, you will equip your melee weapon by holding down your quick attack key (e) replacing the old charge attack.

As for the general buff, I totally agree.

It also works beautifully with Excal's radial blind, the same x4 un-alerted damage and also the stun makes them easy targets for head shots :D

That renders a whole lot of mods redundant.

I can't see the charging being scrapped.

That renders a whole lot of mods redundant.

I can't see the charging being scrapped.

they would just get updated with the new system, like stun chance mods getting converted to status chance. Either way, hopefully we'll see tomorrow :P