The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grandfathered Stat Helms, How Will It Work?

Wreckoning

Say I currently have a helmet with stats. I believe we have been told that those of us with stat helms will get a blueprint for a version of those helms without stats.

(This would accompany a modification in alert helm blueprints whereby those helms would no longer have stats as well.)

So, I have the helm with stats, I build the one without. Some questions:

1) will I have to pay resources to build the stat-less version of the helm?

2) once the new version of the helm is built, what happens to the helm I had before? The one with the stats. Do I still have the option to equip it if I wish, or does it disappear?

3) what happens if I don't use the blueprint? Do I still have the original?

Anyone know if DE has said anything about this?

The blueprint is for removing the stats from the helmet you already have not for building a new one and DE has not said if you will be able to have the helmet with stats and its statless version you may have to chose which version you want.

The blueprint is for removing the stats from the helmet you already have not for building a new one and DE has not said if you will be able to have the helmet with stats and its statless version you may have to chose which version you want.

So I will be able to choose which helmets retain stats and which lose stats? That would work out nicely.

Has anyone ever built a second copy of the same helmet? I would be curious to know if you see two helmets of the same type to choose from...

I am assuming this, but based on the most likely code they could ran, the helmets you have built will be given a new function/variable (something that allows it to be changed within the code) pressumingly making the bps identified by another function/variable which they will change to statless.  basically, stat helms built will not be affected by the change, but any bp in your foundry, or that is on alert afterwards will be a seperate class than the helms you have right now.

so...  under this assumption (nothing has been said officially), the following answers are to your questions

1: To convert a stat helm to statless, most likely not, but if you also want purely cosmetic, you will need to build another.

2: As they are seperate, you will keep both, and be able to equip both.

3: The bp will be changed to give you a statless helm upon build completion.

New comment above, you are currently unable to have two of the same helms.  The bp appears in the inventory but not shown in your foundry.  Assuming, once the bp is assigned to build a non stat helm, it is not a duplicate, and will be able to be built.  You will be given a conversion bp for each helm, so yes, you can choose.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Starfreak911

I think they're being too light-footed with the whole issue. They really could just remove the helmet stats and balance would be *somewhat* restored.

I have pretty much every stat helm there is. And don't tell anyone but sometimes I think if they took all those stats away from me that I might actually be ok with that. The thing is, I am using some helms I feel are butt ugly because of the stats they give me. For example, the Ember Prime helm is beautiful but i don't use it because one of the alt helms has stats I don't want to pass up. If they simply stripped all stats then I would be free to use any helms I wanted or even swap the occasionally to keep the frame fresh. I guess I am saying I secretly wish they would screw me over so I could be mor laid back about helms.

Pretty funny huh?

I think they're being too light-footed with the whole issue. They really could just remove the helmet stats and balance would be *somewhat* restored.

Better yet, they should add a costume slot. That way they can ADD stats to the rest of the helmets and people would be able to choose whether to just use a helmet for looks or just use the helmet for stats or use a helmet for both looks and stats.

Umm... No?

I LOVE the stats on my Helms (Banshee Chorus FTW; followed by: Vanguard Rhino, and Menticide Nyx) I would Really like a more consistant 'Helmet system'. Where all Helmets are cosmetic and include a single trade-off slot. These trade-offs could be non-Warframe locked; want the Menticide bonus on a Rhino? go for it! Want Vanguard on a Zephyr? Can do! Thus increasing build variety and unlike mods these can't be ranked, and you only get one... choose wisely.

Honestly, most of the people who have these helmets aren't going to be playing in a few months, so if they remove the helms after U13 the new players coming in won't have to worry about helmet stats and go for what they like. It's a move to make the newbies happy, but allow the veterans to have something unique for themselves if they wish to keep the stats. (personally gonna just get rid of the garbage stat helms and use them when i don't feel like using the one with stats) 

Anyone know if they're removing the stats from the weapon skins that have them?

To my knowledge no, i haven't seen them say anything in any of their livestreams or devstreams, so unless it's somewhere buried in the forums.... No

Ohh hell no. I like my helms with stats. I worked hard for them, looked them up for months. My Nyx Vespa helm is the best thing ever, it basically saves me a slot for another mod and it makes my end game chaos build possible.

So, in conclusion - NO. I do NOT AGREE with losing the stats on my helms. The only possible way for me to agree with this is if I get a compensation, like lets say, an extra frame slot that I can use. Other than that, NO.

Edited by Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Ohh hell no. I like my helms with stats. I worked hard for them, looked them up for months. My Nyx Vespa helm is the best thing ever, it basically saves me a slot for another mod and it makes my end game chaos build possible.

So, in conclusion - NO. I do NOT AGREE with losing the stats on my helms. The only possible way for me to agree with this is if I get a compensation, like lets say, an extra frame slot that I can use. Other than that, NO.

You are not losing your helmet stats unless you chose to remove them all the change will do is screw over new players and allow people to actually use vauban's alt helmets.

I have all the helms in game atm, and I DO want them to remove stats from helms.  I love the helms with stats, and use them all the time.  I feel the best solution is to remove the stats from helms and put them in their own slot.  No cosmetic to accompany them.  Of course I want Excal Prime to be released too, so they can add stats to all the Prime frames, but that's a different topic that's dead.  DE will do what they do, and we shouldn't complain about it.