The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This How Natural Talent Is Intended To Work?

Cemges

When i use max natural talent on my excalibur radial blind, I notice that only thing it reduces is the time of animation I spend stuck, not the actual casting time. So the problem is when i cast blind, it takes exact same time for it to take effect = 1 second of radial blind going to waste, which is the reason why i use natural talent in the first place. It this bug or way it works?

As far as I know, it just cuts down the Animation time on powers that have long animations.

not the cool down of the powers.

No not cooldownmy excalibur raises his sword faster, animation ends faster but radial blind does not take effect for 1 more second; it's effect start exactly at same time with radial blind without natural talent.

No not cooldownmy excalibur raises his sword faster, animation ends faster but radial blind does not take effect for 1 more second; it's effect start exactly at same time with radial blind without natural talent.

the description says:

Improves Casting Speed on Warfame Abilities if Applicable.

Maybe radial Blind is one of the powers that are not Applicable.

Edited to add an image:

250px-Natural_Talent.png

Edited by OniDarkClown

the description says:

Improves Casting Speed on Warfame Abilities if Applicable.

Maybe radial Blind is one of the powers that are not Applicable.

Which is weird since Radial Blind looks like one power that SHOULD be applicable. It almost looks like a bug since you get out of the animation before the casting takes place, even though it should be at the same time.

An example of one where it's not applicable but done correctly is Banshee's Sound Quake. It applies to the animation where she slams her hands on the ground, but not the duration of the sound pulses (which isn't a bad thing).

Edited by Casardis

I'd say that partway down the development process for warframe, skill effects have been linked to the animation state, rather than a specific timer.

DE probably needs to go back through the original content and check to see if such abilities warrant linking to the animation instead of a secondary counter.

Mag also suffers from this, to a lesser degree.

From what I've noticed while using it, all natural talent does is speed up cast animations. It may speed up the cast speed for some skills, but it's main purpose is to get you out of the animations faster so you AREN'T stuck in that vulnerable state. If you've ever used Radial Javelin only to get shot to death because the heavies didn't die, you'll realize just how valuable the mod really is. DEFINITELY recommend it for frames that use movement and dodging to survive.

edit: fixed confusing typo >.>

Edited by Naugus

asking for faster blade storm with natural talent is like asking for world on fire to shoot up flaming pillars 50% faster or asking for zephyr's tornadoes to travel 50% faster. It's only intended to increase the [size=5] Casting [/size] speed, which blade storm has an instant one. 

asking for faster blade storm with natural talent is like asking for world on fire to shoot up flaming pillars 50% faster or asking for zephyr's tornadoes to travel 50% faster. It's only intended to increase the Casting speed, which blade storm has an instant one.

Still it was the only hope for ash when it was first announced.... now that it doesnt work on ash, nothing can fix him

When i use max natural talent on my excalibur radial blind, I notice that only thing it reduces is the time of animation I spend stuck, not the actual casting time. So the problem is when i cast blind, it takes exact same time for it to take effect = 1 second of radial blind going to waste, which is the reason why i use natural talent in the first place. It this bug or way it works?

Natural Talent works just fine on Radial Blind. It actually reduces the time from when you hit '2' until everyone is blinded.

The fact that you think you're somehow wasting a second of your Radial Blind is completely bizarre, and makes me think I'm somehow misunderstanding you.

There's a free and easy-to-use program called fraps http://www.fraps.com/ that will record video of the game and let you time it out exactly.

Still it was the only hope for ash when it was first announced.... now that it doesnt work on ash, nothing can fix him

If you're concerned with speed, use Shuriken.  Almost instant cast speed WITHOUT Natural Talent, you aren't forced into doing nothing for 1-10 sec.  Anyways, not what the thread is about.  Haven't used Natural Talent on my Excal, he doesn't exactly need it except for Radial Javelin, which is very underpowered for its cast speed later on.

Natural Talent works just fine on Radial Blind. It actually reduces the time from when you hit '2' until everyone is blinded.The fact that you think you're somehow wasting a second of your Radial Blind is completely bizarre, and makes me think I'm somehow misunderstanding you.There's a free and easy-to-use program called fraps http://www.fraps.com/ that will record video of the game and let you time it out exactly

That one's a faulty statement on my behalf. I meant that the one second that goes between cast and kicking into effect of radial blind is tge main reason i used naturap talent and it doesnt make a change on that, it only and obly reduces time spent stuck. So I have 1 second latency until enemies stop firing at me.

Edited by Cemges